• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did they pick Notre Dame and Oklahoma over OSU?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State received a big gift by NOT being included in the top 4. Either Clemson or Alabama would have embarrassed that team....again!. Now Ohio State gets to play a very mediocre team and will be able to salvage a bit of a very tarnished reputation.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State received a big gift by NOT being included in the top 4. Either Clemson or Alabama would have embarrassed that team....again!. Now Ohio State gets to play a very mediocre team and will be able to salvage a bit of a very tarnished reputation.

I thought the same way last year. Every year the B1G gets excluded from the CFP, they benefit as a whole in their bowl matchups. I mean, not totally, there was no way Purdue had a chance vs Auburn, but in general they get better matchups. Michigan should have been more competitive vs Florida.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State probably would have gotten smashed too. Far and few in in between where the actually played to their potential

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have to ask why tOSU did not get picked, you either do not understand college football or are new.
@Zooky struggles with intelligent thought. I'm just proud of him for creating a thread where he didn't just cut and paste a ridiculous article.

This is actually an improvement for him.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same way last year. Every year the B1G gets excluded from the CFP, they benefit as a whole in their bowl matchups. I mean, not totally, there was no way Purdue had a chance vs Auburn, but in general they get better matchups. Michigan should have been more competitive vs Florida.

Agreed; by being excluded from the top 4, each Big Ten team gets a lessor opponent. I also thought Michigan would be too much for Florida. There might be something going on between the Michigan players and Harbaugh. Yes, who picked Purdue to play Auburn; a team loaded with size and talent? Penn State should do well against Kentucky as Penn State is a much better football team now than at the beginning of the season. If the Penn State receivers stop dropping passes, they win by 10 or more.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the year and who is doing the choosing. That is the problem with today's system.

It isn't a playoff.

It's an Invitational. They can invite whomever they want and justify it however they want.

I thought it was pretty clear that Notre Dame wasn't one of the 4 best teams, but they were one of the 4 "most deserving", whatever that means.

That said, Ohio State did not have championship caliber defense this year. They eliminated themselves vs. Purdue (and it had nothing to do with Auburn).
Ohio State should have lost to Auburn then they would've been in. That is how it works.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed; by being excluded from the top 4, each Big Ten team gets a lessor opponent. I also thought Michigan would be too much for Florida. There might be something going on between the Michigan players and Harbaugh. Yes, who picked Purdue to play Auburn; a team loaded with size and talent? Penn State should do well against Kentucky as Penn State is a much better football team now than at the beginning of the season. If the Penn State receivers stop dropping passes, they win by 10 or more.
Last year, we played a lot of games against PAC12 teams, so there wasn’t a lesser opponent. The only time where there was a significant difference was Northwestern and Kentucky and that was because Michigan was selected above two teams they shouldn’t have.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, we played a lot of games against PAC12 teams, so there wasn’t a lesser opponent. The only time where there was a significant difference was Northwestern and Kentucky and that was because Michigan was selected above two teams they shouldn’t have.

come on now; Washington is a lessor opponent than Clemson or Alabama.....WAY lessor.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol- because OSU's Defense was so amazing themselves...

Clemson and Alabama are a lot better than the rest of the country.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well great offenses and mediocre defenses aren’t winning much either. See Oklahoma.
Oklahoma's defense doesn't even meet the "mediocre" criteria...with the exception of rushing defense.

#108 in total defense
#53 in rushing defense
#105 in passing defense efficiency

Tua's passing against OU was about what was done all year against them. Oklahoma just flat couldn't cover the pass this year. Their secondary looked a lot like Texas Tech's the past few years.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real question is how did they pick them over Georgia? The only reason that happened is because TV didn't want a Alabama/Georgia rematch that soon. Rating would have been lower, which means commercial revenue would have been lower. What I can't figure out is, I thought it was suppose to be about the best 4 teams. Looks to me that TV revenue still dictates.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma's defense doesn't even meet the "mediocre" criteria...with the exception of rushing defense.

#108 in total defense
#53 in rushing defense
#105 in passing defense efficiency

Tua's passing against OU was about what was done all year against them. Oklahoma just flat couldn't cover the pass this year. Their secondary looked a lot like Texas Tech's the past few years.

Holy SHEET, that is some seriously BAD D?! How the F did they get into the CFP???

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on now; Washington is a lessor opponent than Clemson or Alabama.....WAY lessor.
I thought we were talk in conference rankings. Yes they got weaker opponents. Carry on.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio state cold smashes Washington I will be expecting about 20 apologies here.
Nwait. I won’t be expecting them, but I might have a few things to say.