• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about another prospects list?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha well to be honest I wasn't entirely sure what he was referencing either, that's why I used those fun quotes!

But I was just talking about the general results we've seen so far eliminating leaks etc.
No more leaks???

dreger%20face.jpeg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which other leagues award a Calder Trophy? :wink:

I'd actually be fine if they eliminated the age limits on the Calder anyway. I had no problem with Makarov winning it either, and I'm confident that it hasn't affected Mike Modano's life and career much as well.
Panera Bread is happy to hear this.

/#Zaitsev2017 :noidea:

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete Encyclopedia of Tavares telling the Leafs to get lost

Thought you might appreciate this a bit, BBB. Or not. Either way, I enjoyed it.

Yeah, it had its moments. To be dead honest, I think the worst ice I skated on all year was in Toronto. It was so hot the one game [on March 9*], I couldn’t believe how warm it was. We were playing there on a back-to-back, and by the end of the third period we couldn’t even move.

To be fair, this isn't the Leafs fault. It only got bad 13 minutes into every period when the 1st level ticket holders all simultaneously returned to their seats double-fisting extra-large Starbucks coffees, thereby raising the temperature close to the ice surface by about 10 degrees.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, this isn't the Leafs fault. It only got bad 13 minutes into every period when the 1st level ticket holders all simultaneously returned to their seats double-fisting extra-large Starbucks coffees, thereby raising the temperature close to the ice surface by about 10 degrees.
I wish there was a Starbucks inside the ACC. Sponsorship by Tim Hortons means that is all they sell in there and it makes Starbucks' stuff taste like blue mountain by comparison.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there was a Starbucks inside the ACC. Sponsorship by Tim Hortons means that is all they sell in there and it makes Starbucks' stuff taste like blue mountain by comparison.

Agreed.

The only remotely drinkable Tim Hortons coffee is the dark roast. The rest is, as they say in the South, sock water.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah... I kinda figured but Starbucks just sounded better. :noidea:

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Stamkos spent the year liking a bunch of internet stories about him wanting to join the Leafs and then stuck in TB.

I'm willing to try the opposite - guy says he likes where he is and then ditches them for Toronto's bad ice.

It was truly amazing how much time people had on their hands to track that shit. "OMG Stamkos like hamburgers!! We have a sick joint up here in Toronto.....you know what that means!?!? Imminent signing!!"

It's okay...I felt that way about every decent free agent the past 15 years.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

The only remotely drinkable Tim Hortons coffee is the dark roast. The rest is, as they say in the South, sock water.
Never had Hortons but was always intrigued. Is it on par with Dunkin? Like that old school donut shop coffee?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was truly amazing how much time people had on their hands to track that shit. "OMG Stamkos like hamburgers!! We have a sick joint up here in Toronto.....you know what that means!?!? Imminent signing!!"

It's okay...I felt that way about every decent free agent the past 15 years.
We do have pretty good burgers.

We could use some better pizza joints, though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had Hortons but was always intrigued. Is it on par with Dunkin? Like that old school donut shop coffee?
I heard a good quote the other day - people's willingness to drink Tim Hortons coffee depends on how far from downtown Toronto you are.

Tim Hortons may have had good coffee once upon a time but today it honestly reminds me of dog crap, and that's if they get your order right.

Their food was also edible when I was younger. Today I can ask for a bagel to be triple-toasted and it'll still be given to me barely warmed up.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete Encyclopedia of Tavares telling the Leafs to get lost

Thought you might appreciate this a bit, BBB. Or not. Either way, I enjoyed it.

All those quotes are from July 2016 onwards. Looks to me like a guy who is playing out his current contract and trying really hard to NOT create a ton of useless internet babble.

Maybe JT is a smart guy and he would prefer to focus his efforts on the ice for the next couple of years, knowing the gravy train, errr, Cup Parade will be running right down Yonge Street :noidea:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dunkin is a very good analogy. I have made that comparison myself many a time. In fact, so similar, i would bet they get their beans from the same place.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those quotes are from July 2016 onwards. Looks to me like a guy who is playing out his current contract and trying really hard to NOT create a ton of useless internet babble.

Maybe JT is a smart guy and he would prefer to focus his efforts on the ice for the next couple of years, knowing the gravy train, errr, Cup Parade will be running right down Yonge Street :noidea:
They'd probably use Bay Street today. Yonge is still climbing its way up from the dinginess of the 80s and 90s.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunkin is a very good analogy. I have made that comparison myself many a time. In fact, so similar, i would bet they get their beans from the same place.

Then I'm all about it. Love Dunkin.

I love Starbucks too. I'm an equal opportunity coffee drinker. Except that Cambodian shit. They can go fuck themselves.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'm all about it. Love Dunkin.

I love Starbucks too. I'm an equal opportunity coffee drinker. Except that Cambodian shit. They can go fuck themselves.

I don't know how far Tim Horton's reach is, but the most unusual place I have seen their coffee was in Dublin.

/Ireland, not Ohio