• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't like to put too much into pre-season...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they played pretty well in most areas. The thing that concerned me the most was their inability to run the ball (for the most part). There were a few nice runs by Royster and the new guy Morris looked pretty strong but the Bills D-Line was in the backfield too much (alot of no gains, very short gains). Most of this can be probably be attributed to their make shift O-Line. The Bills have a good Defense too so that doesn't help.

The Defense looked pretty damn good IMO. They were pressuring the QB (Kerrigan was in RF face alot), secondary actually played well too. I think if Jenkins' game comes along, Washington could have a formidable front 7.

RG3 albeit not spectacular, was totally cool. He showed some poise and got the ball out very quick with some velocity and made some nice throws. Garcon looked good too..some of the others (notably Morgan) not so much. My only critique of RG3 was that it looked to me (keep in mind I wear glasses and am not a film junkie) like he was staring down receivers on most of his throws and not really going through his progressions. Maybe it was just me..

All in all, good game. If we can get the OL figured out, I would feel alot better.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is going to be pretty good for you guys.

we played an ugly game last night.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are you moving to DC 46? I'll be going to at least the bengals/skins game. I've hit 2 or 3 games a season since I moved here

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October. Man, I love watching the Skins but hate Fed Ex. How do you like it?

I consider FedEx as part of the ass end of the bowl, multi sport stadiums (3 Rivers, Riverfront, etc). It's interesting they took out so many seats in the upper deck. I haven't seen the finished 'party decks' or whatever was supposed to end up going there, but if you can grab a standing seat there for $25 or $30 I think it could be a good time.

It would be awesome if they would knock down RFK and get the skins back in the District with a more up to date football specific stadium.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can just get good play from the o-line and secondary, this team could be a contender. But that's a big if. O-linemen keep gettin hurt.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for this team to take off this year and make a playoff run, but I don't see it happening. I've learned to temper my expectations of this team, since my life as a Redskins fan has been filled with disappointment. I think RGIII can be a great QB, but with this O-line I don't think it happens right away. We can't forget that his offense in college is very different from what he's running for the skins. I would be very happy this year with an 8-8 season. I am predicting a 6-10 season, though. Next year when we get most of our cap space back (FUCK you NFL), I'm hoping we fill the holes in free agency.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Lumbee. Outside of Williams (who has played and camped well) our existing OL is pretty much garbage. I hope the coaching staff plays some of the rookie guys alot the next few preseason games. From what I have read Gettis could start this year and LeRibeus could be a big contributor. Compton may be more of a project. The rookie Crawford looked good in the opening game and Merriweather and the secondary played OK. Want to see more. These are definitely the glaring holes on this team. Would like to see a later round draft pick work out for a change.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree that we're probably lookin at one more losing season, a lot of that has to do with the schedule though. Play the AFC North, NFC South and of course 6 tough games in the division. I will say the games will be much more exciting, I feel like the Skins have one of the best front 7's on D even with Neild tearing his ACL yesterday and I'm thrilled to not have to see any more Grossman arm punts into triple coverage.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 looked like a rookie the other night and neither the first team offense or defense played particularly well. I am still fairly concerned about the OLine and the Secondary. The Skins OLIne saw much more penetration than they did in the 1st game and didn't hold up to it very well. The Bears Dline was in RG3 face all the entire first half. There were blown assignments in the secondary and the CB's in particular didn't look great. Given, this was against two of the best players in the league at their respective positions (Peppers and Marshall) but they could have done a little bit better.

On a brighter note, I continue to be impressed with RB Alfred Morris (he had some stellar runs), Banks is still giving them reasons to keep him, Cousins may convince Shanny that Rex can and should be cut THIS year, and some other players had very decent games. I am glad Rak and Merriweather's (who is looking pretty physical IMO) injuries aren't too bad. We lived to fight another day.

Now hopefully the rookies can keep going in the right direction.

HAIL!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII looked pretty good tonight. Offensive line was iffy though. The defensive looked outstanding against that shitty Colts O.

And Rex went 8-8 for 127 and 2 touchdowns. QB Controversy!

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for this team to take off this year and make a playoff run, but I don't see it happening. I've learned to temper my expectations of this team, since my life as a Redskins fan has been filled with disappointment. I think RGIII can be a great QB, but with this O-line I don't think it happens right away. We can't forget that his offense in college is very different from what he's running for the skins. I would be very happy this year with an 8-8 season. I am predicting a 6-10 season, though. Next year when we get most of our cap space back (FUCK you NFL), I'm hoping we fill the holes in free agency.

