• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Bradford doesn't get on the internet that much

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford's contract is heavily back-loaded for cap purposes. He has already been paid $10.785M that hasn't yet been accounted for under the cap. For cap purposes it's due to be equally spread over the next 3 seasons in addition to his salaries in those years.

Essentially this is the situation: Bradford has a guaranteed contract for $9M in 2013. After that he isn't guaranteed anything. The Rams have an option on him for $15K over $14M in 2014 and $15K under $13M in 2015. They can keep him on those terms or release him at any time after the 2013 season without penalty. If they were to cut him after 3 games of the 2014 season he would be paid 3/16 of his $14.015M salary. This is not realistic of course. It's just helps to demonstrate the situation. The Rams can offer Bradford less than $14.015M next year but he's under no obligation to accept, (similar to Palmer, Flynn, & Fitzpatrick). There's not much point trying to renegotiate at this stage.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few things Im worried about with next season but Bradford really isnt one of them

That's funny because Bradford is main concern for this season. O-line has been uprgraded and so has the WR core.

But the excuses will continue to fly if Sam does not pick it up. All should be to blame for the past few seasons. Sam should not get a pass on anything and if I hear it again this year, I may lose it.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, he'll be working with a new O-line and they may take a little while to come together. He will be working with new receivers. A bunch of 1st and 2nd years WRs who aren't developed and have no chemistry with him. He should improve on last years numbers but don't expect 4500 yards.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junkie, mutigers has a good point about new receivers and all but I will not give him a pass on it. Sam had better find that next gear this season, the work with his new mates should start in Oklahoma or where ever prior to the preseason. If he wants to get it done finally, he doesn't have an excuse now. OK injuries happen but they happen to all teams and now in his 4th season, is it not about time we see the Rams QB of the future? I believe Sam Bradford will have a good season in 2013, whether it gets the Rams to the playoffs, I don't know but he has to build on 7-8-1 and start to look like the QB drafted #1.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck had a shitty O-line last year and who besides 34 year old Reggie Wayne? He didn't have SJAX. Who did RG3 have last year besides a ROOKIE RB and some decent WR's - some of which were rookies. Cam is his rookie year? Russell flipping Wilson?

Sam needs to lead by example and help the rookies. I'm done with excuses. Put up or sit down!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson and RG3 will not have great long term careers and I'll bet just about anything on that. Wilson had an elite defense and run game, RG3 had a gimmick offense that mature defenses snuffed out but killed immature ones(all in his division). As far as a developing QB goes its better to have a 34-year old WR to learn from than a 22-year old WR to teach. I expect Sam to improve but not be elite. I say 4250 yards and 2.5-to-1 TD/INT ratio is my expectation.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Wilson and RG3 only threw the ball 393 times last year, Sam threw it 551. He's been trusted to throw the ball much more than those other guys. I think Sammie is being portrayed as worse than he performed last year. He out performed those rookie QB's in my estimation but wasn't talked about because he's not a new topic.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go on a limb and say that I disagree about Russell Wilson having a short career. I may be an NC State homer but I watched the kid play and he has game. He can make plays with his arm and extend them with his feet; Russell is not the run first type QB you think he is..Hell I'd take him over Fitzpatrick or dirty Sanchez..hell even that dolphin QB who beat the rams. RG3 on the other hand..the way he plays won't have him in the league for a long time. I believe if Drew Brees can get by at 5'll 3/4 then so can Russell, baring if he steps his game up this year.

Sorry had to put that out there about Russell..

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys. I am leaning towards SJ76's suggestion. No more excuses. This guy was the number one overall pick and it is time for him to take the next gear as Blue and SJ so eloquently and forthwrightly stated. Again, no more excuses for Sammie.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine, obviously my opinion on RG3 is health related, but the opinion on Wilson isn't really. I liked him a lot in college and still do, I think his coach will be his downfall. Everywhere Pete Carroll goes trouble follows. The USC happenings are well documented. The players he's coached in the NFL that have been suspended for violating the NFL drug policy seems higher than in other places. I always thought it wasn't coincidence that lots of 'roiders played under managers such as TLR and I don't think its a coincidence that lots of these things are popping up on his squad. I think he'll have a hard time holding everything together in Seattle and something will bite the team in the butt at some point. In 7 years I don't think we're talking about Russell Wilson but that doesn't have much to do with Russell Wilson.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right on MUTigers. Carroll is a bona fide snake and krap always happens sooner rather than later when that dude parks his road show for any length of time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson and RG3 will not have great long term careers and I'll bet just about anything on that. Wilson had an elite defense and run game, RG3 had a gimmick offense that mature defenses snuffed out but killed immature ones(all in his division).

I don't think you can say any QB will have a long term career in the NFL right now, with the DE's, LB's, and safeties flying around corners looking to unleash.

You can say that about any QB in the NFL and if anyone has taken shots, it's Bradford. Wilson, Newton, and RG3 have already acheived a pretty high level of success and are looking to build on that. Were their O-lines great? Sam is just trying to establish some success and my biggest issue with Sam has always been consistency. If he looks good versus the difficult teams, why so bad versus the Jets, Vikings, etc last year? That to me is on him and his focus. The team needs him to be consistent and btw Sam had a pretty good defense last year too. Janoris Jenkins helped out the offense a few times last year.

I will never be able to understand why Sam continues to get a pass while these other young QB's come in and rip it up. And don't show me stats.. Over a year, it doesn't break down game by game analysis. I want to see W's. I don't care if my QB throws it 25 times or 50 times.

:hdn: lmao i love this!!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line on Bradford:

1) This is his come to "Jesus" year.

2) Luck had a rookie WR in Hilton, a rookie TE in Allen (from Clemson; Fleener injured most of year), a castoff in Avery (who hadn't played in a year), and Vic Ballard at RB! Playoffs!!!

3) Sammy needs to work on his pocket awareness! He wasn't able to develop this skill at Oklahoma with the spread offense. Roethlesberger and Brees do this very well. Brady and the Mannings are the least mobile of them all but are able to maximize their time in the pocket.

4) I think all the ingredients are in place and Sam Bradford will have an excellent season!

Let the games begin!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:amen:

:hdn:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem the Rams have faced, since the Bulger years, was a terrible offensive line and no weapons for the QB to use. Well, that has changed this off season. Bradford now has a better offensive line and new weapons to use on offense. While our running back of the future for the Rams is still in question, Bradford will be able to make due now with better WRs and a better offensive line.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that since jackson is gone bradford has a chance to step up and become the voice of the team.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, I agree! I know we all want to see Bradford become more of a vocal leader.

I remember Steven Jackson calling on Brian Quick to get into his playbook and contribute in his rookie year. He called out Quick early in training camp. It didn't happen, but SJ put Quick on notice and that's what this team needs.

When it comes from the guys you do battle with, it means a lot more.