• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Bradford doesn't get on the internet that much

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna argue Luck is better than Bradford, I just think the perception of the difference is greater than the difference itself.

See that is some good shit right there. lol That's what Bradford needs. Luck is good and Bradford came in and got his ass kicked. But Sam needs to BO up and kick some ass. I hope he does. I would like to see the GSOT squared. I think Fisher's got something going with so many young guys.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was the type of player that wouldn't come out and kill you with steals right away. He'd pester you so much though that eventually you'd start making mistakes and he'd step in and take advantage of you losing your mental sharpness. He's one of my favorites to watch in classic games along with Larry Legend and Kareem.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of LeBron, I've got the Pacers in this series.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the pacers +7.5 tonight. Pippen was sneaky and played long on D. Make sure you get to 4:15 on that vid.

Lebron is good. But he's not as engaged as the Bulls were. Like I said, Lebron would have had his hands full with Pippen.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight SJ76 and Blue. This is the year Sammie has to put on his brass balls and buck up to the bar. No more freaking excuses.

Very good banter from SJ76, MUtigers, Ramcub, and Blue. MUTigers and Ramcub, when SJ76 gets wound up, he can bring it and I am impressed how the both of you (MUTigers and Ramcub) countered. That is the kind of brisk critical thinking that is the substance of this board. Keep it up.

MU and Ramcub, I want Sammie to kick some butt this year because if wilts like has done the last three years, I guarantee you Snead and Jeff will start looking for his replacement. Contract year coming up and all, it is now put up or you are going to be replaced.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, I had Pacers +7.5 also. I really only care about basketball for the spreads. It's by far my least favorite sport of the big 4 American sports(football, baseball, hockey).

Retro, banter is fun I this thread has been a blast. Everyone's friends here and that's why its great.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh...as much as I want the Pacers to win, I have a feeling they will fall in 6 games. The heat will face the Spurs for it all. Duncan vs Lebron II

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro - You said it! Our posters rock and that's why we went out to recruit our missing refugees from SeeBS. We won't leave any of our fellow Ram posters behind.

Junkie backed up my "Bottom Line On Bradford" post in the middle of this thread after I added to his argument regarding Luck/Bradford with MU. Junkie's got our back and other species as well!!!

Blue and Junkie also have a great sense of humor and I find we share a lot of the same positions.

MU - Thanks for the banter and your loyalty to your position. Not to belabor the point but I want to belabor the point one last time!

Montana to Clark - NFC Championship Game - The Catch - Montana was masterful at extending that play by maneuvering to the right patiently, pump faking a couple of times, and keeping his eyes downfield on the portion of the field where he could only make a throw and waited for the opportunity to become visible to him (which was Clark coming into his view).

Junkie was right on about Luck extending plays also as I remember watching the last seconds of the Colts/Lions game where Luck scrambled in the pocket for a few seconds, scanned the progressions which were covered in his field of view, then decided to make a run for it, and then saw Avery before he crossed the line of scrimmaged and hit him with the winning touchdown throw. That was one of my favorite plays of the year because Avery finally had a little redemption for all the hard work coming back from his injuries.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RamCub, that was actually the play that came to mind when I thought about Luck's legs. I still say Ben's unwillingness to let a play die is his fatal flaw.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana to Clark - NFC Championship Game - The Catch - Montana was masterful at extending that play by maneuvering to the right patiently, pump faking a couple of times, and keeping his eyes downfield on the portion of the field where he could only make a throw and waited for the opportunity to become visible to him (which was Clark coming into his view).
Bradford can do this however only the best of the best could do it with the line that Sam had the first two years (I'll add the start of last year too) When your running for your life on every passing play it's just not the same as running for your life on a few select plays in a game that can extend the play. Getting your head bashed in play after play, even from the shotgun has to be considered here, it's a completely different mind frame.

Junkie was right on about Luck extending plays also as I remember watching the last seconds of the Colts/Lions game where Luck scrambled in the pocket for a few seconds, scanned the progressions which were covered in his field of view, then decided to make a run for it, and then saw Avery before he crossed the line of scrimmaged and hit him with the winning touchdown throw. That was one of my favorite plays of the year because Avery finally had a little redemption for all the hard work coming back from his injuries.

As a fan of a team in the PAC12 I've watched Luck probably more than most, this dude is more mobile that most even know. It's not that he can't do some of the same things that Colin, Robert, Cam and Russell do but that he doesn't have to. He has great vision down field and he is very smart.

My problems with the comparisons that Junkie has laid out very well is more about depth rather than position by position. Even as of last year, the Colts 53 man > than the Rams 53 man. End of comparison.

RamCub, that was actually the play that came to mind when I thought about Luck's legs. I still say Ben's unwillingness to let a play die is his fatal flaw.

I have to agree with MuTigers here. I always liked big ben, thought he was a great talent from the get go, however MuTigers analysis is spot on. Ben will not only extend plays, he will OVER-Exend plays and that's the problem because it does cause turnovers at times and increases risk of injury. By the way I see Mike Vick in the same way. Just watch Vick come to life this season under Kelly. It wont be because of the running but more because of the tempo. I really think Vick gets it and will do well under the high tempo and avoid injury as a result.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problems with the comparisons that Junkie has laid out very well is more about depth rather than position by position. Even as of last year, the Colts 53 man > than the Rams 53 man. End of comparison.

Hey Jack!

Go look at the rosters last year and tell me the Colts offense was deep.. And look at the defense and tell me they were loaded or better on the Colts.

There's no way. I laid the entire roster out on some thread. Can't keep these straight.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see, the Rams have improved the O Line, Secondary, WR corps, OLB in the offseason... I think honestly that the Colts will take a step backwards this year (8-9 wins) where the Rams take a step or 2 forward (9-10 wins)

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU I could see the Colts having a losing record. Last year they had a pretty soft schedule, I haven't looked at this years but I doubt its as soft.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see, the Rams have improved the O Line, Secondary, WR corps, OLB in the offseason... I think honestly that the Colts will take a step backwards this year (8-9 wins) where the Rams take a step or 2 forward (9-10 wins)

Call it the Pagano effect but I believe that the Colts completely overachieved last season and actually did their franchise a bit of a disservice with regards to their draft position. Last year's Colts are no where near the talent level that their record may indicate. The Rams, on the other hand, seem to be stockpiling talent like the early 90's Cowboys after the Hershell Walker trade. The RGIII trade was a stroke of genius...assuming that Bradford lives up to the hype.

Just my $0.02...

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even worried about Bradford - he has never had a good offensive line and receiving core to be successful in this league.

This year will be different. I think this is a "no excuses" for Bradford type of year. Fisher and Snead have done an excellent job improving the receiving core and the oline.