• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gruden's end of season presser

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it isnt just a pound of flesh BS

what it is , is you all are so far gone that you are paralyzed into making a move . thurman and gray are very doable for us for the right money

haslett stinks face it , take meds if needed but we need a change period

the excuses are over with . he has had 1/2 a decade

waiting 5 years isnt knee jerk . he has been given plenty of time and we see the same coaching mistakes over and over again

he has had 5 years he has had 18 avg years at best and no one has put up any turnover stats for 18 years that they claim is his saving grace

so you can say what you want about me . i have given you 18 years of stats and it is avg at best

so put up or shut up

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point dude. You have made up your mind, I mean after all the real problem wasnt that the offense has averaged less than 20 points per game over the last five years save for 2012. It has nothing to do with the fact that we generally have th worst third down and redzone conversion rate in the league. Also nothing to with with Special teams giving up an average of another 25 or so points a season. Funny that you wont accept average from the least talented unit on the team. But you were willing to accept average from the most expensive experiment in NFL history.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the point dude. You have made up your mind, I mean after all the real problem wasnt that the offense has averaged less than 20 points per game over the last five years save for 2012. It has nothing to do with the fact that we generally have th worst third down and redzone conversion rate in the league. Also nothing to with with Special teams giving up an average of another 25 or so points a season. Funny that you wont accept average from the least talented unit on the team. But you were willing to accept average from the most expensive experiment in NFL history.

fine put up the stats because i havent seen one that backs your claim you said he was top in giving up points and forcing turnovers . i havent seen stat one that backs that claim

i will not listen to the offense excuse either

baltimore is a teams that had crappy offenses and yet went to and won superbowls with their defense carrying them

arizona and san fran had major injuries and still fielded good defenses

i gave him his chance THIS season . i allowed that shanny hand cuffed him in play calling but what happened ? same old same old

i dont accept avg from the most expensive experiment in history either . i am on record as wanting Rg3 gone . he got his 3 ,he didnt do it , that is it with me i gave haslett 5

but what does Rg3 have to do with haslett ? answer , nothing because we are talking about haslett not RG3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fine put up the stats because i havent seen one that backs your claim you said he was top in giving up points and forcing turnovers . i havent seen stat one that backs that claim

i will not listen to the offense excuse either

baltimore is a teams that had crappy offenses and yet went to and won superbowls with their defense carrying them

arizona and san fran had major injuries and still fielded good defenses

i gave him his chance THIS season . i allowed that shanny hand cuffed him in play calling but what happened ? same old same old

i dont accept avg from the most expensive experiment in history either . i am on record as wanting Rg3 gone . he got his 3 ,he didnt do it , that is it with me i gave haslett 5

but what does Rg3 have to do with haslett ? answer , nothing because we are talking about haslett not RG3

sacks int
1996 7 25
1997 6 6
1998 12 17
1999 17 23
2000 1 9
2001 2 20
2002 t12 7
2003 21 20
2004 17 24
2005 31 26
2006 19 13
2007 21 10
2008 t 16 t 21

Only thing I didnt dig out was forced fumbles. Thats six seasons where his defenses have been in the top ten or tied with top ten for sacks. 3 where his defenses have been in the top ten for INTs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Baltimore, yes they had an offense that didnt score alot, but they also didnt turn the ball over, maintained time of possesion even if they werent scoring, and didnt have a special teams unit good for 3-5 points given up per game.

Can you even remotely say the same for the redskins over the past five years??

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question for those who say we cant do any worse than Haslett.

If you were a young up and coming coach, would you take this job knowing how many well established and respected coaches flamed out in DC??

Of course I would and so would any other up and comer. That's what coaches do, they seek out opportunities. How many candidates have turned down the chance to coach the Cleveland Browns over the decades? There is always an up and comer who would LOVE the chance to show that he can turn around a horrible situation if given the chance.

I totally agree with post earlier that is pathetic that some want to keep a guy who was terrible here because someone else could be worse. That is loser talk big time. It literally can't get much worse than where we are right now.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I would and so would any other up and comer. That's what coaches do, they seek out opportunities. How many candidates have turned down the chance to coach the Cleveland Browns over the decades? There is always an up and comer who would LOVE the chance to show that he can turn around a horrible situation if given the chance.

I totally agree with post earlier that is pathetic that some want to keep a guy who was terrible here because someone else could be worse. That is loser talk big time. It literally can't get much worse than where we are right now.

I hope you aren't talking about me. If so, you need to read my posts in this thread.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A young up and coming coach is smart enough to know when a situation is toxic and when to stay away. We might get some one younger, but its highly telling that aside from Gruden, we had alot more people saying they didnt want to be interviewed for our HC position last year.

BUt fine, I hope they do exact the pound of flesh to make everyone feel better that some one was held responsible for another bad season.