Oh, we'll get to say fuck you to the NFL again next year, when they take the second half of the 36 million. Bastards.

For those that were talking about the stadium earlier, my take on it is "meh". Inside the stadium is fine. I've had seats all over the place, and the view from all of them is good. The biggest problem it has is that it hasn't had a winner playing there. People talk about RFK like it was the greatest stadium in the world, but it was really a dump. What was awesome about RFK was the team that was on the field. This isn't baseball...I don't need some architectural thing of beauty.

The biggest problem at FedEx, though, is the parking situation. The access is awful, so it can talk an hour to get in and 2 to get out. People love to blame Danny for things, but that falls fully on the shoulders of The Squire and his rush job to get the place finished before he died.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that Fedex is a pretty nice stadium. The parking does suck though.

A few thoughts from last nights game...

--We already knew this but, RG3 throws a pretty deep ball. He has a big arm. He overthrew 3 last night. If he can get the timing and accuracy down on the deep ball, this Offense will have big play capability.

--Alfred Morris has been a very nice surprise and with the injuries may be the starter Week 1. Hightower looked like he had some burst in his first game back. Royster and Helu have shown they can play too.

--We have a nice crop of receivers and (TEs), Garcon, Moss, Hank, Morgan
, and Davis will be the top targets. Briscoe and Austin should earn a roster spot. Banks is gone and Cooley :Cry: may be gone too :rip:

--If the secondary can continue to play well and the front seven can stay healthy, the defense has the chance to be very good. Will be rushing the QB alot and we have the guys to create some havoc.

--The Oline is still a work in progress and this part of the team has me worried more than anything.

Once again, I think a .500 season is a good and realistic goal for this season. I think we will end up with more like 5-7 wins.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have more cap penalties going into next season. How much depends on what our cap number looks like this year.

We have a great defense, but I think we are two years away. 7-9 this year. 10-6 and maybe eek into the playoffs next year. In 2014 we fill the rest of our holes through FA as we have no real draft, and have a real shot.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Kevin Barnes has been traded to Detroit, dont know what we got in return yet. That most likely means rookie Richard Crawford made the team.

Also, Gano beat out Rackers. I can't ever trust these FSU kickers, man.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more Cooley :pout:

Typical Skins move.

I've got quite a few friends that are Skins fans and now I'm laughing at them. Just as they were getting excited about the season, this team cuts beloved player Chris Cooley and signs Billy Cundiff.

I think management loves kicking you guys in the nuts

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Kevin Barnes has been traded to Detroit, dont know what we got in return yet. That most likely means rookie Richard Crawford made the team.

Also, Gano beat out Rackers. I can't ever trust these FSU kickers, man.

Crawford (like Morris) has also been a nice surprise in the pre-season. I think he is a lock to make the team and may be a future starter.

Typical Skins move.

I've got quite a few friends that are Skins fans and now I'm laughing at them. Just as they were getting excited about the season, this team cuts beloved player Chris Cooley and signs Billy Cundiff.

I think management loves kicking you guys in the nuts

Cooley may have been given the option to stick around if he took a major pay cut (I think he was counting like 5-6 million against the cap this year). Not sure if that conversation happened? He hasn't been nearly as productive and has battled injuries the last few years. Fred Davis is the #1 TE and Paul looks like he will be #2, both much better receiving options and this point in their careers. I hate to see him go but it is what it is..a business. I am glad everyone made the break on good terms. Shanny and Snyder knew he wasn't going to make it (after the last few games) so they went ahead and cut him to give him enough time for a shot at another opportunity (with another team).His little interview/speech he made was pretty cool. He will forever be a part of Redskins lore.

As far as Cundiff goes?? Anyone is better than Gano.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickers are kickers are kickers are kickers.

As for Cooley, it does kind of suck. But I am glad that we appear to be operating as a normal NFL franchise finally. Players get cut. Almost all of them, no matter how good they were. I loved Chris Cooley, but what did they ever win with him? Nothing. I'm not saying that's his fault, but let's not pretend that if they keep him he will help push them over the top. You don't pay a third string TE and backup fullback $3 million a year, especially when the NFL has raped you for $36 million in cap penalties.

He thinks he can still start in the league, so the Redskins agreed to let him go and try. I hope he does, but even if he does, the Redskins were still correct in doing this. He would not have been the best TE on this team. That's the bottom line.