• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Bradford doesn't get on the internet that much

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We added 2 top pick WRs in the Draft, a big-money FA hybrid receiver, and a big-money FA LT. We lost a franchise RB. I'll be very surprised if Bradford doesn't get a few more pass attempts per game. If he ends the year with 600 attempts he'd damn well better get 4000+ yards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, LOLOLOL!!! You are killing me with that screwing the sheep emoticon!!!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hdn:

BAAAAAAAH BAAAAAAAH

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) Sammy needs to work on his pocket awareness! He wasn't able to develop this skill at Oklahoma with the spread offense. Roethlesberger and Brees do this very well. Brady and the Mannings are the least mobile of them all but are able to maximize their time in the pocket.

Lots of good points made but I still think W's and L's isn't an end all be all stat on a QB. I still think Luck had a better team around him that Sammie ever has, same with RG3 and Wilson. They all also had easier schedules than the Rams did last year. Watching each of them play many times I'm still taking Bradford over RG3 or Wilson.

RamCub, be careful asking your QB to keep plays alive like Big Ben. As a Steelers fan I can tell you it drives you crazy. There are 2 seasons I can look back and say that I think the Steelers make a SB run if he hadn't kept that 1 play alive in Cleveland. A lot of those plays won games but also cost them seasons when he went down.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy's offense and the Rams offense is practically identical. Not buying that BS.

The Rams had a better RB core and the WR's were identical, besides 34 year old Reggie Wayne. TE's identical.

Not much of a difference there. Divisions are different for sure, but Luck beat Green Bay and beat some good teams as well.

Rams defense was waaay better than Indy.

Sorry. :hdn:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Luck is a once in a career type QB for a coach or GM. I still think he had much better protection, better run blocking O-line, and more experience at WR(which can be more important than talent for a young QB).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon MU! MUCH better protection??

Running Backs
Wide Receivers
Tight Ends
Offensive Linemen

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 guy made these dillhole's better! 1 guy!

And that's what the great ones do.. They make EVERYONE around them better. Not make up excuses that their O-line is not that good or their weapons are not that good. QB's put the ball in the right spot. Period.

I am so tired of hearing this BS.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Amendola's and Wayne's number per game, they are almost exact. Givens, Gibson, Pettis, Quick over Hilton, Avery, and who?? Fleener can't run worth a shit and the RB's??!! Not even an argument.

Same with Kendricks and Dwayne Allen. #'s identical.

The difference... QB + Bone head throws = INT's at bad times. Not protection.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts had better run blocking?? Seriously?? :wtf2:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting fired up retro!! lol :hellno:

So let's just do a comparison shall we...

RB's?? Don't need to. Rams

WR's: I will give you a slight edge with Wayne over Amendola. Wayne can't really beat anyone deep anymore, but he's a good route runner and possession WR like Amendola. But you can have this one.

Givens vs. Hilton? I'll take Givens, but we can call it wash for your sake.

Now what? Avery vs. Gibson? Wash
Pettis? Quick did have a couple moments.

TE's are a Wash.

O-line? Total wash they both sucked.

So how do say the Luck had a better offense?

I think it's apples to apples and the writing is as clear as day. Not to mention, let's not forget Sam had a solid Defense behind that scored TD's as well!

The Colts D?? Sad. If the Rams D was sad last year, they go 4-12. Maybe worse and more people would be calling for Fisher/Bradford's head.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutigersifan - I'll respectfully disagree with your statement regarding not wanting Bradford to be like Big Ben and your concern about injury over maximizing pocket time to keep a play alive.

Big Ben and Kurt Warner displayed their competitiveness and grit by making the most of plays going south in a hurry. They maneuvered and kept LOOKING DOWNFIELD.

All I need to illustrate my point is Eli Manning's guts, determination, field awareness, and downfield vision on his pocket scramble in the Super Bowl against the Patriots when he didn't give up and completed that awesome pass to David Tyree.

Injuries happen on regular plays and can't be predicted to occur more often just because a QB moves around in the pocket. I'm not talking about running the ball like RG3, Kap, and Wilson!

Needed to get this in while Junkie is taking a breather!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mutigersifan - I'll respectfully disagree with your statement regarding not wanting Bradford to be like Big Ben and your concern about injury over maximizing pocket time to keep a play alive.

And I apologize in advance for any disrespect by Rick RUDE! None is meant for anyone, I can only handle so much.

Where is the Beavis/Cornholio pic?

:finger:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RamCub, Ben keeping plays alive is what makes him Big Ben, but he lives and dies by the sword. He's my favorite player in the NFL and it pains my to watch him get injured so often. I think the optimal style would be in the middle where you keep plays alive but know when to unload the ball and save your body.

SJ76, I quite enjoyed the rants and appreciate the enthusiasm. I'll try to keep up here:

WRs: you're right about Wayne, but Amendola doesn't do anything when he's not on the field. Wayne has 106 receptions to Danny's 63, thats a huge difference.

Givens vs Hilton: I think Hilton may be slightly higher than Givens for last year's purposes. Givens had 4 receptions in te first 5 games. He grew as the season progressed and I'll take Givens in a landslide over Hilton for the future.

Avery vs Gibson: I won't argue a wash.

The running numbers for the 2 teams were pretty comparable. Slight advantage for the Rams.

My protection point was purely based on never feeling like Luck was hopelessly under pressure when watching Colts games.

Also for the record, Bradford had a significantly higher completion% than Luck. He threw more TD's/attempt and fewer INT's/attempt. To me the difference between playoffs for the Colts and not for Rams is pretty much the competition now that I look into all these numbers.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
junkie went at the coffee early and he is right. Bradford has been given 3 seasons, OK we can make some excuses for him ie...WR, OC, O-line but it is 3 seasons. Now is time to step it up or hit the road. He needs to extend every play looking downfield to get the ball in the endzone. He is not Big Ben, no one in the league is, especially with someone drapped on his legs but Sam does have some quickness and experience that he needs to use now or off to Jacksonville, Arizona or Tennessee he can go and we will start all over in the draft next year.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you look at TY's TD's, those throws were right on the money on deep balls. Plus Givens and Hilton's numbers are scary close.

Not to mention the Rams actually had a deeper WR core than the Colts.

All I'm sayin is that the 2 offenses were extremely similar. Luck found ways to make guys around him better and that's what you do as a good QB and as a leader.

And yes Luck had to scramble and make plays many times. He's got some wheels for a white boy. :hockeysmile:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna argue Luck is better than Bradford, I just think the perception of the difference is greater than the difference itself.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...well other than the O-Line, RBs, WRs, & TEs...where's your evidence?