• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we lose out on WEBER, Suter, Parise & Carle??

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Jaybo as at best, the 5th best dman on the flyers. Mesz, coburn, grossmann, and timo are all better than him. Why pay 6.5 mil for a 3rd pairing guy?

JAy had 4 35+ seasons 3 at 29pts, he logs tons of minutes & besides having a terrible =/- his rookie and last season has been pretty consistently even. He is prob a 4/5 here but that's because the guys we have are good. In FLa he had 4 straight dominant seasons and was one of the better d-men in the league for all around play. Then he signed the big contract and went to CAL and well like most players who go there his play went to shit(sorry DASH). He's also one of the leagues best iron men playing every game for the past 6 seasons. He has the talent to be a 2/3 I believe but he really hasn't ever been part of a team like we have.

I'm not trying to convince people we should get him at all cost, but if we're unsure how MEZ and Timmo will be this season and he can be had for cheap while we have tons of cap space and only 2 years on his deal I don't see the down side. He's leaps and bounds better then Lilja, Gusty, MAB(who I love btw), Gervais, Syvret and Walker. In fact we may even be able to ship Walker & Shelly to CAL(or at least 1 of them) in the deal to lighten the cap hit some. As I said before it all comes down to his cost for a conditional 2nd and one or both of the above mentioned guys(or any of our other "depth d-men") I'd do it in a second because I think it helps shore up our back-end this year and doesn't force management to feel like they need to make a huge splash at the deadline to win a cup.

I would like to see the Flyers be patient this year and build through next years FA unless they can get Ryan for a reasonable price(I think Weber will cost way too much and without a long-term deal in place it make no sense). Making a depth trade like this would make us a better team(again for the right price) regardless of the cap hit we get back because so much get's freed up next year plus the cap raise.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Carle vs. Jay Bouwmeester

2011-2012

+/-
4 :: -21

Blocked Shots
164 :: 118

Hits
55 :: 69

Giveaways
55 :: 60

PIM
36 :: 26

2010-2011

+/-
30 :: -2

Blocked Shots
157 :: 134

Hits
51 :: 72

Giveaways
59 :: 57

PIM
23 :: 44

2009-2010

+/-
19 :: -4

Blocked Shots
137 :: 126

Hits
35 :: 73

Giveaways
64 :: 56

PIM
16 :: 48

If Matt Carle is overpaid at 5.5, what is Jaybo at 6.5?

p.s. Jaybo is not better than Matt Carle.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're dislike of Jay Bo is as documented as my hatred for Briere.

BTW is my AVi too sexy now? I saw no more boobs and buts or something like that.

haha ya it probably is.. i just wanted to add it in just in case some of the new guys have seen it

and you'd have to ask ghost to be sure, but i doubt it.. she's pretty well covered

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JAy had 4 35+ seasons 3 at 29pts, he logs tons of minutes & besides having a terrible =/- his rookie and last season has been pretty consistently even. He is prob a 4/5 here but that's because the guys we have are good. In FLa he had 4 straight dominant seasons and was one of the better d-men in the league for all around play. Then he signed the big contract and went to CAL and well like most players who go there his play went to shit(sorry DASH). He's also one of the leagues best iron men playing every game for the past 6 seasons. He has the talent to be a 2/3 I believe but he really hasn't ever been part of a team like we have.

I'm not trying to convince people we should get him at all cost, but if we're unsure how MEZ and Timmo will be this season and he can be had for cheap while we have tons of cap space and only 2 years on his deal I don't see the down side. He's leaps and bounds better then Lilja, Gusty, MAB(who I love btw), Gervais, Syvret and Walker. In fact we may even be able to ship Walker & Shelly to CAL(or at least 1 of them) in the deal to lighten the cap hit some. As I said before it all comes down to his cost for a conditional 2nd and one or both of the above mentioned guys(or any of our other "depth d-men") I'd do it in a second because I think it helps shore up our back-end this year and doesn't force management to feel like they need to make a huge splash at the deadline to win a cup.

