• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How about another prospects list?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scouting bureau must have watched the Hischier youtube video too lol

/
Nov: 21st
Dec: 8th
Jan: 3rd

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ISS latest

ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2017 NHL Draft. Rankings include the top 151 skaters, along with the top 10 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts.

Below is the ISS Top 31, highlighting the rankings for the top 31 prospects:

Rank Player Position Team League
1 Patrick, Nolan C Brandon WHL
2 Hischier, Nico C Halifax QMJHL
3 Tippett, Owen RW Mississauga OHL
4 Vilardi, Gabe C Windsor OHL
5 Liljegren, Timothy D Rogle SweE
6 Mittelstadt, Casey C Eden Prairie MN-HS
7 Rasmussen, Michael C Tri-City WHL
8 Foote, Callan D Kelowna WHL
9 Kostin, Klim C Dynamo KHL
10 Valimaki, Juuso D Tri-City WHL
11 Tolvanen, Eeli LW Sioux City USHL
12 Hague, Nicolas D Mississauga OHL
13 Makar, Cale D Brooks AJHL
14 Glass, Cody C Portland WHL
15 Pettersson, Elias C Timra SweAl
16 Lind, Kole C Kelowna WHL
17 Necas, Martin RW Brno Kometa HC CzeE
18 Comtois, Maxime LW Victoriaville QMJHL
19 Poehling, Ryan C St. Cloud State NCHC
20 Yamamoto, Kailer RW Spokane WHL
21 Bowers, Shane C Waterloo USHL
22 Ratcliffe, Isaac LW Guelph OHL
23 Suzuki, Nick C Owen Sound OHL
24 Norris, Joshua C USA U18 NTDP
25 Vaakanainen, Urho D JYP Jyvaskyla FinE
26 Jokiharju, Henri D Portland WHL
27 Andersson, Lias LW HV71 SweE
28 Anderson-Dolan, Jaret C Spokane WHL
29 Vesalainen, Kristian LW V. Frolunda SweE
30 Elvenes, Lukas RW Rogle SweJE
31 Thomas, Robert C London OHL

The goaltender battle remained stagnant this Month as Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen held firm over #2-ranked goaltender Jake Oettinger. The #1-ranked skater, Nolan Patrick, also maintained his top spot, though Timothy Liljegren fell from #2 last month to #5 this month.

There was plenty of shuffling occurring in the middle and tail-end of the Top 31, with particularly large leaps being made by Joshua Norris (#63 in February to #24 in March) and Isaac Ratcliffe (#42 in February to #22 in March). Ratcliffe’s impressive play with the OHL’s Guelph Storm caught many people’s attention, including that of ISS Hockey Director of Scouting Dennis MacInnis.

“Ratcliffe is a big, powerful winger and has played well in all situations,” said MacInnis. “He skates well, with good mobility for a big guy. His combination of size and skills should translate to the pro level.”

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Nolan Patrick ranked in terms of talent? I understand he's becoming the consensus #1 pick but is it legit or due to weaker(subjective) draft?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Nolan Patrick ranked in terms of talent? I understand he's becoming the consensus #1 pick but is it legit or due to weaker(subjective) draft?
Doesn't seem like another McDavid/Matthews/Eichel but he should be a pretty good player.

I'm not convinced he's going first though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to get Kailer Yamomoto or Urho Vaakanainen just because I want a team of the most difficult names to pronounce for our TV guy.

He's getting close to cracking with Dubinsky/Bobrovski/Werenski/Korpikoski/Korpisalo

And next year we could very well have a Carlsson and a Karlsson.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were to compare Patrick to a current player, who would that be?
I think I heard a particular TSN blowhard call him a "lesser" Jonathan Toews once. That's not really fair for a litany of reasons.

He kinda reminds me of Sean Monahan though. Similar frame, responsible two-ways, good hands.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard a particular TSN blowhard call him a "lesser" Jonathan Toews once. That's not really fair for a litany of reasons.

He kinda reminds me of Sean Monahan though. Similar frame, responsible two-ways, good hands.
ah thank you... Haven't followed much of the flames obviously but Sean seems to have put in a good # of goals.

Do you see someone like Owen Tippett rising to top 3?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah thank you... Haven't followed much of the flames obviously but Sean seems to have put in a good # of goals.

Do you see someone like Owen Tippett rising to top 3?
ISS has him there right now.

Guessing you're asking if NJ would re-unite Tippett and McLeod? Definite possibility, although NJ could just as well use a top defensive prospect like Liljegren. An eventual top 6 that has Hall-Zacha and Tippett-McLeod could be special.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toews is the comparable.

So, basically a Top 100 player of all time...

Edit: Meh, late to the reply party...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ISS has him there right now.

Guessing you're asking if NJ would re-unite Tippett and McLeod? Definite possibility, although NJ could just as well use a top defensive prospect like Liljegren. An eventual top 6 that has Hall-Zacha and Tippett-McLeod could be special.
Yea, thats a question for myself. This time around, I'll be very ok with defense being our first pick as there are two very good prospects to choose from. Then at the same time, I see our offense still lacking and Hall needing additional talent to grasp and keep up with his play thus my search for that help led me to Tippett who sounds like a potential scoring threat every game.

