• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gruden's end of season presser

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess this is disturbing to quite a few.

Im 50/50 on the Smith thing, although I think he has more chops than Allen when it comes to picking players.

On Haslett, Im interested to see if they REALLY commit to fixing the Defense in all three phases.

And i agree that there do need to be other staff and quite a few player changes.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast Dad not so fast. Gruden said changes will be made and things will be different from the previous yrs. He also said
Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder.will make the final
decision. Gruden say he will have his word of support for Haslett but that was about it. Now there are some who think Haslett has not been given enough talent and this is true to a certain degree. However Has haslett been here 5 yrs now and no improvement. Yes there have been a few bright spots here and there but nothing consistent. He had one yr which was okay but he must go. There's just to many flaws in has
philosophy. I know that letting
Haslett go doesn't mean our def problems will be fixed but we need to
go in a new direction, new idea's and
philosophy etc. Hopefully Allen and Synder will do the right thing. I would like to see us bring in a young upcoming DEF cord and give them some edge rushers and 2 good safties.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast Dad not so fast. Gruden said changes will be made and things will be different from the previous yrs. He also said
decision. Gruden say he will have his word of support for Haslett but that was about it. Now there are some who think Haslett has not been given enough talent and this is true to a certain degree. However Has haslett been here 5 yrs now and no improvement. Yes there have been a few bright spots here and there but nothing consistent. He had one yr which was okay but he must go. There's just to many flaws in has
philosophy etc. Hopefully Allen and Synder will do the right thing. I would like to see us bring in a young upcoming DEF cord and give them some edge rushers and 2 good safties.

Exactly.
Haslett will be gone by Wednesday the latest imo

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again I will simply ask, if you are at your job for five years and constantly given half the tools to do your job, yet expected to improve on the performance, how well would you really think you would do??

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we keep'haslett I'm not buying anymore skins stuff fuck that shit

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I will simply ask, if you are at your job for five years and constantly given half the tools to do your job, yet expected to improve on the performance, how well would you really think you would do??

All shark you cunning. I know you want Has gone. But let's look at your scenario. One has to do the best he can improvisation adaptation and simplification. The company which hired you must know this from day one if you can handle it especially if you been out of work for 2 yrs (Haslett) Now the question is how in the hell did you get that job, knowing you have a bad record on a consistent bases. That's says alot about who hired you in the first place and to top it off allow you hang around 5 yrs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All shark you cunning. I know you want Has gone. But let's look at your scenario. One has to do the best he can improvisation adaptation and simplification. The company which hired you must know this from day one if you can handle it especially if you been out of work for 2 yrs (Haslett) Now the question is how in the hell did you get that job, knowing you have a bad record on a consistent bases. That's says alot about who hired you in the first place and to top it off allow you hang around 5 yrs.

Actually I dont want him gone. For the simple fact that I think our front office has a habit of fucking up the simplest choices. And I got a bad feeling they will do exactly what people around here have been pining for. Hire Wade Phillips, or Rex Ryan. You dont fix this thing by changing coaches and systems yet again. You also dont fix it by bringing an average DC (which is what Haslett is) And then telling him, we are going to give you some of the shittiest, injury prone pieces to field a defense and expect miracles. Admittedly Im a Haslett fan because when he does have the pieces, his teams might not max out in yards given up, or even points given up. But when he has the pieces the man does know how to bring pressure and create turn overs. You do realize that aside from DC, every place he has gone his teams have been at or near top production in sacks and turn overs forced right?? He plays a high risk high reward defense. Yet has been handed players you dare not take too many risks and coupled with an offense that cant capitalize on the few rewards he does provide.

I say give the man a real fucking pass rush, and maybe 3/4 of a complete secondary and see what he can actually do. I never expected him to field a top ten defense in yards, because thats not who he is. And i generally expected us to be middle of the pack in points given up, because with great risk does come getting burned as well. But for fuck sake the man was put in a three legged race with a one legged man who just had his one good knee rebuilt.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslett needs to go period

Need fresh voices and no more excuses

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslett needs to go period

Need fresh voices and no more excuses

If thats the way we are rolling... then a lot more than just Haslett needs to go. And Im not referring to coaches either.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats the way we are rolling... then a lot more than just Haslett needs to go. And Im not referring to coaches either.

