• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here is why I think we see Colt this year.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the locker room can hold up for another 6 weeks of this?
When we come home to face the Rams and get our butts kicked, do you think the coaches will be able to convince the players that they are putting the QB out there that gives us the best chance to win? If not, won't more doubt creep in to the players minds? You know what doubt does.

That is "IF" RG3 survives the next 2 weeks first.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the locker room can hold up for another 6 weeks of this?
When we come home to face the Rams and get our butts kicked, do you think the coaches will be able to convince the players that they are putting the QB out there that gives us the best chance to win? If not, won't more doubt creep in to the players minds? You know what doubt does.

That is "IF" RG3 survives the next 2 weeks first.

Coaches can quickly lose the respect of the entire roster if they continue to play the wrong guys, to keep playing the QB who won't get it done. Thats what Gruden faces if he doesn't figure this out right quick.

And that sort of thing never really comes back around. If players go into an off season with no confidence in their HC, good things won't be following.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches can quickly lose the respect of the entire roster if they continue to play the wrong guys, to keep playing the QB who won't get it done. Thats what Gruden faces if he doesn't figure this out right quick.

And that sort of thing never really comes back around. If players go into an off season with no confidence in their HC, good things won't be following.

Yes sir KSD.

When we watch the tape, we keep hearing. Nobody is safe, but we are not going to make decisions until we watch the tape. No one guy is to blame, but it is hard to get a feel from the sidelines on what he was seeing. We have to watch the tape. Ok, coach and when you watch the tape....at what point do you look at the team and say, RG3 gives us the best chance to win. If not, can you look them in the eye and tell them, sorry guys this is not about winning and losing. This is about us evaluating RG, to see if he is going to be the QB for the next few years for this team. They will understand. right.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to leadership, which always starts at the top. Dan Snyder hasn't got a single clue what real leadership is all about, so he hires people who will work for an owner who isn't a leader. So he ends up with non leaders in his critical front office and top level coaching positions. People who are afraid to say what they really think, afraid to tell their boss he's wrong, afraid to make the tough, unpopular choices. Leaders will do that, followers will say what the boss wants to hear. Its the same with coaches, as it is with players.

If the HC refuses to play the QB who truly gives them the best chance to win, he's going to lose the team fast, and he'll never recover it. And with players, when they see a QB being played only because of his contract, or draft status, or because the owner sees him as the "future", they will not give 100% effort to make that QB successful. If players don't think the coach is playing the right guys, their effort drops to comical levels. Its why the backup QB often comes in and lights it up, because the rest of the players suddenly start giving proper effort.

There was no effort at all yesterday. Its simple to explain. They had no confidence in their leadership. No confidence in the QB, the HC, the GM or the owner. They are just collecting paychecks now, because that's the sort of players we bring in. From Deion, to Bruce Smith, to McNabb, to Haynesworth, to DJax, we bring in mercenaries looking for the pay day, not leaders looking to lead and win. And thats because that's the tone the owner has set since day 1.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousins played well do you guys think Rg3 would of got his job back?

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he would have.
This goes above Gruden. Does that put me into Crime Scene Status? lol

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he would have.
This goes above Gruden. Does that put me into Crime Scene Status? lol

I disagree. I think if Cuz played well and the were winning, no way the HC messes that up. That'd be like Belicheck benching Brady.

Of course none of this matters, Cuz played himself out of an NFL Starting job.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think if Cuz played well and the were winning, no way the HC messes that up. That'd be like Belicheck benching Brady.

I know i mentioned it before... but I honestly dont think Cousins would have gotten benched despite his play if there was not the Griffin card in play. Out of all the games he has played in, he has had two really bad games, the rest were either average performances, or good ones. Sadly we lost most of his starts. But I honestly think even if Kirk had won every start, at some point he would have still lost the job to RG3 because the one person who has final say was still a believer. Which is also why i dont think Rg3 is on the way out yet.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if KC had seized the job you cant bench him period

you would lose the team

now if you put colt in and close the book on Rg3 then fine because he has to seize the job the job too and he hasnt (meaning Rg3 hasnt )

and if snyder is interfering with the HC and who plays then the team is lost anyway

i believe gruden will make the call if he has too. he alluded to bringing colt in during his post game presser . i think he has full authority to make the change

gruden isnt married to Rg3 he didnt draft him

so get ready fellas , it looks like the colt and KC show for the next few years until we can get the qb we want

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job benching Colt after he won two games for you... and going up against Vikes before a BYE week? ... where RG3 would have had another 14 days to rest up and practice with the first team?

smaaaaart.

3-5 with Vikes and Tampa coming up on a two game win streak??? And you bench the guy that was winning for you? Who beat the Cowboys in Dallas?

And now? The season is officially OVER.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job benching Colt after he won two games for you... and going up against Vikes before a BYE week? ... where RG3 would have had another 14 days to rest up and practice with the first team?

smaaaaart.

3-5 with Vikes and Tampa coming up on a two game win streak??? And you bench the guy that was winning for you? Who beat the Cowboys in Dallas?

tmq_snyder.png

The RG3 chants from a few years ago, still give me the chills.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

smaaaaart.

Is this your first experience observing the Washington Redskins? This is the team that, if we had drafted Tom Brady, would have gone back to Bledsoe. This is the team that if it had a Hall of Fame coach, we'd give him Vinny Cerrato as his GM. This is the team that has a franchise QB with a history of knee surgery, so we leave him in the game limping around until his knee actually falls apart.

This is the Dan Snyder Washington Redskins. If we have a glimmer of hope, we'll figure out a creative way to smash it like an unwanted spider crawling across your living room floor.

Its nothing personal to Colt. He's just here, thats all.