• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about another prospects list?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somewhat an aside but the feature Bob had on the Gauthier family and weightlifting/bodybuilding was good stuff too (they may have showed it during the world juniors too)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a few different guys I'd be happy with in the 8-spot. Given what's most likely to happen, I think I'd prefer Sergachev or Juolevi over Keller - I'm thinking two of those three are still on the board at 8th - but I'd be pretty satisfied with any of them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooo-hooo! We're top five at something! That doesn't involve sucking!

Shame none of those guys will see roster time because of long contracts for dead weight in the way.

This puzzled me:
Philadelphia Flyers
Ridiculous goaltender depth? Check.

Does not compute.
Yeah, that's weird. They have Harvard's goalie from last season. Is that what he's basing it on?

And then they rank Washington down low when they have maybe the best goalie prospect in the league.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooo-hooo! We're top five at something! That doesn't involve sucking!

Shame none of those guys will see roster time because of long contracts for dead weight in the way.

This puzzled me:
Philadelphia Flyers
Ridiculous goaltender depth? Check.

Does not compute.

Also agree, a real :scratch:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking every NHL team by prospect pipeline

I didn't realise that the Preds drafted Fabbro. Damn.

I must have a different definition of prospect than the author, because I wouldn't count guys like Matthews and Nylander as prospects when they're expected to be full-time roster players this year.

He also gave praise to the Oilers blue line, which pretty much discounts the entire article.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have a different definition of prospect than the author, because I wouldn't count guys like Matthews and Nylander as prospects when they're expected to be full-time roster players this year.

He also gave praise to the Oilers blue line, which pretty much discounts the entire article.

He also said Dubois has a chance to make the NHL team this year.

I made him this:
tumblr_ngg3cthAKz1qz5r5lo1_1280.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He says in the piece prospects like Matthers, Pulji and Laine typically only last as prospects for a few months. But as long as none of those guys have had their rookie season (Nylander was 3 short last year), I think it's still fair to call them prospects.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said Dubois has a chance to make the NHL team this year.

I made him this:
tumblr_ngg3cthAKz1qz5r5lo1_1280.jpg
What makes you so sure Dubois won't break camp? I wouldn't say it's more likely he's on the NHL roster than not but it's not at all out of the realm of possibility at all.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you so sure Dubois won't break camp? I wouldn't say it's more likely he's on the NHL roster than not but it's not at all out of the realm of possibility at all.

Contracts in the way at center (Jenner, Dubinsky, Gagner, Wennberg, Campbell, Karlsson and Foligno can all play C), and Jarmo's hatred of wasting a year of an ELC.

Plus he's had one half season as full time center (in the Q), what are the chances he's going to please Torts with the way he plays first time?

I just think it's incredibly unlikely.

Werenski is in. Bjorkstrand should be. Milano (who is also sometimes listed at Center) has an outside shot.

Korpisalo, Kukan, Dubois, Hannikainen, Carlson and Heatherington should all get legit looks but have roster dead weight in their way.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts in the way at center (Jenner, Dubinsky, Gagner, Wennberg, Campbell, Karlsson and Foligno can all play C), and Jarmo's hatred of wasting a year of an ELC.

Plus he's had one half season as full time center (in the Q), what are the chances he's going to please Torts with the way he plays first time?

I just think it's incredibly unlikely.

Werenski is in. Bjorkstrand should be. Milano (who is also sometimes listed at Center) has an outside shot.

Korpisalo, Kukan, Dubois, Hannikainen, Carlson and Heatherington should all get legit looks but have roster dead weight in their way.
Unlikely, perhaps but I still think there's a decent shot. He was selected above an NHL-ready winger and for a team paying at the cap for, what, the 3rd consecutive season ownership could pressure for all that money to finally show some on-ice success. It's not like it was with Strome at 3rd last year where the Coyotes were very obviously still in tank mode and it made a lot more sense to let Strome take 1st line minutes in Erie with McJesus out of the way.

Plus a lot of the guys you named can play wing fine enough. If he earns the spot I'm sure they'll accommodate him somehow.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely, perhaps but I still think there's a decent shot. He was selected above an NHL-ready winger and for a team paying at the cap for, what, the 3rd consecutive season ownership could pressure for all that money to finally show some on-ice success. It's not like it was with Strome at 3rd last year where the Coyotes were very obviously still in tank mode and it made a lot more sense to let Strome take 1st line minutes in Erie with McJesus out of the way.

Plus a lot of the guys you named can play wing fine enough. If he earns the spot I'm sure they'll accommodate him somehow.

Last time Ownership brought pressure about money, we got this:
GettyImages-465518970.jpg

And you say he was selected above an NHL ready Winger as if you are trying to apply some logic to Jarmo's thought process there. As far as anyone can tell Jarmo didn't choose Jesse is because that's what everyone expected him to do.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PL Dubois making the jump would be a huge mistake, bigger than taking him in the Top 3. Torts and a recently selected rookie just has disaster written all over it.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Madison Bowey and Riley Barber have been good but not great in the AHL,"

Yes, because Bowey was such a disappointment putting up a 35 point pace as a 20 year old rookie defenseman in the AHL, while Riley Barber, a 6th round pick, put up a 60 point pace as a 21 year old rookie.

What an idiot.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PL Dubois making the jump would be a huge mistake, bigger than taking him in the Top 3. Torts and a recently selected rookie just has disaster written all over it.

Especially when Dubois was selected to fill the hole that the last guy Torts ran out of town on a rail left behind.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Devils cracking the top 20 on a prospects list? That's refreshing to see.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure how big a mistake taking him was. There were a lot of teams that apparently were interested in moving up to grab him. Montreal, Vancouver, Colorado, Boston were all...

Oh. Yeah, I see the pattern now.