I would like to see the Flyers be patient this year and build through next years FA unless they can get Ryan for a reasonable price(I think Weber will cost way too much and without a long-term deal in place it make no sense). Making a depth trade like this would make us a better team(again for the right price) regardless of the cap hit we get back because so much get's freed up next year plus the cap raise.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

he cant be had cheap.. he's not even a good deal if the flyers got him for free.. 6.5 is not a good cap hit.. if it was only 1 year left, sure, why the hell not.. i'm all for pissing away cap space this season because it looks like the flyers are done making big splashes and they have 8 mil in cap space.. it goes to waste if you dont use it :). but it isn't just for this year.

edit: actually i take that back. i forgot voracek still has to be resigned. a free acquisition of jaybo wouldn't leave enough room for jake. so i'm out even if he took 0 assets to acquire and it was only 1 year.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to compare carle who played with pronger and jaybo who played with??? Plus the flyers have been a little better than the flamers. All I know is that he's more physical than carle and even if all else is even that's a bonus. Plus its only 2 years carle wanted long term. I wasn't asking jbow to play 6th spot just saying that shows how much better the d would be next year. Either way the trade would have to be minimal to work but man that d would be sick and deep.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to compare carle who played with pronger and jaybo who played with??? Plus the flyers have been a little better than the flamers. All I know is that he's more physical than carle and even if all else is even that's a bonus. Plus its only 2 years carle wanted long term. I wasn't asking jbow to play 6th spot just saying that shows how much better the d would be next year. Either way the trade would have to be minimal to work but man that d would be sick and deep.

mark giordano is not a slouch. giordano is the better half of that pairing.

i'll give you the flyers are better than the flames.. but with jaybo's size and the presumed amount of time the flames spent in their own zone, little matt carle blocked more shots then him by a wide margin? i sincerely hope you dont think jaybo's 14 more hits last year makes him with 1 million more than carle..

ya the D would be deep, but it better be deep if they're going to spend 30 mil on it. it would've been just as deep if they signed carle, and it would've been a little cheaper.

carle playing on a better team doesn't make up for the fact that carle wipes the floor with jaybo in every stat except hits, which jaybo has him on, but not by a big margin considering jaybo is 6'4 and matt carle is barely 6 feet

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flamers can take Shelley back!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya giordano isn't bad but the team blows. Either way I'm cool if they sit tight and grab a decent vet at the deadline. This way they know what they have with the young guys. Maybe one of them will be more than steady. That would allow them to go after another fwd.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya giordano isn't bad but the team blows. Either way I'm cool if they sit tight and grab a decent vet at the deadline. This way they know what they have with the young guys. Maybe one of them will be more than steady. That would allow them to go after another fwd.

that's good enough for me.. if i can get everyone who says "lets get jaybo" to say something like that, i'm satisfied. :)

plus, i cant have the flyers acquire him and have him pan out.. i've been bashing the guy for 5 years. that would destroy my reputation :p

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can probably agree that he's an improvement on our 6th dman. But 6.5 Big ones to improve your 6th dman isn't wise.

And I do have aspirations of weber next summer :)

(enstrom is also a way better option than Jaybo, I'd 'settle' for
him if weber doesn't sign here)

totally agree.Way too much money.

if I were Homer I'd inquire about Yandle.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fyi-Yandle has 4 years @ 5.25 mil each year.well worth it IMO

Yandle would take one of Schenn, Cooter, Read or vorachek plus picks and prospects. That's why I don't see us trading for any big name player other then Ryan. The prices most of the GM's are asking are ludicrous right now.

Also Awaz comparing 1 season of 2 players isn't a large enough sample size imo. Aslo we will have $12m+ in cap space once the season starts and Pronger goes on LTIR(unless he's magically being repaired in Ed Snider's basement now) so money isn't an issue. If Pronger does come back even at 85% and plays 3rd pair we're a better team, just take the fucking "C" away from him cause if he's hurt and not on the ice he isn't leading shit from the press box or his house.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yandle would take one of Schenn, Cooter, Read or vorachek plus picks and prospects. That's why I don't see us trading for any big name player other then Ryan. The prices most of the GM's are asking are ludicrous right now.

Also Awaz comparing 1 season of 2 players isn't a large enough sample size imo. Aslo we will have $12m+ in cap space once the season starts and Pronger goes on LTIR(unless he's magically being repaired in Ed Snider's basement now) so money isn't an issue. If Pronger does come back even at 85% and plays 3rd pair we're a better team, just take the fucking "C" away from him cause if he's hurt and not on the ice he isn't leading shit from the press box or his house.

money isn't an issue right now.. but if you want cash to play w/ next year, and more importantly, the year after (giroux, bschenn, couturier), you cant have contracts like jaybo's

also, i compared 3 seasons of their play :)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
money isn't an issue right now.. but if you want cash to play w/ next year, and more importantly, the year after (giroux, bschenn, couturier), you cant have contracts like jaybo's

also, i compared 3 seasons of their play :)

Ya tough call as I want to see them win a cup this season!!!!!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you think the Flyers are going to get Ryan without giving up one of Couturier or Brayden Schenn in the deal?