• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm with Chip, I'm all in on Mariota...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the full tape of Mariota vs Ohio State, and Mariota was Fuckin Awesome! His team let him down, his O-line didn't block, his receivers dropped beautiful balls right in their hands. The ball comes off his hand so quick, a flick of the wrist and the ball is a 30 yard rope on the money. He steps up into the pocket and let's it rip! He isn't falling away off his back foot like other Eagles Qb's we know. He makes every NFL throw in this game. He threads the needle on the deep post, he throws deep outs, he throws quick slants, the ball gets on the receiver in a hurry. He throws with supreme accuracy. He can get out of trouble quickly with his feet, however in the NFL that will have to be adjusted. This kids got it all. The Ohio St d-line was all over him this game and Mariota was still getting it done! I'm officially all in. I want Mariota. I'll give up 3 #1 picks for this kid, because if I get him, really I just gave up 2 #1's. I'm ok with that. This kid would be an absolute Star in our offense.

Marcus Mariota vs Ohio State (2014) | Draft Breakdown

Last edited:

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on board with Mariota….I just don't want to see Cox or Kendricks being added to the trade.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the full tape of Mariota vs Ohio State, and Mariota was Fuckin Awesome! His team let him down, his O-line didn't block, his receivers dropped beautiful balls right in their hands. The ball comes off his hand so quick, a flick of the wrist and the ball is a 30 yard rope on the money. He steps up into the pocket and let's it rip! He isn't falling away off his
back foot like other Eagles Qb's we know. He makes every NFL throw in this game. He threads the needle
on the deep post, he throws deep outs, he throws quick slants, the ball gets on the receiver in a hurry.He throws with supreme accuracy. He can get out of trouble quickly with his feet, however in the
NFL that will have to be adjusted. This kids got it all. The Ohio St d-line was all over him this game and
Mariota was still getting it done! I'm officially all in. I want Mariota. I'll give up 3 #1 picks for this kid,
because if I get him, really I just gave up 2 #1's. I'm ok with that. This kid would be an absolute Star in
our offense.
Chip still butthurt about tOSU crushing his boys in the NC.

Marcus Mariota vs Ohio State (2014) | Draft Breakdown

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Eagles will have a chance at him ... Winston to Tampa and Marcus to the Titans. The Eagles would have to just trade an absolute boat load to end up with him. As much as I like Mariota ... it's just not worth crippling your team's future. Now, if he were to drop in the 8-10 area? Sure, go for it ... assuming we do well in free agency.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Foles backer, but I have concluded that Mariota would be a gamble worth taking. He would run Chip's offense the way Chip wishes he could run it.

Chip will try. He may fail, but he will try to make this trade up. I have no doubt.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Eagles will have a chance at him ... Winston to Tampa and Marcus to the Titans. The Eagles would have to just trade an absolute boat load to end up with him. As much as I like Mariota ... it's just not worth crippling your team's future. Now, if he were to drop in the 8-10 area? Sure, go for it ... assuming we do well in free agency.
I don't see it Ray...I think the titans Love Mettenberger....Did ya see where Mettenberger said he would beat out Winston or Mariota anyway so he said draft them if ya want!...lol

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is going to make a massive push for Mariota. I wouldn't be surprised if there's something brewing already. Expect the unexpected…Ladies and Gentlemen, fasten your seat belts - the Chipster is flying this plane.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it Ray...I think the titans Love Mettenberger....Did ya see where Mettenberger said he would beat out Winston or Mariota anyway so he said draft them if ya want!...lol
Mettenberger can say he'd beat out Joe Montana if he wants, but it doesn't make him a franchise guy. He has an excellent arm, but he was still a 6th rounder. If not injured you can make a case he would have gone in the 2nd or the 3rd, but it's still not a top 10 Franchise type guy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see the Titans passing over Mariota because they have Mettenberger.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying TB would pick Winston & we would get Mariota. Until Foles is extended or Mariota goes somewhere else, I'll still believe we are going to get him.

Jags or Raiders will most likely be trade partner IMO.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's done a great job in his interviews with his charisma ... the dude is a tremendous salesman (which is not a bad thing when it comes to having people follow you). He's a better pocket passer than Mariota right now, but let's not forget the guy threw 18 Int's this past season and doesn't make great decisions off the field. I still think in the long run the Bucs are making a mistake by taking Jameis' immediate returns over Mariota. I like Winston and think he's a good prospect ... I just don't think he's a given to be the next Andrew Luck like everyone seems to be predicting.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it will be the Bucs after all...

1st rd pick 2016
QB Foles
DE Curry
ILB Kendricks

Lovie the vet coach may not want a rookie QB. Doubt he would turn down that offer. Then again, he may not have a say. lol.

Gotta think Foles, Curry, Boykin & maybe even Kendricks could be included in a trade up or traded somewhere else.

Season of the purge.

In reality..if we DONT get Mariota, this shit wont make a damn difference. We aint winning shit with Foles.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody seems to think the birds are the only team interested in trading up for Mariota. Even if the top teams don't want him, somebody between 4-19 certainly would, and it would be incrementally easier for them to move up than us.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll know before FA begins whether or not we're moving up. Would give Chip the easiest way to lay out his FA plan if he knows exactly whats left post trade.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt on Mariotta ability, that is why I continue to say he will be the number 1 overall pick.

I seriously doubt Chip can pull this off, Foles, Kendricks Curry and two number 1's come on now. That is crazy. If Chip were to make a deal like that I think we should have him committed to a mental institution. In fact I will go even further and tell you that this team will be no better than 4-12 next year. That is unless Mariotta can rush the passer, cover a back out the backfield, throw the ball to himself, run the ball 300 times next year, block for himself and cover wide receivers.

One other thing, if Chip had such a hard on for Mariotta why did he win the Giants game? That cost him several draft slots and will cost that much more to trade up.

I am sure Chip would love to have Mariotta who wouldn't. But at the end of the day other GM's will bend him over and give him the business several times over in order to let him get his man. Chip is too smart to let this happen. I trust Chip and I trust that Chip is not going to overpay to get Mariotta.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt on Mariotta ability, that is why I continue to say he will be the number 1 overall pick.

I seriously doubt Chip can pull this off, Foles, Kendricks Curry and two number 1's come on now. That is crazy. If Chip were to make a deal like that I think we should have him committed to a mental institution. In fact I will go even further and tell you that this team will be no better than 4-12 next year. That is unless Mariotta can rush the passer, cover a back out the backfield, throw the ball to himself, run the ball 300 times next year, block for himself and cover wide receivers.

One other thing, if Chip had such a hard on for Mariotta why did he win the Giants game? That cost him several draft slots and will cost that much more to trade up.

I am sure Chip would love to have Mariotta who wouldn't. But at the end of the day other GM's will bend him over and give him the business several times over in order to let him get his man. Chip is too smart to let this happen. I trust Chip and I trust that Chip is not going to overpay to get Mariotta.

I would agree. If he's as in love as posters are suggesting Chip will get gang-raped trying to move up.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Charger fan, I pay far more attention to the teams in the AFC, and the AFC West. But as I listen to the draft talk it seems that Chip is working very hard to pull in former Duck players (by the way, I'm one who would take Mariotta over Winston). I've read a couple of things were it's creating some talk among Eagles players, especially after the McCoy trade, that Kelly is beginning to rub some players the wrong way with this efforts to pull in Eagle players. Any truth to this?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cheaper to trade for your boy Manziel.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Mariota. I think he would be a great fit for Chip's offense but there is no way I would trade two #1 draft picks for him. I just don't see a scenario that would benefit us.