• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to be honest about Seattle

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you need 70 posts to say the same over and over again?

Yes I am aware you are predicting an 8-8 season. And you cherry pick the data you want to support that claim.

If the Seahawks have as many injuries this year as they had last year then they will be lucky to be 8-8.
Why do I need multiple 12s cherry picking bits and pieces of my posts? So I choose to answer the majority of their posts many times having to repeat myself. If the same arguments aren't continuously brought up chances are I may not have to explain myself down to the most basic level.

As much as you follow me you should realize I don't believe in, nor do I use the injury excuse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll either ignore you or he's have some excuse as to why the Seahawks were better than he predicted.
Once again cherry pick what you will. I've already said my prediction may be wrong, it's not even June yet. Then in typical 12 fashion I get accused of preparing an escape clause, lol.
You 12s are some kind of special.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysts and critics do the very same thing all the time. Not gonna be any different with him. That just means we'll be underrated all year.
Good plan, get that disrespect card ready. That way if Seattle does well you can say "we told you haters and trolls", or if they fail you can say "no one predicted us to do anything". YEP you're fitting in well as new 12. Now just tell us how you've been a passionate fan with season tickets since 1976:thumb:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again cherry pick what you will. I've already said my prediction may be wrong, it's not even June yet. Then in typical 12 fashion I get accused of preparing an escape clause, lol.
You 12s are some kind of special.

Look. You have 83 posts in this thread. About 80 of them involve criticizing the "12s".

I get it, you deal with a lot of Seahawk fans where you live. I get that can be annoying. I live in the NYC metro and I hate all the NY teams, especially the Yankees.

But at some point you could provide a little more depth of analysis and less "12s are idiots" rhetoric.

Tell you what. I'll repost what I wrote earlier and you tell me where you think I'm misguided or how you know the answer to these questions already..

Well I think most folks here have their own reasons for predicting the Seahawks to fall but we will see.

The Seahawks still have Russell Wilson. They still have Earl Thomas. They still have Bobby Wagner.

Their offensive line improved in the 2nd half of last season. Losing their starting LT in preseason was a killer injury and Rees Odhiambo was simply terrible.

If they didn't have an atrocious kicker last year they were still an 11 win team.

The Seahawks could really struggle this. No question. They could also be just as good as year's past. There are just too many variables.

1. New Offensive Coordinator - Bevell was highly controversial OC in Seattle for years, which is common for OCs. But he probably should have been shown the door last offseason. Who knows what Schottenheimer will do. Could be worse. Could be better.

2. New offensive line coach - This is one of the biggest positional coaching changes in Seahawks history, given the impact of the previous coach. As well respected as Cable was in the league, he ALWAYS fielded a sub-par group that ranged from mediocre to embarrassing. Solari is, at worst, addition by subtraction with a great chance of dramatically improving the line.

3. New Defensive Coordinator - This was a bit surprising to me but the truth is that the defense often seemed a little lost under Richard. Ken Norton isn't going to bring in some master game plan. But he's gonna keep this now much younger defense motivated.

4. The loss of Sherman and Bennett - Sherman was one of my favorite Hawks. But there is no question that he could be a distraction as was Bennett. Sherman was, prior to the injury, still a top flight corner but Bennett was fading significantly. Constantly called offside and often went missing. Losing them will hurt but could have positive effects.

5. The loss of Jimmy Graham - Jimmy Graham had some big TD catches. He also had some HORRENDOUS drops. His 59% catch rate was pretty terrible. And he was a matador of a blocker. Dickson isn't going to get 10 TDs. But he's a great blocker. Graham's departure may or may not be a significant boon or bust for the Seahawks.

These are all big question marks that could be answered one way or the other.

The Seahawks could win 7. They could 12. I doubt it will go outside of that band though.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look. You have 83 posts in this thread. About 80 of them involve criticizing the "12s".

I get it, you deal with a lot of Seahawk fans where you live. I get that can be annoying. I live in the NYC metro and I hate all the NY teams, especially the Yankees.

