• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Guardians @ M's: 4/1 - 4/3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think mariners.are..bad.
Marlins...are 0-7..after..
Gitting sweeped..by angels ..
And.they.went to the
Playoffs.
Last year...
And tried to demote their GM after their first playoff run in years who walked.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they look good .in Cleveland..game..

No..they did not...witch means..

They have stuff.to work on.

So they should get to it..

Times a waisting

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it.no shore leave..
Liberty..
Denighed..till they get it right..

Oops. Flash .back ..
Lololok.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explanation.

Civilian. Equal...your grounded..
Get to work..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it happened the offseason before and the offseason before that. How could this one be a surprise? Who would keep working for a guy that lies to him three years in a row just weeks before free agency? I don't buy it. He left the Angels because of a bad owner. Hard to believe he would put up with it a second time when he actually has value around the league for taking a bomb franchise and making them 'competitive'.

I. Don't. Buy. It.
I don’t think his value was all that high. Everyone was talking about how teams were trying to poach Hollander, didn’t hear anything about him. Seems he would e been an owners dream. But who knows, I won’t pretend to know anything other than speculation.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early in the season but I noticed something that just got me thinking.... The Marlins are 0-8 and are paying for driving out its top executive after a successful 2023 season. It doesn't seems like a minor regression. The M's on the hand, continue to reward bad decisions. Both are operating differently, but are making terrible decisions by ownerships.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year is the same thing. The same sales pitch, the same roster shifts they try to tell us makes them better, the same anger at US for losing hope fast when they come out of the gate with a thud.

Year
after
Year

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early in the season but I noticed something that just got me thinking.... The Marlins are 0-8 and are paying for driving out its top executive after a successful 2023 season. It doesn't seems like a minor regression. The M's on the hand, continue to reward bad decisions. Both are operating differently, but are making terrible decisions by ownerships.
The Mariners don’t necessarily need to fire the entire staff. They just have to make Jerry accountable to someone for his moves.

Not to defend ownership but Jerry went into 2022 and drastically raised the budget to sign an ace, Jerry went back and asked for more money for another ace. Requested money to sign the biggest extension in pro sports history and they got bounced in the ALCS. What part of that says Jerry deserves to sign another $30 million AAV guy?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to hear the A's chant from last year: "Sell the team!"
I wouldn’t be sad for a second if they sold the team, even to an outside investor … I’ll happily take the Sonics back and the M’s can go away.. I love baseball, it’s a fun sport, but the way this organization treats its loyal fans is pathetic …

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year is the same thing. The same sales pitch, the same roster shifts they try to tell us makes them better, the same anger at US for losing hope fast when they come out of the gate with a thud.

Year
after
Year
I got rid of Root Sports... First time in my life i'm not watching the M's... People/fans gotta speak up if they want change... Root sports subscription is down 1/3 over the last 4 years...

This day and age, seems like there is more complaining than ever from fans but the fans don't want to make the necessary sacrifices to bring change (Not talking about you but just in general)...

For example, the attendance was very good the first 6 games... With that said, why would ownership make changes? It's not hurting their pocket book...

Now with the Root sports, i'll be curious to see what the M's due to try and revive revenue through root when the contract is up next year.... I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to a streaming app that requires a monthly subscription fee...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are only 8 games into a 162 season and already we are jumping to conclusions

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got rid of Root Sports... First time in my life i'm not watching the M's... People/fans gotta speak up if they want change... Root sports subscription is down 1/3 over the last 4 years...

This day and age, seems like there is more complaining than ever from fans but the fans don't want to make the necessary sacrifices to bring change (Not talking about you but just in general)...

For example, the attendance was very good the first 6 games... With that said, why would ownership make changes? It's not hurting their pocket book...

Now with the Root sports, i'll be curious to see what the M's due to try and revive revenue through root when the contract is up next year.... I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to a streaming app that requires a monthly subscription fee...
This is why I want someone to find what other investments the owners have and boycott those though instead of the team.

The one thing that sucks as a fan is the team can up and move if there isn’t support for the team. But if there is a way for us to boycott their investments it would basically force them to sell the team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are only 8 games into a 162 season and already we are jumping to conclusions
It’s a marathon of a season for sure, but this team is weaker than last year or the year before.. We don’t have the offense to compete with Texas or the Astros… We did nothing to improve over the last 2 years when this team was on the verge… M’s ownership BS’d it’s fan base … This team will end under .500, that’s my prediction, this offense is terrible …

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every opposing team’s broadcasters should make fun of Jerry for it. How many media markets could that have gone over well. I see Red Sox and Yankees fans wanting people fired for way less.
I would say none. Yes there's shit teams but even their GM's aren't stupid enough to make dumb comments like Jerry did.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example...Baltimore.
And Tampa had.over 600.
Pct..last year..
But..blue jays had..

549..pct or ave.of wins..
Or 54.pct.

.but .show.me where every.
Team does that..every.year..

If it was..it would be dodgers. .yankees....
Atlanta...

Like that..