• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I need a game to play god damn it!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, sometimes folks like more of the same and sometimes not... All good. :)
Was bored and dug out Walking Dead Season two the past couple of nights. The first 2 episodes stunk to high heaven but the 3rd episode was actually really good. On par with the ones from the first game which really caught me off guard. I feel like I owe it to myself to finish it off now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Tomb Raider game is amazing.

Running it maxed out with a GTX970, Skylake 6700k CPU. Still drops in FPS at times, but the game is absolutely gorgeous and plays really well. First Tomb Raider game since the original I've enjoyed this much.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a RPG way more than a shooter. And I forgot the latest Dragon Age installment, which didn't quite stack up to Witcher, but was real solid.

I think you're mostly joking, but wouldn't Geralt's crossbow make Witcher a shooter too? :)

Started over with DA Inq. I'll finish it this time. Didn't really have a good handle on where I left off, which is why I started over... I seriously must have been have in the bag for the opening my first go around. Didn't understand WTF was going on, but this time around I get it... Makes quite a difference. ;)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the only ones I see that really pique my interest are No Man's Sky, Mass Effect 4 and maybe Mafia 3...
The Division looks good -- so long as they make it more deep than Destiny. That's really my worry at this point. It could be a fantastic game - or - it could be like Destiny; fun for a little while and then just out of content.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a couple weekends ago the Xbox store had Battlefield Hardline Premium on sale down from $89 to $29. I bought that and I'm pretty happy with it. No, it's no where near BF4 but for $30 it's been good. Honestly, it's still 10x the game Black Ops III and Battlefront are. I bought both of those and their content lasted about hours. There's just no different types of gameplay. COD was a little better because it has a decent single player and the Zombie modes but ultimately I end up just playing S&D and it gets old quick. All the maps are too similar and they're all smaller than I'd like. While BF Hardline is missing a lot of the weapons and vehicles that made BF4 so fun, it's still much better gameplay and you can still choose the kind of gameplay, within a game, the fits your style at that moment.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings Quest series
Alien
Mad Max Fury Road
Elder Scrolls
Madden 16

All sweet

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Division looks good -- so long as they make it more deep than Destiny. That's really my worry at this point. It could be a fantastic game - or - it could be like Destiny; fun for a little while and then just out of content.
Thats my worry with the Division. Its going to be a gritty Destiny with less imagination, less content and lame weapons.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats my worry with the Division. Its going to be a gritty Destiny with less imagination, less content and lame weapons.
Yeah. I really want someone to create a game like Destiny, or even like The Division, but put in the amount of content as like a World of Warcraft. I was like a billion weapon choices along with a billion armor/clothing options in a world with a billion quests and missions. I want to have a character that I actually want to grind and upgrade.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I really want someone to create a game like Destiny, or even like The Division, but put in the amount of content as like a World of Warcraft. I was like a billion weapon choices along with a billion armor/clothing options in a world with a billion quests and missions. I want to have a character that I actually want to grind and upgrade.
*"would like" - not "was like". But noticed after edit period was gone.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that we simply aren't there yet with online gaming and price points. Online killed Twisted Metal quicker than shit last gen and I loved that series. Its going to take a miracle to get Street Fighter V up and running. The Division is going to get big hype but Im not sure its going to be worth it. Its just a generic FPS with a couple of gimmicks imo.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that we simply aren't there yet with online gaming and price points. Online killed Twisted Metal quicker than shit last gen and I loved that series. Its going to take a miracle to get Street Fighter V up and running. The Division is going to get big hype but Im not sure its going to be worth it. Its just a generic FPS with a couple of gimmicks imo.
It feels lately like games are being rushed through development just to get out faster than their competitors or to keep up a one game a year pace. It's unfortunate because you end up with games like Battlefront that look and feel absolutely amazing, but fail to provide a decent game. If a developer actually took time to develop a perfect game, they could end up winning in the long run because they could just release DLC's that customers pay for, for the next 10+ years (like WoW did and still is -- like what, 12-15 years later?).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels lately like games are being rushed through development just to get out faster than their competitors or to keep up a one game a year pace. It's unfortunate because you end up with games like Battlefront that look and feel absolutely amazing, but fail to provide a decent game. If a developer actually took time to develop a perfect game, they could end up winning in the long run because they could just release DLC's that customers pay for, for the next 10+ years (like WoW did and still is -- like what, 12-15 years later?).
WoW has been dead to me for a few years but I do agree that things are getting rushed. Gaming simply costs too much right now and game companies are pushing out bad products to get cash flow. Destiny was pretty clearly pushed out too soon as was its first expansion. The Taken King was the first time where Destiny felt like it was living up to its promise. Street Fighter 5 is a $60 multiplayer only game with day 1 server issues. The problem with this is that game development gets more and more expensive and we still think $60 is a ton of cash for a game. I'm sure the smart thing with that is going to be to wait 6 months and buy it on a flash sale but it certainly puts big doubts into what is being touted as an 8 year game.

