• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm with Chip, I'm all in on Mariota...

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Mariota. I think he would be a great fit for Chip's offense but there is no way I would trade two #1 draft picks for him. I just don't see a scenario that would benefit us.
I agree with you. Has Kelly completely written off Foles as being his QB? The guy was showing lots of promise prior to his injury.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. Has Kelly completely written off Foles as being his QB? The guy was showing lots of promise prior to his injury.

I would not say he has written off Foles but Mariota is definatly a better fit. I don't think Chip is going to bet the farm on trading up though.

Crash_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too risky imo. Too many holes to fill on offense and defense to trade several draft picks and established players for a prospect.

Chip's obviously an intelligent guy and with a few years as an NFL head coach under his belt I think he's able to gauge how well he can be successful at the next level with his system. if this guy is supremely confident that Mariota can take this franchise to an NFL title in the future, then whatever.

only way this sort of trade is justified is if Mariota becomes a superstar QB. If he's average or a bust, obviously, this franchise will be set back for several years. Is it worth it to take this big of a gamble.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mettenberger can say he'd beat out Joe Montana if he wants, but it doesn't make him a franchise guy. He has an excellent arm, but he was still a 6th rounder. If not injured you can make a case he would have gone in the 2nd or the 3rd, but it's still not a top 10 Franchise type guy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see the Titans passing over Mariota because they have Mettenberger.
But because they have Mettenberger, they may be willing to trade away #2. Jax and Oak don't need QBs, but after that one could argue that Was, NYJ, and Chi do. We gotta get to #4 at the latest.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Mariota. I think he would be a great fit for Chip's offense but there is no way I would trade two #1 draft picks for him. I just don't see a scenario that would benefit us.
I give 2 away in a second. Problem is that we'll need at least 3 #1s.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give 2 away in a second. Problem is that we'll need at least 3 #1s.

Haha yup…I wish all it took was 2 #1's lol. Going from #20 to #1-3 is going to cost a pretty penny. I think Chip does what he has to do to get his guy... I just really hope that doesn't include Kendricks or Cox.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he goes #1 or #2 and we don't have too worry about chip selling the whole farm