But at some point you could provide a little more depth of analysis and less "12s are idiots" rhetoric.

Tell you what. I'll repost what I wrote earlier and you tell me where you think I'm misguided or how you know the answer to these questions already..

Well I think most folks here have their own reasons for predicting the Seahawks to fall but we will see.

The Seahawks still have Russell Wilson. They still have Earl Thomas. They still have Bobby Wagner.

Their offensive line improved in the 2nd half of last season. Losing their starting LT in preseason was a killer injury and Rees Odhiambo was simply terrible.

If they didn't have an atrocious kicker last year they were still an 11 win team.

The Seahawks could really struggle this. No question. They could also be just as good as year's past. There are just too many variables.

1. New Offensive Coordinator - Bevell was highly controversial OC in Seattle for years, which is common for OCs. But he probably should have been shown the door last offseason. Who knows what Schottenheimer will do. Could be worse. Could be better.

2. New offensive line coach - This is one of the biggest positional coaching changes in Seahawks history, given the impact of the previous coach. As well respected as Cable was in the league, he ALWAYS fielded a sub-par group that ranged from mediocre to embarrassing. Solari is, at worst, addition by subtraction with a great chance of dramatically improving the line.

3. New Defensive Coordinator - This was a bit surprising to me but the truth is that the defense often seemed a little lost under Richard. Ken Norton isn't going to bring in some master game plan. But he's gonna keep this now much younger defense motivated.

4. The loss of Sherman and Bennett - Sherman was one of my favorite Hawks. But there is no question that he could be a distraction as was Bennett. Sherman was, prior to the injury, still a top flight corner but Bennett was fading significantly. Constantly called offside and often went missing. Losing them will hurt but could have positive effects.

5. The loss of Jimmy Graham - Jimmy Graham had some big TD catches. He also had some HORRENDOUS drops. His 59% catch rate was pretty terrible. And he was a matador of a blocker. Dickson isn't going to get 10 TDs. But he's a great blocker. Graham's departure may or may not be a significant boon or bust for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks could win 7. They could 12. I doubt it will go outside of that band though.

You and I feel the exact same way about the team that will see the field this coming season. It all starts in training camp. How the players perform in the new offensive and defensive schemes will come to light during the 4 preseason games. All the points you made, I've been trying to hammer home ever since I joined here. I'm not sure why or how the same can be said by the 2 of us but it gets across moreso by you than me. I think you are absolutely right when you predicted us to win somewhere between 7 and 12 games.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad you have the desire to continue to go back over this thread and analyze how many posts I've had and which ones have been critical of the 12s in your opinion.

I've answered most if not all of your questions whether directly to you or in other posts.

What I find funny is when I say you've lost x player/s and it will hurt the team it's trolling. When you or others post we lost them but no big deal... it's supposed to be taken as fact. Because if I or anyone else disagrees we're trolling/haters...

You mention Sherman and Bennett being gone. Yet never Richardson, Avril, Kam (likely)and possibly ET. So yes I'm repeating myself because no one has addressed these losses and how Seattle is better today then the end of 17?

It's not just you. It's the way these boards are. These are sports chats where it should be assumed shit talking will be a big piece of what's being said. Many on here want to call that hating/trolling. I don't go on the Hawks board and talk shit/troll/hate. This is the general board and many Hawk fans are way oversensitive. That makes it even more fun to continue to pick their collective scabs. I very rarely start a troll thread. Do I join in and have fun:nod::nod::nod:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I feel the exact same way about the team that will see the field this coming season. It all starts in training camp. How the players perform in the new offensive and defensive schemes will come to light during the 4 preseason games. All the points you made, I've been trying to hammer home ever since I joined here. I'm not sure why or how the same can be said by the 2 of us but it gets across moreso by you than me. I think you are absolutely right when you predicted us to win somewhere between 7 and 12 games.
Predicting going between 7-12 is not really going out on a limb. Damn that's 1/3 of the schedule variance.
I will say predicting 12 wins is awfully bold. Winning 12 games in the NFL is hard. Way too many variables especially considering it's only May. Actually I'm only 50/50 that the Pats or Eagles will get 12 wins.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you have the desire to continue to go back over this thread and analyze how many posts I've had and which ones have been critical of the 12s in your opinion.