This has been a really frustrating gen of games. A couple of steps forward and a lot of waiting on hype that never delivers. 90% of the games are indie titles with 16bit graphics.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WoW has been dead to me for a few years but I do agree that things are getting rushed. Gaming simply costs too much right now and game companies are pushing out bad products to get cash flow. Destiny was pretty clearly pushed out too soon as was its first expansion. The Taken King was the first time where Destiny felt like it was living up to its promise. Street Fighter 5 is a $60 multiplayer only game with day 1 server issues. The problem with this is that game development gets more and more expensive and we still think $60 is a ton of cash for a game. I'm sure the smart thing with that is going to be to wait 6 months and buy it on a flash sale but it certainly puts big doubts into what is being touted as an 8 year game.

This has been a really frustrating gen of games. A couple of steps forward and a lot of waiting on hype that never delivers. 90% of the games are indie titles with 16bit graphics.
Yeah, I haven't played WoW in a while - but mostly because I got out of PC gaming after college and I had to use my money for other, more important, things like...food...lol.

I'm fine with paying more for games that are actually good.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a couple weekends ago the Xbox store had Battlefield Hardline Premium on sale down from $89 to $29. I bought that and I'm pretty happy with it. No, it's no where near BF4 but for $30 it's been good. Honestly, it's still 10x the game Black Ops III and Battlefront are. I bought both of those and their content lasted about hours. There's just no different types of gameplay. COD was a little better because it has a decent single player and the Zombie modes but ultimately I end up just playing S&D and it gets old quick. All the maps are too similar and they're all smaller than I'd like. While BF Hardline is missing a lot of the weapons and vehicles that made BF4 so fun, it's still much better gameplay and you can still choose the kind of gameplay, within a game, the fits your style at that moment.

I tried playing BF4 lately and there were like 15 active games available. Been a long times since BF2 which was IMO the pinnacle of the Battlefield franchise. Flying the Blackhawk 2 feet off the water in Wake with a full cargo to avoid incoming attacks and actually breach the island. Best ever.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried playing BF4 lately and there were like 15 active games available. Been a long times since BF2 which was IMO the pinnacle of the Battlefield franchise. Flying the Blackhawk 2 feet off the water in Wake with a full cargo to avoid incoming attacks and actually breach the island. Best ever.
I still think BF 1942 was the best. Most of the classic maps in the BF franchise come from the original. BF 2 was good but I just don't have the same memories of it that I do if 1942. I would wager if you tried playing 1942 right now there would be a bunch of active servers and wouldn't find the same thing if you popped in BF2.

BF4 on Xbox one is still very active (and that might be because there's a more limited game market on consoles). There's usually tons of open servers when I've logged in recently.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think BF 1942 was the best. Most of the classic maps in the BF franchise come from the original. BF 2 was good but I just don't have the same memories of it that I do if 1942. I would wager if you tried playing 1942 right now there would be a bunch of active servers and wouldn't find the same thing if you popped in BF2.

BF4 on Xbox one is still very active (and that might be because there's a more limited game market on consoles). There's usually tons of open servers when I've logged in recently.

I heard that about 1942, that was the one I never did (was a little late to the game). I was PC version all the way, so that could be why I don't have as many games available. I BF2'd religiously in college. My cousin was up for Sergeant Major of the Corp (I think it was given to just one player who had the best month of all players). But the guy that had the rank wouldn't level up so it was never awarded to him.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that about 1942, that was the one I never did (was a little late to the game). I was PC version all the way, so that could be why I don't have as many games available. I BF2'd religiously in college. My cousin was up for Sergeant Major of the Corp (I think it was given to just one player who had the best month of all players). But the guy that had the rank wouldn't level up so it was never awarded to him.
BF 1942 was just amazing. The maps were just huge. Like, if you jumped out of a plane in the middle of no where you contemplated suicide on your character just so you didn't have to walk back - huge. It was also one of the first games that gave you class choices and there was distinct advantages/disadvantages to each, something newer games have slowly been drifting away from. You picked the Engineer to fix vehicles? (which was a huge perk since they didn't heal back then) - well - here's your single shot, no scoped, bolt action rifle. Good luck lol. I just loved that game. And because it was WWII they were prop planes so the air battles were little slower and much more manageable. And something that has not been replicated since -- naval battles. They actually had maps where you'd get pretty much an entire fleet of ships that could all be sunk and taken out of the game -- including an aircraft carrier. And capture points in the water. It was just the best. I'm not quite sure why they've hesitated to add boats in the new versions

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both free games on Playstation Plus are good. Broforce is a little buggy but surprisingly fun. Galak Z is fairly stylish and surprisingly methodical.

Seriously, check out Broforce

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both free games on Playstation Plus are good. Broforce is a little buggy but surprisingly fun. Galak Z is fairly stylish and surprisingly methodical.

Seriously, check out Broforce

Donkey Kong meets Contra?