• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about another prospects list?

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Timmy's in a gas station here in Fargo. I will NOT be frequenting it.

One of the few redeemable qualities of Maine is there is Timmy's there. Maine has it good with both Timmys and Dunkin.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird, all this talk of coffee in the prospects thread.

Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Timmy's here. We also have Dunkin, Caribou and Starbucks.

But I do not like coffee.

But I LOVE Timmy's old fashioned dip donuts.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have pretty good burgers.

We could use some better pizza joints, though.

God is this ever the truth. I know I'm a little spoiled by living in NYC for so long but I was always surprised that a city with good food and restaurants in general doesn't have better pizza options.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God is this ever the truth. I know I'm a little spoiled by living in NYC for so long but I was always surprised that a city with good food and restaurants in general doesn't have better pizza options.
There are maybe, no bullshit, three traditional delivery options in the entire city that are even half-decent. Winnipeg actually has about as many decent options as we do. That's brutal, especially when like you said we're pretty much spoiled for choice in terms of other foods and restaurants in general.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it still true, but when I was growing up, Toronto was the third largest Italian city in the world.

But yeah, the pizza was pretty horrid. I lived close to a local place, Nino D'Aversa, as authentic as you can get, but their pizza was gross.

Some great Italian restaurants, but not for pizza.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it still true, but when I was growing up, Toronto was the third largest Italian city in the world.

But yeah, the pizza was pretty horrid. I lived close to a local place, Nino D'Aversa, as authentic as you can get, but their pizza was gross.

Last time I was up there, I was dismayed at the lack of pizza choices. At one point, I even asked someone at the hotel desk where was a good place to get pizza. He told me "Buffalo". We were there for a week (entered at Niagara, hung out in the GTA for a few, went to Chatham-Kent and came back in through Windsor) and I don't believe I actually ate any pizza that week. Probably the first time in my life I went a week without pizza.

And is "pizza pizza" owned by Little Caesar's? I was always curious about that. Their pizza looked almost as bad.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had pizza at Gretzky's...was rather mediocre.

La Piazzetta in Montreal was some fine Italian style pizza though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should clarify, I can direct you to dozens of restaurants with excellent pizza. I'm referring more to the delivery category.

The original Nino's at Keele and Finch? I worked in that area for years. FWIW, they're pizza's pretty decent these days, though I may be biased by my love for wood-oven pizza.

Still a lot of Italians in the city but a lot of them moved to Woodbridge over the years.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I was up there, I was dismayed at the lack of pizza choices. At one point, I even asked someone at the hotel desk where was a good place to get pizza. He told me "Buffalo". We were there for a week (entered at Niagara, hung out in the GTA for a few, went to Chatham-Kent and came back in through Windsor) and I don't believe I actually ate any pizza that week. Probably the first time in my life I went a week without pizza.

And is "pizza pizza" owned by Little Caesar's? I was always curious about that. Their pizza looked almost as bad.
Pizza Pizza isn't owned by LC's, I think you're confusing it because LC's isn't allowed to use their "pizza pizza" slogan here because of the presence of Pizza Pizza. PP is also the worst pizza known to man and they do HUGE business here, which is probably part of the problem.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should clarify, I can direct you to dozens of restaurants with excellent pizza. I'm referring more to the delivery category.

The original Nino's at Keele and Finch? I worked in that area for years. FWIW, they're pizza's pretty decent these days, though I may be biased by my love for wood-oven pizza.

Still a lot of Italians in the city but a lot of them moved to Woodbridge over the years.

Right, Keele and Finch. Lived there until I went to University in 1980. Barely recognize it now.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd probably use Bay Street today. Yonge is still climbing its way up from the dinginess of the 80s and 90s.
I for one am looking forward to watching the parade go right past Remington's...

/I know this post is a week old, I was on vacation, give me a break.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time the top ranked prospect came out of the Dub - It's certainly been OHL and QMJHL dominated as of late (as well as Americans coming out of the US junior development program).
Wendel Clark?