• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh will be in Oakland or Ann Arbor

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next season.

"It's looking like Jim Harbaugh's options are going to boil down to Michigan and the Oakland Raiders."
Adam Schefter

If he comes to Oakland, it's going to be a game changer. It will show the rest of the league that the Raiders are back with a high profile coach coming to an organization that has struggled mightily (52-135) since the end of the 2002 season when they made the Super Bowl against the Tampa Bucs.

This has been another tough season (3-12) heading into the season finale against the Denver Broncos, but there have been some bright spots with rookie quarterback David Carr (20 touchdowns to just 11 interceptions and 207.5 yards per game) and second year running back Latavius Murray (75.2 yards per game and 5.7 yards per carry in the last five games). And rookie linebacker Khalil Mack (57 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 passes defended and a forced fumble) has shown the talent that made him the 5th pick in last spring's NFL draft.

Harbaugh had a front row seat to witness Carr have one of his best games of the year when he completed 22 of 28 passes for 254 yards with 3 TD's when the Raiders beat the San Francisco 49ers, 24-13, on December 7th, in Oakland. And Murray ran the ball 23 times for hard earned 76 yards.

If Harbaugh comes to the Silver and Black, it's a step in the right direction for a once proud franchise and Harbaugh should be able to recruit some pending free agents to Oakland to speed up the rebuilding process and return the franchise to their former glory.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much control would he have in Oakland? Seems like that's the issue in San Fran. He is not the boss.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hire JH MarkOU?? Hopefully the Raiders give him power over the coaching staff and nothing else.. Seems like the Raiders ONLY need a HC and not a GM.. A HC with to much power = Hue Jackson trading the farm for Carson Palmer.. JH coaching RMs players could = SBs in the future!! If we want to build a great franchise, that's how we should do it.. imo

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching out for gunfire in Oakland or bagging young gals in Ann Arbor?

Hmmmmm....

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Cali is where the Honey's are at!! And gunfire is everywhere now days!! Where ya been man??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another few days and we will know whats up.. Let the bidding begin!! The rumors don't mean jack right now, but they will as soon as the season is over.. Does JH take a HUGE step back in his career to coach pee wee league?? Or does he want the greatest prize in football, a SB!! Stay tuned!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say its 50/50 we land JH!! lot's of rumors floating out there.. JH see's what the Raiders have he is no fool.. Everybody out there say's the Raiders are the perfect team for him.. A young team on the rise!! If he picks the NFL?? The Raiders are the CHOICE imo.. Coach killer Cutler, or Geno Smith!! Or Derek Carr and Mack, 70M in Cap Money, TOP 5 pick etc!! Michigan is the road block though.. I would put the odds at 50/50.. The Falcons would be another team that could swoop in, or even the Cowboys, Colts.. Or the Whiners say, nah we are keeping him!! Few more days of waiting!! Then NFL teams can make some moves without tampering charges..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letter to Jim Harbaugh

Harbaugh, come to Oakland but leave that drama in San Fran, where the diva's belong.

Plenty of work to do, this is a blue collar town so bring your lunch pail and plan on plenty of overtime. We are hungry for a winner, and there is a proud legacy of smash mouth football to live up to.

We want to see the S&B back in the limelight, and hoist another Lombardi in Jack London Square.

It has been a long lost decade, and we are ready to put that in the rear-view and start winning football games. We don't need drama, we need solid consistent leadership that intends to be here for the long haul and put the Oakland Raiders back where they belong. We have some weapons and a large war chest to work with, we need that field general pacing the sidelines and turn all these parts into a winning machine.

Mr. Harbaugh are you the man?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh, come to Oakland but leave that drama in San Fran, where the diva's belong.

Plenty of work to do, this is a blue collar town so bring your lunch pail and plan on plenty of overtime. We are hungry for a winner, and there is a proud legacy of smash mouth football to live up to.

We want to see the S&B back in the limelight, and hoist another Lombardi in Jack London Square.

It has been a long lost decade, and we are ready to put that in the rear-view and start winning football games. We don't need drama, we need solid consistent leadership that intends to be here for the long haul and put the Oakland Raiders back where they belong. We have some weapons and a large war chest to work with, we need that field general pacing the sidelines and turn all these parts into a winning machine.

Mr. Harbaugh are you the man?
The Raiders have been my second favorite team since the very early 70's and I would love to see them get back to being a powerhouse in the NFL............however, I don't have many nice things to say about Harbaugh or his asshole brother and I'm having a hard time getting excited about his possible move to Oakland. Isn't there anyone else available?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders have been my second favorite team since the very early 70's and I would love to see them get back to being a powerhouse in the NFL............however, I don't have many nice things to say about Harbaugh or his asshole brother and I'm having a hard time getting excited about his possible move to Oakland. Isn't there anyone else available?

