• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Guardians @ M's: 4/1 - 4/3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dipoto may be gone soon so it doesn't matter.
Well, Dipoto did what the ownership wanted, dump salary and sell it to the fans like it’s a good thing.. His job is probably secure …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"BuT tHiS tEaM sCorEd dA mOst RuNs iN SprInG TrAininG!"

Start hanging the "Most Runs Scored Spring Training 2024" boys.

Oh and guess what? They've got wayyyy more strikeouts than they do hits. Even worse, a 6:1 SO/RS ratio. It's a horrific start offensively.
Mariners are 1-20 in the last 2 games with runners in scoring position … This offense sucks REAL bad … Defense has sucked also ..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Dipoto did what the ownership wanted, dump salary and sell it to the fans like it’s a good thing.. His job is probably secure …
Maybe he doesn't want to be back.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double edged sword for any gm here. Owners fire them as a pr stunt and get the next yes man to take over spouting the same old shit. Dime a dozen and management couldn't care less as long as they keep saying how much they "care" about winning.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a rant. I hate the whole it’s early thing. I could see the point except since 2021 this franchise has proven that early matters when missing the playoffs by a couple of games
Two things that get me pissed off regarding Mariners discussions.

1- It is still early (we missed the playoffs by 1 game last year so April matters)
2- Owners screwed Dipoto with a cheap budget. I hate Stanton, but there are several teams that have been better than the M's over the last few years with less of a team payroll. Yes we should be top 7 in payroll, but a good GM can still build a winner in the mid payroll rankings.

I feel better...lol. Not really pissed because there is nothing happening that wasn't expected. Sign crap, play like crap. Yes they will get better for a time then go back to the keystone routine, but the franchise gets what they deserve. It is only the fans that take it in the shorts...but then again if they still go out and bankroll this owner by attending games I guess they get what they deserve as well.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't sell it well with his 54% comment. Even Red Sox announcers took shots at Dippy's comments making this organization looking like a clown show

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1- It is still early (we missed the playoffs by 1 game last year so April matters)
2- Owners screwed Dipoto with a cheap budget. I hate Stanton, but there are several teams that have been better than the M's over the last few years with less of a team payroll. Yes we should be top 7 in payroll, but a good GM can still build a winner in the mid payroll rankings.

I feel better...lol. Not really pissed because there is nothing happening that wasn't expected. Sign crap, play like crap. Yes they will get better for a time then go back to the keystone routine, but the franchise gets what they deserve. It is only the fans that take it in the shorts...but then again if they still go out and bankroll this owner by attending games I guess they get what they deserve as well.
Fans will always show up being the nature of the beast but they need to be loud and vocal every game they get blown out, blow a late lead, or can't hit. Continue booing the players for their poor at bats especially with RISP.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans will always show up being the nature of the beast but they need to be loud and vocal every game they get blown out, blow a late lead, or can't hit. Continue booing the players for their poor at bats especially with RISP.
I want to hear the A's chant from last year: "Sell the team!"

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found an organization that is as out of touch with their fanbase as the Mariners:

Trail Blazers are launching "Fan Appreciation Week" on Friday. As a fan what would you appreciate most? NBA franchise is giving the first 10k fans in the arena for (April 12) game vs. Rockets a special-edition basketball lip balm.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jage
@thejagepage
·
3h

So after some light research...The Jerry Dipoto Show had aired basically every Thursday, from March '22 to October '23, with the exception of the holiday weeks in December '22.Since the presser apology episode, it has only been done once - on 1/30/24.
Now tbc, I will not assume anything has happened unless something is said by the show hosts or 710 directly - but the frequency of the show is definitely significantly less than it was over the past two seasons.
I'll keep an eye out for if/when TJDS will be back - but for right now, I'm not sure when the next recap will be.Hopefully we'll get an answer from someone, as I do like recapping for everyone - but until then, it seems like the schedule at minimum is more sporadic than past.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The whole payroll thing is an excuse, but I am really curious if Jerry will ever say who he wanted? None of us would’ve expected the payroll to be raised by $50 million. All reports are they had zero interest in Snell before the budget restrictions were put on. So just curious as to what free agent that Jerry thinks he could’ve gotten that would’ve put the team over the hump. He wouldn’t give the extra year to Semien so can’t imagine he would’ve been in on any of the top guys.

I wish he would be honest cause he made the Urias trade before the budget thing too and at that time he still had Geno and Kelenic. He could’ve gotten Polanco with Teo’s money. So I am really wondering who is the big fish that would’ve put them over the top everyone says Stanton hampered him with.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he would be honest cause he made the Urias trade before the budget thing too and at that time he still had Geno and Kelenic. He could’ve gotten Polanco with Teo’s money. So I am really wondering who is the big fish that would’ve put them over the top everyone says Stanton hampered him with.
Assuming there was a late budget thing. I still think they all knew about what the budget would be way in advance including good ole Jerry.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't sell it well with his 54% comment. Even Red Sox announcers took shots at Dippy's comments making this organization looking like a clown show
Every opposing team’s broadcasters should make fun of Jerry for it. How many media markets could that have gone over well. I see Red Sox and Yankees fans wanting people fired for way less.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming there was a late budget thing. I still think they all knew about what the budget would be way in advance including good ole Jerry.
I don’t know. Maybe, but Jerry just seemed like a different dude at the 54% press conference and winter meetings when he semi admitted the payroll restriction.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. Maybe, but Jerry just seemed like a different dude at the 54% press conference and winter meetings when he semi admitted the payroll restriction.
But it happened the offseason before and the offseason before that. How could this one be a surprise? Who would keep working for a guy that lies to him three years in a row just weeks before free agency? I don't buy it. He left the Angels because of a bad owner. Hard to believe he would put up with it a second time when he actually has value around the league for taking a bomb franchise and making them 'competitive'.

I. Don't. Buy. It.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think mariners.are..bad.

Marlins...are 0-7..after..
Gitting sweeped..by angels ..
And.they.went to the
Playoffs.