McLeod and Bastian are the legit futures in terms of offense for us.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toews is the comparable.

So, basically a Top 100 player of all time...

Edit: Meh, late to the reply party...
Still, that would be a great pick then. Not the flash of the previous #1 overalls but someone definitely a franchise can build around/with.

We're sitting at #3 worst overall thus a top 4 finish at the least so far.... we're crossing our fingers to reach #2.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, thats a question for myself. This time around, I'll be very ok with defense being our first pick as there are two very good prospects to choose from. Then at the same time, I see our offense still lacking and Hall needing additional talent to grasp and keep up with his play thus my search for that help led me to Tippett who sounds like a potential scoring threat every game.

McLeod and Bastian are the legit futures in terms of offense for us.
Christ you guys have Bastian too? If the Devils ever move to Mississauga they can just change the team name and recycle the kids' jerseys.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ you guys have Bastian too? If the Devils ever move to Mississauga they can just change the team name and recycle the kids' jerseys.
LOL

yessir, Bastian in the 2nd... nearly broke into the roster this year but smart thinking in getting him...

I think that might be Shero's intent, find players who are familiar with one another.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
latest version

ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. Rankings include the top 150 skaters, along with the top 15 goaltenders, as evaluated and ranked by ISS Hockey’s worldwide network of scouts.

Below is the ISS Top 31, highlighting the rankings for the top 31 prospects:
Rank Player Position Team League
1 Patrick, Nolan C Brandon WHL
2 Hischier, Nico C Halifax QMJHL
3 Vilardi, Gabe C Windsor OHL
4 Tippett, Owen RW Mississauga OHL
5 Mittelstadt, Casey C Green Bay USHL
6 Liljegren, Timothy D Rogle SweE
7 Glass, Cody C Portland WHL
8 Rasmussen, Michael C Tri-City WHL
9 Foote, Callan D Kelowna WHL
10 Necas, Martin RW Brno Kometa HC CzeE
11 Valimaki, Juuso LD Tri-City WHL
12 Kostin, Klim C Dynamo KHL
13 Tolvanen, Eeli LW Sioux City USHL
14 Hague, Nicolas D Mississauga OHL
15 Makar, Cale D Brooks AJHL
16 Pettersson, Elias C Timra SweAl
17 Suzuki, Nick C Owen Sound OHL
18 Lind, Kole C Kelowna WHL
19 Poehling, Ryan C St. Cloud State NCHC
20 Ratcliffe, Isaac LW Guelph OHL
21 Norris, Joshua C USA U18 NTDP
22 Yamamoto, Kailer RW Spokane WHL
23 Bowers, Shane C Waterloo USHL
24 Jokiharju, Henri D Portland WHL
25 Comtois, Maxime LW Victoriaville QMJHL
26 Thomas, Robert C London OHL
27 Anderson-Dolan, Jaret C Spokane WHL
28 Timmins, Conor D Sault Ste. Marie OHL
29 Andersson, Lias LW HV71 SweE
30 Vesalainen, Kristian LW V. Frolunda SweE
31 Formenton, Alex LW London OHL

Goalies

1 Luukkonen, Ukko-Pekka G HPK Hameenlinna FinJrA
2 Oettinger, Jake G Boston University H.E.

Centermen take over the top three spots in the April Release of the ISS Top 31, as Gabe Vilardi (Windsor, OHL) moves into third behind Nolan Patrick (Brandon, WHL) and Nico Hishchier (Halifax, QMJHL), who carry ISS Hockey rankings of #1 and #2, respectively.

Several other players at the center-ice position have climbed this month. Most notably, Cody Glass (Portland, WHL) has moved up seven spots into seventh and Nick Suzuki (Owen Sound, OHL) has jumped up into seventeenth. ISS Hockey Director of Scouting, Dennis MacInnis, continues to be impressed with the play of Glass.

“Glass is the type of player that makes his teammates around him better. Lots of offensive upside, as he continues to put his elite hockey sense on display. There has also been a noticeable improvement in his defensive play.”

Finish goaltender Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen remains ranked number one for another month with Jake Oettinger (Boston University, H-East) following in closely at number two for the ISS Top Goalies. This marks the fourth consecutive month that they held down the top two spots atop the goaltender rankings.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booooooooooooo that list. Petruzzelli is the best goalie in the draft!

And screw Casey Middlestadt and his inability to put his big boy pants on. He'll get exposed like Riley Tufte did.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shocked-jim-benning-there-are-2-virtanens.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda fearful that Jimbo is gonna pick this Cale Makar from the AJHL ... he has said he might draft a dman ... this guy has the mercurial hype machine working for him right now .. but as they said in the cesspool ... top prospect in the second best tier 2 league in the country :think: (although Brooks beat both the BCHL teams at the wcc)

nice d on this 5v3 pp btw

Last edited: