• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you are seriously mad about what Bo said 2 years ago

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nebraska led Ohio St 17-7 in the 2nd Q last year.

That was one reason why I thought if we had Urban Meyer and OSU had Bo Pelini, Nebraska would've beaten OSU last year. There's a slight chance I may have been wrong! lol

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one reason why I thought if we had Urban Meyer and OSU had Bo Pelini, Nebraska would've beaten OSU last year. There's a slight chance I may have been wrong! lol

This is where I'm befuddled regarding the problem though.

The legacy Nebraska fans all remember lesser teams hanging with the Huskers for 1 or 2 quarters when that opponent was fresh. The Huskers were so physical up front (on both sides of the ball) that they'd eventually pull away to a blowout.
Against opponents that were considered peers, Nebraska would win a close game in the 4th Q.

Is Strength and Conditioning (IE Dobson) in the trenches the problem, or is this truly systematic?

Against good teams, Nebraska reminds me of some of those lesser teams that would hang for a little while and then fold.

Many times in the Dobson era (since 2008) I've seen Nebraska struggle up front with some of these non AQ's on both sides of the ball. Outside of Suh, Nebraska doesn't have the All-Americans up front anymore.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face it. If you're getting physically whipped up-front, you're going to lose concentration and start making mistakes.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<hr style="color: transparent; background-color: transparent;" SIZE="1">Then you are either a moron, a drama queen, or you're just simply not using your head.
-------
No, I'm seriously mad about how he allowed UCLA to drop 38 unanswered points on us.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<hr style="color: transparent; background-color: transparent;" SIZE="1">Then you are either a moron, a drama queen, or you're just simply not using your head.
-------
No, I'm seriously mad about how he allowed UCLA to drop 38 unanswered points on us.

Im pissed about UCLA beating us AGAIN, but Bo didnt ALLOW them to score on us any more than Spurrier ALLOWED us to whip the Gators asses years ago. We have a lot of things that need fixing but blaming the head coach for everything that ever happens is nt a stretch, its assnine.

Bo didnt make every player start screwing up or missing tackles or fumbling or any of that crap. I dont think he was the gunman on the grassy knoll either and he didnt have anything to do with the creation or destruction of the Roman Empire. It sux to lose but sooner or later we have a choice to either die angry or get over it.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pissed about UCLA beating us AGAIN, but Bo didnt ALLOW them to score on us any more than Spurrier ALLOWED us to whip the Gators asses years ago. We have a lot of things that need fixing but blaming the head coach for everything that ever happens is nt a stretch, its assnine.

Bo didnt make every player start screwing up or missing tackles or fumbling or any of that crap. I dont think he was the gunman on the grassy knoll either and he didnt have anything to do with the creation or destruction of the Roman Empire. It sux to lose but sooner or later we have a choice to either die angry or get over it.

Not angry at all here. But to say the coach does not have anything to do with the level of play is flat out wrong. I have seen it over and over and over again. A losing team gets a new coach and the same players post a winning record.

There is a reason college football coaches make millions now, that is because a winning team is a money maker and if the head coach has the ability to put a quality product on the field the school will make millions. And the reverse is true also. If that coach does not than he does not keep the job.

But I'm not telling you anything you don't know, am I?

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh No. I am not absolving Bo from all responsibility. Far from it, he has a lot of work to do but he doesnt deserve ALL of the blame neither.

One man , even a head coach, doesnt make a team or break one.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh No. I am not absolving Bo from all responsibility. Far from it, he has a lot of work to do but he doesnt deserve ALL of the blame neither.

One man , even a head coach, doesnt make a team or break one.

The head coach does make the team though. The players are chosen for his scheme. Their identity comes from him. Their level of play is from his practices and motivation.
If this was an isolated incident (UCLA) then your argument might hold water. But it's not. It is a pattern that has become more and more frequent, especially the last 3 years.

Sure kids can have a few too many one week and just not focus and play slack. You blame the player for that and know the coach will deal with it. But over and over and over again? At this point, in year 6, I put ALL of the blame on him. The incompetent staff, the experimental play calling, the lack of adjustments and the undisciplined and unmotivated play is squarely on his shoulders

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head coach does make the team though. The players are chosen for his scheme. Their identity comes from him. Their level of play is from his practices and motivation.
If this was an isolated incident (UCLA) then your argument might hold water. But it's not. It is a pattern that has become more and more frequent, especially the last 3 years.

Sure kids can have a few too many one week and just not focus and play slack. You blame the player for that and know the coach will deal with it. But over and over and over again? At this point, in year 6, I put ALL of the blame on him. The incompetent staff, the experimental play calling, the lack of adjustments and the undisciplined and unmotivated play is squarely on his shoulders

And they can't handle a little success.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy C took a Raiders team that despised him to the Super Bowl. Coaching is not the do all end all. Im not saying Bo doesnt get any blame but he doesnt deserve all of it. That is simply taking more responsibility away from a group of kids who hardly have any the way it stands. If the players man up and accept responsibility for blown coverage missed tackles, poor ball handling etc and hold up their end we dont lose the game much less get blown out.

Or am I to believe that Bo Pelini has taken the very spirit to compete from them. I call bullshit/

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I feel that Bo deserves all the blame because he is the only person in charge of hiring the assistants that he has hired, and if those assistants are failing to develop players, then Bo Pelini has failed to develop players because he hired the wrong guy.

I personally think Beck + Taylor Martinez is the reason we are currently getting blown out. I have thought this through thousands of times, and I have finally come to the conclusion that this combination is just simply no bueno.

I will be making a thread later with some stats to back my claim.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy C took a Raiders team that despised him to the Super Bowl. Coaching is not the do all end all. Im not saying Bo doesnt get any blame but he doesnt deserve all of it. That is simply taking more responsibility away from a group of kids who hardly have any the way it stands. If the players man up and accept responsibility for blown coverage missed tackles, poor ball handling etc and hold up their end we dont lose the game much less get blown out.

Or am I to believe that Bo Pelini has taken the very spirit to compete from them. I call bullshit/

If you are told that if you compete you can win your spot yet you see that there are less talented players starting that will take away the spirit to compete.

If you see a play doesn't work yet that play is forced over and over and over again that will take away the spirit to compete.

If you know that you are going to be thrown under the bus every time a game goes south that will take away the spirit to compete.

You could see it against UCLA as plain as day. The team deflated like a balloon. Now I don't have any proof that any of the scenarios I listed above is happening, I'm not privy to it, but when a whole team shuts down like that there is something creating that culture.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not read this thread on purpose

the dude has ta vent behind closed doors maaan ---hey grow some tuff skin maan

that worm that recorded this is a wooorm --with thin skin and is a coward----- FACT !!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should read it. I ain't mad but the few who are have reason.

He lied to us about never looking at other jobs and he lied about not knowing about the recording.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People who work for micro-managers have little confidence in themselves. They aren't given any responsibility worth a shit.

Has this team ever looked confident/comfortable to you? Do they look like they think too hard about things because they're afraid to make mistakes? Does holding out blackshirts until October/November instill confidence in players?

Bo's management style is fail in a corporation and he'd be thrown out on his ear once profit margins dropped a couple of quarters in a row.

Bo is a micro-manager. Hence giving the three coordinator jobs to yes-men with zero experience, that will not challenge him, that are afraid to make suggestions to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who work for micro-managers have little confidence in themselves. They aren't given any responsibility worth a shit.

Has this team ever looked confident/comfortable to you? Do they look like they think too hard about things because they're afraid to make mistakes? Does holding out blackshirts until October/November instill confidence in players?

Bo's management style is fail in a corporation and he'd be thrown out on his ear once profit margins dropped numbers after a couple of quarters in a row.

Bo is a micro-manager. Hence giving the three coordinator jobs to yes-men with zero experience, that will not challenge him, that are afraid to make suggestions to him.

fer some reason I trust the words that you plorst thar sir --you are a smart fellar

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Getting BLOWN OUT as many times as it has happened is more than just the players screwing up. There are some serious problems down in Lincoln with how Bo prepares his team, and with his game time decision making against comparable competition. Otherwise, I'm not angry, just disappointed that my team appears to be underachieving, when I believe the coaching staff, and the buck stops at Bo Pelini's feet, is not up to the challenge.

Like I have said before, Urban Meyer, or one of the other great coaches in America would get more out of the players we have.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bo's management style is fail in a corporation and he'd be thrown out on his ear once profit margins dropped a couple of quarters in a row.

I think when they have made suggestions to him during games, Bo gives them the Mad Dog Bo look!