• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holas Mooks

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our house is being remediated for mold so we're a bit displaced at the moment.

We're both in Corona, but me and the dog in my sister's guest house and her and the boys at her mom's house. The good news is the two houses are only 2 miles apart so we're not completely separated.

I'm allergic to cats and her mom has 5 so I can't stay there, and our dog doesn't play nice with other dogs and she has one of those annoying lap dogs too. The girls stay with me when they come home but the traffic and travel is killing us from Cypress to Corona off the 15/91, not to mention wearing everyone down and frustrating. Hopefully soon we're back into our house. Looks like a slab leak too, which isn't going to be pretty.

Anyway, just checking in. Still here, but no wifi at the guest house so I haven't been able to check in (I'm in YL now checking on things) and my work has SH blocked. Dumb.

Hope everyone is having a good summer. You never know what you take for granted until it's gone, we're miserable being out of the house and all out of whack.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah the problems of a modern family. No worries hockey wise nothing happening. Clifford is the only question and we all know he will be signed and a Dman will be waived to Manchester or traded for picks

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting displaced from your home even for a short period really sucks. I got to spend a month in a hotel back in January while I was getting the house dried out from a flood (toilet tank leaked during the night) and the subsequent clearing out the asbestos. Then all the wall repairs and flooring replacement. Luckily we were located less than a mile from the house so it was easy to keep tabs on the repairs and the home owners insurance paid the bill. Never want to go through that again though.

Ox

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had 3000 square feet of grass put in the back yard and a tree house with swings for the little ones. The sad and funny thing is, the day after the tree house was finished my daughter broke her leg and is now in a cast for 5 weeks. So she has not had a chance to enjoy the tree house yet. And will only be able to do so on weekends when out of the cast because school starts next week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer is so boring when it comes to sports. That being said, gearing up for next year is already pretty insane.

World Cup in Brazil and Winter Olympics in Sochi. Not to mention 37 days until NFL and just over 60 days until NHL resumes. This is all discounting pre-seasons.

If you Youtube all of the goals from a given World Cup, it is pretty phenomenal to see the skillset of these guys. I just watched every goal from France 98' and it was ridiculous.

Icing on the cake, albeit playing teams mostly from the Americas (and the German B squad. My German uncle would argue the "D" squad), is that the US Soccer Team is on a record winning streak and has never had a deeper team. Could potentially make some noise in the World Cup, which would solidify the world's hate for us. haha. Just kidding, that has already been solidified.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting displaced from your home even for a short period really sucks.

It has totally thrown a wrench in everything. We had a routine down with the kids and it's all been turned upside down.

The issue for me too is coordinating the three locations since the girls are with their mom half the time. Lot of juggling, last week I didn't even bring them back to Corona because by the time we would get home, dinner, showers and whatnot it would essentially be bed time. Then they would have to be up early since we just added an extra 90 minutes to our total commute.

We also have to stop in YL to drop the boys off at preschool and daycare, which means we can't use the FasTrak unless we have no stops planned, which today was the first day that happened (for me anyway - left Corona at 5:30am to be at my 7:00am networking meeting in HB). being displaced, we are constantly having to stop at the house for stuff we need as well. If you aren't familiar with that 91 coming out of Corona on any given morning, you are in for a treat - it's one of the worst commutes in SoCal. Heading into OC for what should be a quick 30 mile drive can take up to 2 hours.

I cut my day short Friday to spend time with them and take them to lunch but that isn't enough considering they are with us 50% of the time. It's been challenging to say the least on a personal level, and don't even get me started on the construction crew. The rate they seem to be going, I'll be able to move back home by 2020.

I got to spend a month in a hotel back in January while I was getting the house dried out from a flood (toilet tank leaked during the night) and the subsequent clearing out the asbestos. Then all the wall repairs and flooring replacement. Luckily we were located less than a mile from the house so it was easy to keep tabs on the repairs and the home owners insurance paid the bill. Never want to go through that again though.

Ox

Yikes, that sounds brutal.

That's another issue, HO is not covering a penny of this. My mom is the title owner on the house (until I "officially" inherit it when I turn 45, so 8 more years to go) so part of our rent goes towards the HO policy every month. The carrier is AAA.

