• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In depth article or is the author fishing for hits

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In-depth. However, it's a disingenuous hit piece.

“And I’ll tell you this right now — if there’s anything negative about women, if there’s anything racial or about sexuality, if there’s anything about guns or anything like that, we’re just not going to recruit you, period,” Frost said in July 2018. “Piece of advice for you — what you put on social media, that’s your résumé to the world. That’s what you’re trying to tell the world you’re all about. That’s how you’re advertising yourself. Be smart with that stuff.”

His own article clearly stated Washington is a sophomore (i.e. class of 2018).
He linked the Omaha World Herald which clearly stated Washington wasn't charged until February 2019.

The incident wasn't known to Frost while he was "recruiting" Washington per Frost's very quote he included in his article. It's a different situation now that he's on campus.

Rumor here in local media (radio) is that the university already knows the likely outcome of the hearing. For starters, he was not a part of the incident, he didn't share it with others when he received it (not revenge pron) and he was a minor when he sent the video to the girl involved.
The kid that originally filmed the incident and shared it with the entire high school only received probation.

The writer of the hit piece seems to have a bone to pick with Nebraska. His linkedin says he was a Kearney Hub sports reporter for 2.5 years prior to this gig.
He's not from Nebraska. He must have left with a bad taste in his mouth. I wonder if he got fired?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/connor-o-gara-17b8551a
Do you remember this guy @popeyecv64 ?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In-depth. However, it's a disingenuous hit piece.

“And I’ll tell you this right now — if there’s anything negative about women, if there’s anything racial or about sexuality, if there’s anything about guns or anything like that, we’re just not going to recruit you, period,” Frost said in July 2018. “Piece of advice for you — what you put on social media, that’s your résumé to the world. That’s what you’re trying to tell the world you’re all about. That’s how you’re advertising yourself. Be smart with that stuff.”

His own article clearly stated Washington is a sophomore (i.e. class of 2018).
He linked the Omaha World Herald which clearly stated Washington wasn't charged until February 2019.

The incident wasn't known to Frost while he was "recruiting" Washington per Frost's very quote he included in his article. It's a different situation now that he's on campus.

Rumor here in local media (radio) is that the university already knows the likely outcome of the hearing. For starters, he was not a part of the incident, he didn't share it with others when he received it (not revenge pron) and he was a minor when he sent the video to the girl involved.
The kid that originally filmed the incident and shared it with the entire high school only received probation.

The writer of the hit piece seems to have a bone to pick with Nebraska. His linkedin says he was a Kearney Hub sports reporter for 2.5 years prior to this gig.
He's not from Nebraska. He must have left with a bad taste in his mouth. I wonder if he got fired?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/connor-o-gara-17b8551a
Do you remember this guy @popeyecv64 ?
tbh I don't see the big deal of sending the gal a vid of her giving a BJ. I could see if he was a r@pist or some shit like that but this seems like a nothing burger.

Of course if it was Washington HC Chris Petersen the kid wouldn't see the field until his court shit was cleared up.

cp4.jpg

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletes are in trouble at every major university. A certain local radio host was railing against playing Washington last week as he thought the university didn't need the bad press to follow.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold that Mo Washington is that much of a difference maker anyway, other than his experience of being in Frost's system for a full season.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude that wrote that article has to be from Iowa! This is horseshit.... I watched a really good video recently from a 2014 Saban interview where he talked about giving players a second chance. Osborne was exactly the same way (with LP especially). Saban had a use case of a player that he gave a second chance to at Michigan state that went on to have a 14 year career in the NFL, and raised a respectable family with kids going to ivy league schools. If he had not given him a chance, he'd be in a totally different world.

This is even apart from the idea that everyone has a right to due process and is innocent until proven guilty. A football coach is not judge, jury, and executioner, and SF understands that. If he's found guilty and charged with a felony, you can bet he'll be off the team. But SF kicking him from the team now is a premature act of judgment that is morally wrong.