• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy to the Dubs

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguodala is a shooting guard. So is Klay. Barnes is a SF. Unless you think they should play one of those two out of position, trading Klay is the best option IMO.

Assuming the Warriors are done with big moves: Klay wouldn't be a bad option as a 6th man. Can guard many pgs, shoots almost as well a Curry, and is on the court with the starters when the Ws go small.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked. Screw D12. With Bogut, Lee, Barnes, Iggy, Curry, and Thompson we have an absolutely STACKED roster.

Bring back Jack!

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoked. Screw D12. With Bogut, Lee, Barnes, Iggy, Curry, and Thompson we have an absolutely STACKED roster.

Bring back Jack!

I don't think we can afford him but maybe the first round rookie we got or someone that will come a bit cheaper, I believe I read we have 2.6 million under the cap after the AI move today.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bring back Jack!

...along with a rotation of Green, Ezeli, Bazemore, and a backup PG (let it be Jack somehow!). Pretty solid.

Need some of the 2012 offseason magic now, when Jack and Landry were added.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...along with a rotation of Green, Ezeli, Bazemore, and a backup PG (let it be Jack somehow!). Pretty solid.

Need some of the 2012 offseason magic now, when Jack and Landry were added.

Depth week in the front court, though. You're right, we need some magic - but a Championship contending roster nonetheless IF everyone can stay healthy (big IF).

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His deal can't go though till the 10th, I'm sure we are going to see a lot of drama over the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case any of you missed this:

Golden State Warriors Sign Andre Iguodala 4 years, $48 million: A dozen things to love about the deal. - Golden State Of Mind

My favorite parts:

"When I say elite defender, I don't mean in the Mark Jackson "Klay/Curry are elite defenders" sense. I mean truly elite. By defensive RAPM, he's the best wing defender in the NBA, by a fair margin: better than LeBron, better than Deng, better than Tony Allen. Coach K (a decent authority on such matters) couldn't stop raving about his D when he was the key defensive stopper on the 2010 FIBA Team USA team that kicked everyone in the world's ass.

"His assist rates in recent years (5.3, 6.2, 5.5, 5.6 assists per 36 minutes the last four seasons) are pretty comparable to those of Jarrett Jack. He has the best assist-to-turnover ratio in the NBA among wing players over the past three seasons. Effectively he takes over Jack's role as our secondary ballhandler. Instead of all the Curry-Jack-Klay units we trotted out last year, we now have Curry-Iggy-Klay and Curry-Iggy-Barnes, or even (most exciting of all) Curry-Iggy-Klay-Barnes. No less potent offensively but light years better defensively and on the boards."

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal just keeps getting worst by the minute.

Dubs gave up multiple first's and second round picks in the salary dump?

What's next the give up 2 Warrior Girls to be named later to the Mormon Village across the way?

We are getting fleeced

:L

The change can be scary, but the talent on the floor improved, and that was the only reason to substantially mess with this roster. Iggy is better than any FA next year, which is all those players and picks represent (wouldn't be able to pay and retain most of those picks with the payroll fans want, anyway). Plus, no more seeing Beans and RJ eat up space that a Bazemore-type player can use to fight for minutes. I hate complacency, especially in millionaires who play a game. Curry put it well. The next five years should be fun... barring the always possible big injuries. At this moment, everything still resides on Curry and Bogut's ankles, but there are more players with elite and developing skills around them.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors now have 3 stars in Curry, Iggy, Lee now that's a really nice core! Along with Klay, Barnes on the uprise.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors now have 3 stars in Curry, Iggy, Lee now that's a really nice core! Along with Klay, Barnes on the uprise.

Not sure if Lee is a "star," but I believe Barnes is not far from one.

There will be nights when he will be the best offensive player on the court. The only question is how consistent he will be in only his second year. Losing Rush really hurt, but it allowed Barnes the chance to grow/struggle, and we'll see the benefit of that this year.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to define star

If an Allstar is top 3-4 at a position in the whole league

Star = top 5-15 at the position?

Iggy certainly qualifies as a top 10 SF, I couldn't name 15 other SF's I'd rather have.