Turns out that since this was a problem that developed over time, and not an immediate emergency (i.e., a tree fell and busted open your roof in a storm, flooding the house, or your example, the leaking toilet) they denied the claim. Meanwhile however, the house needs to be repaired so all of this is coming out of pocket. My mom and I are splitting the bill 50/50 and with the mold remediation, remodeling of the downstairs bathroom/shower and flooring in the foyer we're looking at about $20,000 total.

I'm pretty pissed about it - WTF is HO for if you won't cover anything? - so after all this is said and done I will most likely have to get an attorney and start litigation. My intent is to recover at least 50% of the expenses one way or another.

This is just the beginning of all the fun shizzle about to come my way.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had 3000 square feet of grass put in the back yard and a tree house with swings for the little ones. The sad and funny thing is, the day after the tree house was finished my daughter broke her leg and is now in a cast for 5 weeks. So she has not had a chance to enjoy the tree house yet. And will only be able to do so on weekends when out of the cast because school starts next week.

Bummer dude, hope the little one is OK and good to go soon.

BTW, were you affected by the Prescott fire?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer dude, hope the little one is OK and good to go soon.

BTW, were you affected by the Prescott fire?

The one on Granite Mountain got to within 4 miles of us. We were put on standby to be ready to evacuate but the order never came.
The Yarnell Hill fire was 30 miles away, but we personally knew to of the Hot Shots that perished in that fire. One was a Youth Pastor at our church and worked with my daughter. The other was the son in law of my daughter's math teacher.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, that stinks puck, Do you have a time line when you can move back in? Also, how ironic that at the bottom of this thread, there is an advertisement in regards to Water, Mold & fire damage??

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that stinks puck, Do you have a time line when you can move back in? Also, how ironic that at the bottom of this thread, there is an advertisement in regards to Water, Mold & fire damage??
Sadly, it is not ironic because these sites, and most notably G(Google)Mail, read your posts and emails and product place base on key words that you and others post. You guys were talking about homeowner's insurance, so that generated key words and thus the tailored advertizing.

And they are tailored to your exact postings and responses too. For instance, I looked up these tours in San Diego, so cookies were created and now every other site I go to, including this one, tells me there are killer deals on tours in San Diego. You can delete the cookies, but that is why you will see a lot of stuff related to what you write about.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfriend was over the other day and was looking up bathing suits on my laptop. For the next week I kept seeing killer deals on swimwear for females. On that one, I couldn't really complain.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, pretty much how advertising works.

And on that note...we got the clearance from the environmental company that we were allowed to come back in tonight so I'm posting from home.

The house is a total disaster between the tons of bags of crap we brought back home and construction but the mold remediation is complete at least and the house is in liveable condition again.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, pretty much how advertising works.

And on that note...we got the clearance from the environmental company that we were allowed to come back in tonight so I'm posting from home.

The house is a total disaster between the tons of bags of crap we brought back home and construction but the mold remediation is complete at least and the house is in liveable condition again.

Congrats. I know it's always nice to come home.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats. I know it's always nice to come home.

Almost always nice - dropped 9 bags of dirty laundry in the family room last night but was too exhausted to start after moving everything in from the MIL's house and the guest house I was staying in.

Figured I'd start a load this morning prior to playing hockey, and after an hour and white noise for a while I checked the washer, and the sensor tab on the door was broken - the washer can't go into spin or rinse cycle.

Effin figures.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it rains it pours. eh. Sounds like you're having a 2013 like I'm experiencing. Not only was there the flood but less than a month after we were back in the house the main drain backed up through the shower and got the bathroom and master bedroom floors again. Didn't have to move out this time though since there was no longer an asbestos danger. Then last month my GMC Envoy caught fire and completely destroyed the engine compartment. Totaled and now I'm driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee. State Farm must hate me by now.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh it hasn't been that bad, just this recent stretch. You by far have it worse, my mold situation was bad but other than that it's just stuff that happens and you have to deal with it.

Service guy came and fixed it, he was here for a whopping 20 minutes and my bill was $141.77. At least it's up and running again so things are slowly going to get back where they were.

And yeah, State Farm probably wants to drop you by now.