It took 10 seconds to get your post count in this thread.

I've answered most if not all of your questions whether directly to you or in other posts.

What I find funny is when I say you've lost x player/s and it will hurt the team it's trolling. When you or others post we lost them but no big deal... it's supposed to be taken as fact. Because if I or anyone else disagrees we're trolling/haters...

I said the Seahawks could win 7 to 12 games.
You mention Sherman and Bennett being gone. Yet never Richardson, Avril, Kam (likely)and possibly ET. So yes I'm repeating myself because no one has addressed these losses and how Seattle is better today then the end of 17?

Richardson played one season of average football for us. Avril was gone for most of last year. Kam will hurt for sure. The chances of ET not being on the team this season are pretty slim at this point.

It's not just you. It's the way these boards are. These are sports chats where it should be assumed shit talking will be a big piece of what's being said. Many on here want to call that hating/trolling. I don't go on the Hawks board and talk shit/troll/hate. This is the general board and many Hawk fans are way oversensitive. That makes it even more fun to continue to pick their collective scabs. I very rarely start a troll thread. Do I join in and have fun:nod::nod::nod:

I get it. Hawk fans are the only sensitive posters here when someone comes a trollin'.

It's not like the Patriots have sensitive posters here.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He mentioned Sherman and Bennett because they were released to save money under the cap as was Cliff Avril. We are unsure of the health status of Kam Chancellor is and Earl Thomas has been connected to trade talks with the Cowboys. Paul Richardson isn't really a big loss because he wasn't used that much on offense to begin with. Any other points you'd like to make? I don't mind refuting them while I'm at work. Please be my guest.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predicting going between 7-12 is not really going out on a limb. Damn that's 1/3 of the schedule variance.
I will say predicting 12 wins is awfully bold. Winning 12 games in the NFL is hard. Way too many variables especially considering it's only May. Actually I'm only 50/50 that the Pats or Eagles will get 12 wins.

Let me get this straight. You decide to "troll" a Seahawks fan on how many games we will win this year yet you "go out on a limb" and predict at a 50-50 rate of your team winning 12 games when you know that's how many games the Patriots will win because nobody in their own division let alone conference can play competitively with them.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took 10 seconds to get your post count in this thread.

I said the Seahawks could win 7 to 12 games.

Richardson played one season of average football for us. Avril was gone for most of last year. Kam will hurt for sure. The chances of ET not being on the team this season are pretty slim at this point.

I get it. Hawk fans are the only sensitive posters here when someone comes a trollin'.

It's not like the Patriots have sensitive posters here.

I don't think there's a chance of you getting through to him. Appreciate the attempt though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mentioned Sherman and Bennett because they were released to save money under the cap as was Cliff Avril. We are unsure of the health status of Kam Chancellor is and Earl Thomas has been connected to trade talks with the Cowboys. Paul Richardson isn't really a big loss because he wasn't used that much on offense to begin with. Any other points you'd like to make? I don't mind refuting them while I'm at work. Please be my guest.
So Sherm and Bennet were released only for cap reasons? OK yet you and others are now finally agreeing with the rest of the football world that they were both locker room issues. Many of said it for years and said it wouldn't matter until they started losing. Boom they don't make the playoffs and they clean house both players and coaches.
Avril was released because of his neck issue not a cap issue.
We agree on Kam and ET.
Who was your #2 receiver last season? Who replaces Richardson's production now? You've also lost Graham who I've always claimed was/is way over rated. He can be consistently shut down by teams. He had a lot of drops last year and appeared to only want to try when he was in the EZ. He was/is a terrible blocker. Many of the same 12s told us how the Graham signing was great and how they'd work on him to make him a better blocker. All us trolls and haters disagreed vehemently stating you can't teach and old dog new tricks. He's never been a blocker even in college. So who's picking up these receptions?
Are you starting to see where some of us are less than sold on some of the 12s predictions?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll either ignore you or he's have some excuse as to why the Seahawks were better than he predicted.