morris can go with him

i like the LB coach because kerrigan , and the young guys like murp, jeffcoat and williams looked good

the o/line coach can go as well

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
morris can go with him

i like the LB coach because kerrigan , and the young guys like murp, jeffcoat and williams looked good

the o/line coach can go as well

Notice I said I wasnt talking about coaches. Any one that cant stay healthy enough to play 13 out of 16 games should be cut. Any one that we need to make more excuses for their production or lack there of, needs gone. So basically any one who has been on roster for the past 3-4 years and has played less than 39- 52 games should be cut, traded or otherwise shown the door.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice I said I wasnt talking about coaches. Any one that cant stay healthy enough to play 13 out of 16 games should be cut. Any one that we need to make more excuses for their production or lack there of, needs gone. So basically any one who has been on roster for the past 3-4 years and has played less than 39- 52 games should be cut, traded or otherwise shown the door.

well i have a thread that addresses the people who should stay or go

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got'to'be crazy to defend haselett holy cow

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced Shark takes these positions just to argue. So if Kerrigan broke a wrist and missed 5 games he should be cut? Makes about as much sense as your defense of a DC who has not just been bad for his few years here he has been bad his entire coaching career.

Waiting for you to promote Rich Kotite as our next head coach. Dude got a raw deal right?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the presser I heard the outtakes. Sure he defended Haz and said he would recommend he be kept. While this may be true let's not assume it's true. Where you guys expecting him to announce in his presser that he was going to fire the guy?

With that said I have felt all along that he wanted to keep Haslett. But the point that jumped out at me was that he said it was an organizational decision, he said that a few weeks ago as well. In other words not his call. He also said that all 3 are on the same page and that he will be on board with every decision the organization makes, even if he did not agree with it. That tells me Haz should not be leaving any clothes at the dry cleaners.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the presser I heard the outtakes. Sure he defended Haz and said he would recommend he be kept. While this may be true let's not assume it's true. Where you guys expecting him to announce in his presser that he was going to fire the guy?

With that said I have felt all along that he wanted to keep Haslett. But the point that jumped out at me was that he said it was an organizational decision, he said that a few weeks ago as well. In other words not his call. He also said that all 3 are on the same page and that he will be on board with every decision the organization makes, even if he did not agree with it. That tells me Haz should not be leaving any clothes at the dry cleaners.

I hope they actually do their due diligence before any decisions are made. Spend time evaluating who is available, would they consider coming here, and if they would actually be an upgrade or just change for changes sake. There is no rush. Hassett is under contract so he is going nowhere. Making a change just to get a new body in here is what we have done for 15 years. I'm no fan of Haslett, but if we can't upgrade the talent over him, then why make the change?

Its my opinion that they will soon realize that those coaches that are better than Haz won't come here, so we will most likely suffer through another season with Haz as our DC.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make the change? Because he sucks. We know this, we do not know what some hungry up and coming coach could provide. I mean really could it be any worse? Stand pat and you have a shitty defensive coordinator, that's it. Makes zero sense to do that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make the change? Because he sucks. We know this, we do not know what some hungry up and coming coach could provide. I mean really could it be any worse? Stand pat and you have a shitty defensive coordinator, that's it. Makes zero sense to do that.

Believe it or not, it could be worse. Does the name I'm Zorn ring a bell? I bet if they do make a change, they fire Haslett and promote Morris. That could be worse. Or they end up with another retread that can't get a job anywhere else, give him a big contract and we are stuck with him for 3-5 years.

Again, I'm not a fan of Hazlett and I would love to see us upgrade. But anytime you make a rash decision just to run away from something, it rarely turns out well. Any DC worth his salt will look at our situation and say why would I go there? There are going to be numerous DC jobs opening up in the next few weeks. Ours has to be on the bottom of most lists. Which means we again get the dregs of the league.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Jim Zorn have to do with a new DC? Haz has been here for 5 years. His defense has been terrible all around in each of those 5 years and especially bad at creating turnovers, the very reason he was brought in and the very reason they switched to the 3-4. After 5 years I would hardly call it a rash decision to go in another direction. In fact it would be crazy not to do so.

He has had his chance to show that he can elevate marginal talent. He has failed miserably. And again this is not his first rodeo, he has always had bad defenses. Saying he has had bad talent for every one of those 15 years takes excuse making to another level.

Last edited by a moderator: