• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has perception become reality?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Part of that was, let me use the right word, distasteful to hear. … To see those anonymous sources and the backbiting and different comments, I think it’s very important to know that a lot of it was untrue,” Allen said at a news conference after Shanahan was ousted. “But at the same time it was distasteful. Any coach, any organization knows in pro sports, you need to eliminate distractions. Instead we created our own distractions and it distracted from our play on the field. And we will do our best to alleviate any of those issues in the future.”

It hasn’t happened. Even with the Shanahans long gone, even with Gruden and other former associates of Allen with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers having been reassembled in Washington, the Redskins were back in the spotlight for the wrong reasons Sunday.

So I'm not the only one who thinks these tweets and back stories and stuff are distasteful and need to stop. The General Manager thinks the same way.

Unfortunately nothing at all has really changed, even though the GM wants it to.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that is somewhat unique about the Redskins (especially compared to the Cowboys & several other similar teams) is that you rarely hear from Snyder directly. That is part of the reason why almost everything is based on speculation.

I wonder if it would help or hurt for Snyder to address this directly at this point. I would certainly like to see a televised interview with him with some very direct questions (with one condition - it cannot be conducted by Larry Micheal or anyone from ESPN).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where there is smoke there is fire regarding RG3.

Everything regarding Snyder is "speculation" these days because of his past with Cerrato. There is no evidence to suggest Snyder has been involved since Shanahan was here.

As for RG3, I didn't see the game so I don't know how he played. His stat line was not bad but I don't know. To me, it looks like the defense is to blame for the MINN game.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its good to see Gruden stepping in there. While some of this bs may be true (Snyder giving his 2 cents about starting RG)... this is (as JG said) typical media garbage.

Certain media outlets are often total scum. They just want to get clicks and views and they don't really care if they have to twist (or even straight make up at times) the story. This goes for even the big guys. The post and ESPN has its share of trolls...Schefter doesnt seem to be one to stoop to that level IMO.

Some of these clowns are right at the same level as Cheaters, The National Enquirer and THe Jerry Springer show.... just a tad bit lower than whaleshit.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are easy targets. And after a 20 year circus maybe that's not unfair. But the divided lockerroom story is bullshit but of course since it's out there it's reality.

I was in the grocery store an hour before the game wearing my Redskins gear. A Ravens fan recounted the story of the divided locker room. I got into it briefly, saying don't believe everything you hear and ending with "Griff tore up the league just 2 years ago, it's amazing how people act like that never happened". When I ran across them later his wife mumbled something and I heard him say "I didn't say anything". Obviously she said to shut the hell up when he's around me.

So you see I'm not just a cranky old fool on a message board. I'M FOR REAL!!!!!!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are easy targets. And after a 20 year circus maybe that's not unfair. But the divided lockerroom story is bullshit but of course since it's out there it's reality.

I was in the grocery store an hour before the game wearing my Redskins gear. A Ravens fan recounted the story of the divided locker room. I got into it briefly, saying don't believe everything you hear and ending with "Griff tore up the league just 2 years ago, it's amazing how people act like that never happened". When I ran across them later his wife mumbled something and I heard him say "I didn't say anything". Obviously she said to shut the hell up when he's around me.

So you see I'm not just a cranky old fool on a message board. I'M FOR REAL!!!!!!!

Too bad that you didn't see the same guy later in the day. I bet he was pretty humble at that time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the chiefs loss the pats were dead and buried and tom brady had lost a step

now they are the best team in the nfl

the skins will work through this

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the chiefs loss the pats were dead and buried and tom brady had lost a step

now they are the best team in the nfl

the skins will work through this

I would feel better about proclaiming we'll work through it, if we had a Hall of Famer at HC and QB. Instead we have Gruden and Griffin, who have barely shown they belong in their respective roles so far together.

Plus the Pats don't have Haslett running their defense into the ground.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel better about proclaiming we'll work through it, if we had a Hall of Famer at HC and QB. Instead we have Gruden and Griffin, who have barely shown they belong in their respective roles so far together.

Plus the Pats don't have Haslett running their defense into the ground.

yet again you miss the point . the point you should have grasped is things change and perceptions to

the redskins will work through this sooner or later the right combo will find its way here

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet again you miss the point . the point you should have grasped is things change and perceptions to

the redskins will work through this sooner or later the right combo will find its way here

We been saying this for the past 23 years through how many coaches and QB?? Atleast with Norval at the helm we had some semblance of relativity. Now we live for the Off season Super Bowl and are usually talking draft before the turkey has even been purchased.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish I had your optimism, but I don't. I don't see Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen or Jay Gruden being the guys to finally figure it all out. And I don't see RGIII making the jump to pocket passer, or surviving too long as a running QB.