None that I know of who would sign with us for 4 years for 48 million.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The change can be scary, but the talent on the floor improved, and that was the only reason to substantially mess with this roster. Iggy is better than any FA next year, which is all those players and picks represent (wouldn't be able to pay and retain most of those picks with the payroll fans want, anyway). Plus, no more seeing Beans and RJ eat up space that a Bazemore-type player can use to fight for minutes. I hate complacency, especially in millionaires who play a game. Curry put it well. The next five years should be fun... barring the always possible big injuries. At this moment, everything still resides on Curry and Bogut's ankles, but there are more players with elite and developing skills around them.

Good points, my only thing is when I heard of the signing initially it was just Iggy 4 years 48 million.

And then you hear we dumped La Tax + RJ to Utah. Now originally I thought UTA was giving us picks in return, I was floored. Being able to lose that dead weight + getting picks back might have been something we could boast about for years.

Then reports came out that we gave up a 1st round pick, and so forth (+ Rush)

Time will tell if we gave up too much, the 14-15 draft is supposed to be very deep, that draft pick hurts a lot.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus talking about the Iggy signing

Nice to see Marcus getting some national publicity and the Dubs getting some ESPN Time.

Top 4 this year? I'd say top 5 for sure, (SAS,Flop city,OKC,MEM, HOU/ us?) but health and the finalization of this roster is going to play a big part in it

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus talking about the Iggy signing

Nice to see Marcus getting some national publicity and the Dubs getting some ESPN Time.

Top 4 this year? I'd say top 5 for sure, (SAS,Flop city,OKC,MEM, HOU/ us?) but health and the finalization of this roster is going to play a big part in it

I would say top 5 for sure.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Lee is a "star," but I believe Barnes is not far from one.

There will be nights when he will be the best offensive player on the court. The only question is how consistent he will be in only his second year. Losing Rush really hurt, but it allowed Barnes the chance to grow/struggle, and we'll see the benefit of that this year.

Lee was an all star and a 3rd nba team

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, my only thing is when I heard of the signing initially it was just Iggy 4 years 48 million.

And then you hear we dumped La Tax + RJ to Utah. Now originally I thought UTA was giving us picks in return, I was floored. Being able to lose that dead weight + getting picks back might have been something we could boast about for years.

Time will tell if we gave up too much, the 14-15 draft is supposed to be very deep, that draft pick hurts a lot.

Giving up what should be a late first rounder hurts a lot? I think that is a overreaction. I think giving up only two 1sts to get rid of two guys that are terribly and vastly overpaid so you can add a legit player is a a no brainer. I know I saw Chuck talking about adding Iggy and in his proposal I think we had to part with Klay or Barnes but were gaining a pick. I love the move and I think Iggy fits in great with the rest of team.

Don't forget, the Warriors bought the 26th pick this year and if the team is relatively healthy I think we are looking at a low to mid 20s pick that we are giving up to Utah next year. Yes the 2014 draft is much deeper, but the Warriors have shown they have the ability to buy picks and the future 2nds are easily recoupable. I doubt we buy our way into next year's 1st round, but you never know. So if I was in the Warriors FO, I would gladly trade that pick for Iggy. That pick doesn't help us this year and likely wouldn't make a big impact as a rookie.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post. However, this front office has proven that the price of a pick in the late 20s is not too high to insure continued success on the floor. If any fans can embrace a new era, it's Warriors' Fans... probably Cubs and Bengals fans, too. :)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up what should be a late first rounder hurts a lot? I think that is a overreaction. I think giving up only two 1sts to get rid of two guys that are terribly and vastly overpaid so you can add a legit player is a a no brainer. I know I saw Chuck talking about adding Iggy and in his proposal I think we had to part with Klay or Barnes but were gaining a pick. I love the move and I think Iggy fits in great with the rest of team.

Don't forget, the Warriors bought the 26th pick this year and if the team is relatively healthy I think we are looking at a low to mid 20s pick that we are giving up to Utah next year. Yes the 2014 draft is much deeper, but the Warriors have shown they have the ability to buy picks and the future 2nds are easily recoupable. I doubt we buy our way into next year's 1st round, but you never know. So if I was in the Warriors FO, I would gladly trade that pick for Iggy. That pick doesn't help us this year and likely wouldn't make a big impact as a rookie.

Accidentally copied you. Excellent points.