I'd go after Holmgren since Gruden signed an extension with ESPN. If Holmgren is out of touch with the game or doesn't want it, the players love Sparano and he looks like a Raider coach. Plus, we are 3-2 in our last 5 games he hasn't had an offseason to get acclimated. I'd give him 2-3 years and have a good draft and chase some FA's.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go after Holmgren since Gruden signed an extension with ESPN. If Holmgren is out of touch with the game or doesn't want it, the players love Sparano and he looks like a Raider coach. Plus, we are 3-2 in our last 5 games he hasn't had an offseason to get acclimated. I'd give him 2-3 years and have a good draft and chase some FA's.
Can't say I'm a big fan of Sparano, but the Raiders are playing better for sure and maybe he deserves a couple of years to see if he learned something in Miami.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparano had trash at QB in Miami. In Oakland, he has Carr and he's a promising youngster and I absolutely love Murray. We need an elite #1 WR and a TE, Carr has very few weapons but he's managed to look solid and he's got a lot of cool, calm, and collected behind an average (at best) OL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Pennington on his last legs, in 2008 he was alright, but nothing special.
Matt Moore
Chad Henne
Tyler Thigpen

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also....Jason Tarver has to go. Whomever we bring in as HC should contact Rex Ryan to coach up the defense.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To tell the truth, Jim Harbaugh probably isn't my first choice, but he has the ties to the Bay Area, and he did some really good things in Stanford and with the 9ers, there are some issues that do give me pause, mostly related to the excessive drama and his reaction to some disturbing off the field incidents, after building a playoff contender they have suffered through a very inconsistent year, has he lost the locker room?

One thing for sure, this isn't a cake walk, simply hiring a high profile HC wont guarantee a winner, there is plenty of work to do, the Raiders have brought some high character players to the team, and despite a horrific losing streak they didn't give up, they need a high character leader to take them to the next level. Holmgren would seem to fit that mold, but can he still be at the top of the game?

Or does Sparano have a chance to lead this team in '15?

One thing for sure, it is nice to have choices, and it is also nice to know that Oakland is emerging from the lost decade with some encouraging options.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To tell the truth, Jim Harbaugh probably isn't my first choice, but he has the ties to the Bay Area, and he did some really good things in Stanford and with the 9ers, there are some issues that do give me pause, mostly related to the excessive drama and his reaction to some disturbing off the field incidents, after building a playoff contender they have suffered through a very inconsistent year, has he lost the locker room?

One thing for sure, this isn't a cake walk, simply hiring a high profile HC wont guarantee a winner, there is plenty of work to do, the Raiders have brought some high character players to the team, and despite a horrific losing streak they didn't give up, they need a high character leader to take them to the next level. Holmgren would seem to fit that mold, but can he still be at the top of the game?

Or does Sparano have a chance to lead this team in '15?

One thing for sure, it is nice to have choices, and it is also nice to know that Oakland is emerging from the lost decade with some encouraging options.
My biggest concern with Harbaugh is his lack of control over his emotions. As you said, this Raider team needs mature leadership and I don't consider many of Jim's antics very mature. It would appear at this point that you would get a coach who really knows his stuff and has pedigree, but is likely to have a fairly short shelf life.

I don't follow the Niners much at this point, but it seems to me that he should be living large on the other side of the bay right now giving the talent he has on his roster. Other than giving away a solid professional QB so he could try to prove to the world that Kaeperdick isn't a dope he really has no excuses for the mess he's made in SF.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this.. If we have to fire Reggie in order to hire Harbaugh?? I would rather pass on JH!! What is more important to a franchise?? A GM that truly knows how to draft, i mean RM is hitting in all rounds, as well as UDFAs etc.. Freaking books are so clean its crazy!! RM is similar to Jimmy Johnson, in that he knows talent period!! JH is toxic!! Rumors are starting to come out that his players didn't like him to much etc.. Heck TS out coached him when we played them for crying out loud!! Now don't get me wrong, i would take him, but as a coach ONLY!! If not he can kick rocks!! Suddenly Raider Fans that know the Game, are like man we need to KEEP RM.. Give me RMs draft picks, with a coach that knows how to coach, and i will show you a winning team!! With the wrong draft picks, a SUPERSTAR coach is nothing!!