I do however reserve the right to say I told you so when we end up with a truly bad defense of epic proportions which is what I fully expect.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sacks int
1996 7 25
1997 6 6
1998 12 17
1999 17 23
2000 1 9
2001 2 20
2002 t12 7
2003 21 20
2004 17 24
2005 31 26
2006 19 13
2007 21 10
2008 t 16 t 21

Only thing I didnt dig out was forced fumbles. Thats six seasons where his defenses have been in the top ten or tied with top ten for sacks. 3 where his defenses have been in the top ten for INTs.

and in 12 others they didnt and he was also awful in total defense . so 2/3's of the time he was avg or worse in those 2 depts and mediocre in all the rest so we should keep him on the off chance his 1/3 will work out in year 6 or 7 or 8 ?

and ignore points allowed

and yet in 5 seasons here he needs yet some more time because sunspots arent aligned properly

in 5 years he couldnt get his defenders to communicate and be in the right defense . to stop blown coverages , to teach tackling and angles ? to make adjustments ?

sorry but 5 years is more then enough time to figure it out

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in 12 others they didnt and he was also awful in total defense . so 2/3's of the time he was avg or worse in those 2 depts and mediocre in all the rest so we should keep him on the off chance his 1/3 will work out in year 6 or 7 or 8 ?

and ignore points allowed

and yet in 5 seasons here he needs yet some more time because sunspots arent aligned properly

in 5 years he couldnt get his defenders to communicate and be in the right defense . to stop blown coverages , to teach tackling and angles ? to make adjustments ?

sorry but 5 years is more then enough time to figure it out

Dude, we havent been able to teach a supposed fucking FRANCHISE QB how to read defenses and throw the ball away. And you think its a flaw that a coach cant take the dregs of the league and whip them into shape?? As a team we have zero accountability, that starts from the top and works its way down.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, I would prefer to keep Haslett because simply put if any one can fuck up a coaching hire worse, its our front office. Actually give the man a complete defense and judge him against it. Or bring in some young guy in over his head, hand him the same type of shitty pieces, and continue to blame the coaches.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, I would prefer to keep Haslett because simply put if any one can fuck up a coaching hire worse, its our front office. Actually give the man a complete defense and judge him against it. Or bring in some young guy in over his head, hand him the same type of shitty pieces, and continue to blame the coaches.

so we keep crappy coaches because you are afraid ? there are plenty of good positional coaches who would jump at the chance to coach NFL players and heck even be apart of the rebirth of the redskins

and what happens on offense and how we develop them falls on that staff

we are talking defense here not offense not special teams but defense

he has had 18 years of complete defenses and he is what he is bus driving average

his 1st season it was a new 3-4 year 2 needed more players years 3-4 he was handcuffed , year 5 its injuries . sorry but his career has shown what he is a bus driver at best

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we keep crappy coaches because you are afraid ? there are plenty of good positional coaches who would jump at the chance to coach NFL players and heck even be apart of the rebirth of the redskins

and what happens on offense and how we develop them falls on that staff

we are talking defense here not offense not special teams but defense

he has had 18 years of complete defenses and he is what he is bus driving average

his 1st season it was a new 3-4 year 2 needed more players years 3-4 he was handcuffed , year 5 its injuries . sorry but his career has shown what he is a bus driver at best

NO we keep a decent coach that has been handed shitty talent to work with. And i use the word talent VERY loosely in alot of respects.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeeeeeeezzz, take a little bit of time awaycand people have lost their minds............Haslett stays!!!!!!..........why? Because nothing has changed at knucklehead headquarters. I read all of the posts here and NOT ONE mentioned a reason for the team (considering their backward thinking) to fire this guy. Using anything close to reasoned logic is the wrong approach to understanding Snyder thought. Allen thought on the other hand is even more complicated in that it requires one to apply felonious dick sucking prior to reaching unreasonable conclusions. All in all Haslett stays and Gruden will accept it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO we keep a decent coach that has been handed shitty talent to work with. And i use the word talent VERY loosely in alot of respects.

After 5 seasons.........any chance the decent coach will get handed less shitty "talent" to work with?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 5 seasons.........any chance the decent coach will get handed less shitty "talent" to work with?

I think there is a better likelihood of them FINALLY investing in the defense than there is of Rex or Wade Magically taking the same shitty talent level and fielding a top ten defense.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the theme for redskins'is haslett did not have the talent to do good this is crazy fire the bitch fire allen didn't london fleatcher say haselett would make the 85 bears defense look bad stymie is right fire the big heads

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the theme for redskins'is haslett did not have the talent to do good this is crazy fire the bitch fire allen didn't london fleatcher say haselett would make the 85 bears defense look bad stymie is right fire the big heads

And the theme for last year was... Mike Shanahan quit on the team and it was all his fault RG3 failed. Remind me again how that worked out???