• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gregory Polanco and Alen Hanson

tsmbaseball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Altoona Curve traveled to Erie, Pennsylvania to take on the Erie SeaWolves this weekend. While the iPhone is limited without a zoom on the video, we still got to see some pretty good at bats from Alen Hanson and Gregory Polanco.

If you want to check out some video of their at bats, you can check it out here. Hanson finished 0-2 with a walk and a sacrifice bunt and Polanco finished 1-4. When you see Gregory Polanco, you get a pretty good idea of his potential. Physically he instantly reminded me of a younger Vladimir Guerrero.

Both Polanco and Hansen made some mental errors on defense, but they were a lot of fun to watch today.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good writeup and videos. Both seem to have very clean swings, as well as good approaches.

tsmbaseball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks! Both Hanson and Polanco faced SeaWolves pitcher Warwick Saupold, who's been solid all season. He was throwing 90-93 with his fastball and kept hitters off balance with his breaking stuff, so it kept all the Altoona hitters off balance and working hard in their at bats.

Polanco just glides everywhere; down the basepaths and in the outfield. He's going to be a lot of fun to watch develop over the next couple of seasons.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Polanco is very exciting right now. After a slow start in AA he has turned it up a notch in august and he is now putting up counting stats that are pretty similar to what he had in high A, except that he is striking out less and drawing more walks. He looks like he could be a better player than marte.

tsmbaseball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to hoping! While it would have been a huge boost Pittsburgh's lineup for the next three years to have acquired a player like Giancarlo Stanton, I'm glad they held onto both Polanco and Hanson. More years of control, way cheaper, and potentially more helpful all-around players.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info that was great.

Not to change the subject but you know it brings back memories the last time I was at game in Erie at old Ainsworth Field back in '89 to watch of all people Pete Rose Jr.

tsmbaseball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info that was great.

Not to change the subject but you know it brings back memories the last time I was at game in Erie at old Ainsworth Field back in '89 to watch of all people Pete Rose Jr.

Oh, wow! Ainsworth is one of those 'vintage' stadiums you had to visit to appreciate it. If you've ever been to Jamestown, NY to see a NY-PENN League game, it's a lot like that. Our high school had the opportunity to play some playoff games there after they built Jerry Uht Park.

The Erie Times just wrote an article about how Bill Murray was once part owner of the Erie Sailors when they played at Ainsworth and stopped into town to hang out with the team. Pretty neat chunks of history at that ball field.

What'd you think of Pete Rose Jr. when you saw him play??

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, wow! Ainsworth is one of those 'vintage' stadiums you had to visit to appreciate it. If you've ever been to Jamestown, NY to see a NY-PENN League game, it's a lot like that. Our high school had the opportunity to play some playoff games there after they built Jerry Uht Park.

The Erie Times just wrote an article about how Bill Murray was once part owner of the Erie Sailors when they played at Ainsworth and stopped into town to hang out with the team. Pretty neat chunks of history at that ball field.

What'd you think of Pete Rose Jr. when you saw him play??

Never been to the stadium in Jamestown but heard it was cool.

Funny info about Bill Murray didn't know that as for Rose Jr. honestly I don't remember much about his game play except the fanfare around him. If I remember correctly that was his first pro season.

tsmbaseball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polanco has been promoted to Indianapolis for the playoffs.

I really think, after watching him play a couple times in person and quite a bit on MiLB TV, that Polanco is going to be a great player for Pittsburgh in a couple of seasons.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Pittsburgh at some point next season.