• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we lose out on WEBER, Suter, Parise & Carle??

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Briere-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-XXX
Wellwood-Talbot-XXX

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Briere-Simmonds
Schenn-Couturier-XXX
Wellwood-Talbot-XXX

Why the hell does everyone keep putting Briere in Schenn's spot? Schenn is by far the better C of the 2. Briere needs to move his ass to W and figure out how the fuck to play it or they need to trade him. The general principal is to have your most defensively responsible F's playing C cause they are most frequently the ones who help out with defensive coverages. However if they do choose to move Schenn o W expect it to be to the right on G's line, he's way too talented to be buried on the 3rd.

Also 4706 you're 2nd line is too undersized with Briere and Read and they don't have a puck carrier/possession guy on the line(G, Vorachek)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schenn is a better winger than center IMO. He's a great fore checker and that's usually a wingers job. I think he'll get a crack at 'replacing' jagr

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything about the Flyers possibly signing Bruno Gervais? Somebody on the Isles fansite is saying he's Carle's replacement.

I hope for all of you this DOES NOT happen.

meszaros will be carle's de facto replacement.. word out there is that gervais is going to be signed though.. i guess to compete with bourdon, gust, and lilja for the 6/7 spot?

he's a righty, he'll be the first righty on the back end for the flyers in like 10 years

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell does everyone keep putting Briere in Schenn's spot? Schenn is by far the better C of the 2. Briere needs to move his ass to W and figure out how the fuck to play it or they need to trade him. The general principal is to have your most defensively responsible F's playing C cause they are most frequently the ones who help out with defensive coverages. However if they do choose to move Schenn o W expect it to be to the right on G's line, he's way too talented to be buried on the 3rd.

Also 4706 you're 2nd line is too undersized with Briere and Read and they don't have a puck carrier/possession guy on the line(G, Vorachek)

also hate briere all you want, you're entitled to it (and pre-april 10th its completely legitimate).. but he's been the 2nd line center for 6 years.. he'll probably be that again this year

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit, those lines were for more or less showing our holes.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit, those lines were for more or less showing our holes.

Fair enough, I actually forgot about this thread with how busy I've been on been replying to active stuff.

On a side note Ek is reporting JayBo to Philly again. :deadhorse:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I actually forgot about this thread with how busy I've been on been replying to active stuff.

On a side note Ek is reporting JayBo to Philly again. :deadhorse:

thank god.. the lack of word was making me think the flyers might actually have interest

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what JayBo would cost. Would try him for very little

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what JayBo would cost. Would try him for very little

I'm hearing that he could be had for a pretty low cost whatever that means these days. The flamers just want to unload salary after signing wideman. Would he be better than carle....yes of course so to be honest I wouldn't have a huge problem with him except his salary is pretty large. At least he wouldn't be pushed around and can make all the passes..better skater too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i couldn't be more against acquiring jaybo.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i couldn't be more against acquiring jaybo.

I don't love the guy either but if they can get him for a draft pick and not lose anything substantial why not? He's a huge improvement over our 6th dman. Better than carle as well. Unless your thinking weber down the road it may not be a bad move.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a 2/3rd or a mid grade prospect. More then likely it would be a conditional 2nd. I would give him a shot the guy is solid playing on a very bad team, he eats up minutes and would be paired with a good player here, yes his contract sucks ass but it's not like we can't fit it now. Hell maybe we could send some of the newely signed extra d-men we have back to CAL or Lilja at the very least.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i will reiterate that Awaz is highly opposed to anything that has to do with JayBo, he must have seen this guy much more than me, cause he has been on the hate juice long before the terrible contract ha.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will reiterate that Awaz is highly opposed to anything that has to do with JayBo, he must have seen this guy much more than me, cause he has been on the hate juice long before the terrible contract ha.

It's a huge contract for a guy who hasn't panned out to be dominant. He would play with better partners here then in CAL tho, not saying CAL has bad d-men but ours are just better. He'd also strictly defined system which I think he would benefit from since from everything I've seen CAL changes their play style almost monthly.

It would definitely be a gamble, but if the price to acquire him is low and we have the cap space to do so I think it's one we shoudl make instead of throwing similar money at Semin for 1 year and having G carry him to career highs while not doing much in the defensive zone to help us and basically being the second coming of Zherdev.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have more later but I'm on my phone. Basically I think Jaybo is the Kevin Kolb of the NHL. Talked up like a superstar for years without actually doing anything, then he got a massive contract (or trade return) and continued to show he wasn't anything special.

Aside from he plays a lot of minutes, what else can you say about the guy?

And just cause he plays a lot of minutes doesn't mean he's good. Gimme a little while and I could get into good enough shape to play 30 minutes a night too, does that make me qualified to make 6.5 mil as a pro athlete?

(shut up, I know it would take a long time to get in to shape. Don't be mean. )

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Jaybo as at best, the 5th best dman on the flyers. Mesz, coburn, grossmann, and timo are all better than him. Why pay 6.5 mil for a 3rd pairing guy?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love the guy either but if they can get him for a draft pick and not lose anything substantial why not? He's a huge improvement over our 6th dman. Better than carle as well. Unless your thinking weber down the road it may not be a bad move.

I can probably agree that he's an improvement on our 6th dman. But 6.5 Big ones to improve your 6th dman isn't wise.

And I do have aspirations of weber next summer :)

(enstrom is also a way better option than Jaybo, I'd 'settle' for
him if weber doesn't sign here)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like Jaybo.