But see that's why I accused him of backpedaling by finally saying '8 and 8.' So we're talking about all these negatives for a TWO GAME DIFFERENCE?

If he doesn't bury the lead, and starts with 'Hey I think you guys will be 500 and here's why...,' I for one, am not saying jack in this thread (to him).

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Sherm and Bennet were released only for cap reasons? OK yet you and others are now finally agreeing with the rest of the football world that they were both locker room issues. Many of said it for years and said it wouldn't matter until they started losing. Boom they don't make the playoffs and they clean house both players and coaches.
Avril was released because of his neck issue not a cap issue.
We agree on Kam and ET.
Who was your #2 receiver last season? Who replaces Richardson's production now? You've also lost Graham who I've always claimed was/is way over rated. He can be consistently shut down by teams. He had a lot of drops last year and appeared to only want to try when he was in the EZ. He was/is a terrible blocker. Many of the same 12s told us how the Graham signing was great and how they'd work on him to make him a better blocker. All us trolls and haters disagreed vehemently stating you can't teach and old dog new tricks. He's never been a blocker even in college. So who's picking up these receptions?
Are you starting to see where some of us are less than sold on some of the 12s predictions?

The primary reason we got rid of Sherman and Bennett was due to their high price tag among other reasons that have been discussed here before I just never brought them up again. We have plenty guys who can fill the void left by P-Rich's departure I'm not worried about that. One of the main focal points of training camp and the preseason is to find out what guys stand out as staples of your roster and what players are either borderline of making the team or not going to make the cut at all.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. You decide to "troll" a Seahawks fan on how many games we will win this year yet you "go out on a limb" and predict at a 50-50 rate of your team winning 12 games when you know that's how many games the Patriots will win because nobody in their own division let alone conference can play competitively with them.
Are you trying to become the #1 sensitive 12? If you consider me trolling you because you went out on a limb it's going to be a long season for you. Suck it up buttercup.

Again it's May. There will be lots of changes between now and next January for all teams. 12 games are hard to win. NE has made it look easy and we NE fans are spoiled. The Seattle run of dominance came about when their division was at it's worst. SF was/is no better than any team in the AFCE. Rams until the past two years were terrible. Seattle fans felt they were good because Coach Fisher owned them especially the STs. AZ was good but haven't done anything in 3-4 years.
Weird all right about the same time Seattle got really good.

Go ahead and refute if you want buttercup. Just spare me the tears and Poly Anna whoa is us no respect card.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But see that's why I accused him of backpedaling by finally saying '8 and 8.' So we're talking about all these negatives for a TWO GAME DIFFERENCE?

If he doesn't bury the lead, and starts with 'Hey I think you guys will be 500 and here's why...,' I for one, am not saying jack in this thread (to him).

Check post #15, the first time I posted on this thread. What was my prediction?
Damn are you EVER right?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to become the #1 sensitive 12? If you consider me trolling you because you went out on a limb it's going to be a long season for you. Suck it up buttercup.

Again it's May. There will be lots of changes between now and next January for all teams. 12 games are hard to win. NE has made it look easy and we NE fans are spoiled. The Seattle run of dominance came about when their division was at it's worst. SF was/is no better than any team in the AFCE. Rams until the past two years were terrible. Seattle fans felt they were good because Coach Fisher owned them especially the STs. AZ was good but haven't done anything in 3-4 years.
Weird all right about the same time Seattle got really good.

Go ahead and refute if you want buttercup. Just spare me the tears and Poly Anna whoa is us no respect card.

Tell me how me supporting my team by wanting to see their very best every Sunday makes me sensitive.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is better than Seattle. And the home vs road makes no difference. Dallas is 6-2 on the road the last two years.
Wouldn't they have played 16 games on the road in 2 years?