If the gist of your post is, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, it gives me no comfort. Because I see no evidence whatsoever that Dan Snyder knows how to fix anything that's wrong with his organization. If he hadn't lucked into Joe Gibbs, he'd have the worst record in NFL history as an owner. Annually finishing last in the division with one lucky 7 game win streak to break up the decade of suckage!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the gist of my post is early in snyders ownership he was too hands on . lately he seems to have backed away

it is way too early to give up on gruden give him time to get his guys in here

allen is in year one of making players decisions

lets see where it goes before we go doom and gloom

i mean shit if you think we will never ever be a contender then why bother ? might as well occupy your time doing something else

there is no other alternative but patience

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We been saying this for the past 23 years through how many coaches and QB?? Atleast with Norval at the helm we had some semblance of relativity. Now we live for the Off season Super Bowl and are usually talking draft before the turkey has even been purchased.

again if you have a better solution i am all ears . for 23 years we have changed coaches etc like i change underwear .

sooner or later the team will have to accept who we are TRULY , and rebuild like we need to 3, 5 years or not

but if you keep wanting to act like snyder ( and you do ) then you know what the results are going to be

you are in FLA , take up golf if you dont think it will ever change

right now we are heading for last place for year 6 of 7 years

we wont get anywhere until we decide to do what we need to do

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I had your optimism, but I don't. I don't see Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen or Jay Gruden being the guys to finally figure it all out. And I don't see RGIII making the jump to pocket passer, or surviving too long as a running QB.

If the gist of your post is, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, it gives me no comfort. Because I see no evidence whatsoever that Dan Snyder knows how to fix anything that's wrong with his organization. If he hadn't lucked into Joe Gibbs, he'd have the worst record in NFL history as an owner. Annually finishing last in the division with one lucky 7 game win streak to break up the decade of suckage!

Really don't understand how you can completely pass judgement on Gruden at this time. Heck - after the season he may realize that he made some mistakes (e.g. Haslett) & work to correct them. If we are being honest none of us really know whether Gruden will be good or bad at this time. A lot of the supposed great coaches at this time - Belichick, Carroll, etc - started out mediocre or worse in their coaching careers.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand how you can completely pass judgement on Gruden at this time. Heck - after the season he may realize that he made some mistakes (e.g. Haslett) & work to correct them. If we are being honest none of us really know whether Gruden will be good or bad at this time. A lot of the supposed great coaches at this time - Belichick, Carroll, etc - started out mediocre or worse in their coaching careers.

It depends on how you evaluate a coach. I look at the entire body of work - His coaching staff decision (complete fail/Haslett), his scheme decisions (meh), his player/personnel decisions (so so), his play calling (inconsistent), his game management (not great), and his results (3-6). So I'm not seeing much there that suggests he's a better coach than his record, he just needs better talent and that will take time. What I'm seeing is a coach who has made plenty of mistakes, who hasn't as of yet improved either of his top QBs, and whose record reflects all of that.

Great coaches may inherit a complete mess and have a poor record initially, but they set about fixing it by making smart decisions all along the way and the improvement from month to month is measurable. I haven't seen that sort of leadership out of Gruden yet.... so while he -may- become a good coach, he hasn't shown me anything to make me confident he -will- become a great coach.

Sadly, we need something more than a great coach, because we have a terrible owner and a GM who seems middle of the road at best. Our HC has to overcome not just a rebuilding project, but he has to do that with all the distractions that swirl around Redskins Park and an owner who is pretty much one of the worst in the NFL. Good luck, Jay, you're gonna need it.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a bridge to jump off of, these guys would certainly jump! Having said that, we are one half season into Gruden's first campaign, only 2 games into Griffin's return from injury and one draft into over hauling Shanny's mess and all you RG3 haters want to cut heads off. You show no patience nor do you know anything about football and what it takes to build a winner. Get the F off the bandwagon and go find another team to root for then. I'm sticking with Gruden & Company until they (Snyder) fires them or the team cuts players like RG3 and starts over.

I'm so tired of the "QB sucks", "we can't win with him", "we gave up too much for him", "he can't learn a new system", "he is another Mike Vick" etc.... I could go on and on what I have read on here the past few seasons. Not comparing our QB to anyone else for that matter and not going to defend bad or bone head plays he makes either because I get just as frustrated as the next fan when it happens. I do tend to look at the positives in his play only because its for the better of the team if Griffin plays well. I believe he is showing a nice transformation into Gruden's system with having only played a few games and I believe that will continue as he plays more games and finishes the year out.

Without getting into to many specifics, we do need to improve personnel in other areas on the team to include the offensive line and I believe those upgrades are coming soon. This team will get better if Gruden can somehow preserve a running game while continuing to develop his offense.

HTTR!