• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotta weird feeling about UGAy vs. LSUx

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference in this matchup is the QB play.

I got Georgia in this one

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. He had double digit wins 7 times, won a NC, played for 2. That's not bad for an 11 year career.

Yeah, maybe your right........just drove me nuts with his flakey crap, ya know?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never easy to win in Baton Rouge.

I'm not worried at all about the moment being too big for the team, but I do worry about them just straight up getting beat.

Been a lot of sloppy games this year. I'm hoping a lot of that is due to them jumping out to multiple score leads early and then taking their foot off the gas for a stretch.

But we played the best game we played all season last week. For my money, Jake Fromm played the best game of his career and only played a little more than a half, and he separated himself from Fields a bit IMO. The offense finally had done what I hoped it would do all season, and after the first couple of series, the defense started imposing their will until the 3rd string freshman brigade came in the 4th quarter.

If we play to our potential we win. If we play like we did against Tennessee, we lose.

It's an afternoon game, not at night, so that helps the cause, and as far as fan intensity goes, South Carolina is up there with LSU fans.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never easy to win in Baton Rouge.

I'm not worried at all about the moment being too big for the team, but I do worry about them just straight up getting beat.

Been a lot of sloppy games this year. I'm hoping a lot of that is due to them jumping out to multiple score leads early and then taking their foot off the gas for a stretch.

But we played the best game we played all season last week. For my money, Jake Fromm played the best game of his career and only played a little more than a half, and he separated himself from Fields a bit IMO. The offense finally had done what I hoped it would do all season, and after the first couple of series, the defense started imposing their will until the 3rd string freshman brigade came in the 4th quarter.

If we play to our potential we win. If we play like we did against Tennessee, we lose.

It's an afternoon game, not at night, so that helps the cause, and as far as fan intensity goes, South Carolina is up there with LSU fans.

UGA wins by double digits. The only thing that keeps the game from being a blowout is it being in Baton Rouge.

Florida broke LSU, and UGA will finish them off. UGA 31-20...you can bank on it. :D

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The level they're used to was.....Les friggin Miles.........he didn't set the bar very high.

He just won an NC, had probably the best team ever to not win a NC because they had to play us twice, and put a ton of guys in the pros.

Say what you want about Les, but that man was the best coach they've had in 50 years outside of Saban.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe your right........just drove me nuts with his flakey crap, ya know?

Kind of like doing an onside kick in the National Championship game when you have arguably the best defense in the country AND you aren't even losing?

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just won an NC, had probably the best team ever to not win a NC because they had to play us twice, and put a ton of guys in the pros.

Say what you want about Les, but that man was the best coach they've had in 50 years outside of Saban.

He won the 07' championship with Sabans freshman and sophomore class. Saban left him a full war chest to work out of. Had he NOT won one he would have really sucked.
As far as playing Bama twice, so what? Bama had to play them twice also, and Lsu WON the first game, which I was at.
He was totally out coached in the rematch. He made NO adjustments from game 1 to game 2, which showed his lack of forethought as a coach.
As far as putting a ton of players in the pros, no he didn't, the PLAYERS put themselves in the pros.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won the 07' championship with Sabans freshman and sophomore class. Saban left him a full war chest to work out of. Had he NOT won one he would have really sucked.
As far as playing Bama twice, so what? Bama had to play them twice also, and Lsu WON the first game, which I was at.
He was totally out coached in the rematch. He made NO adjustments from game 1 to game 2, which showed his lack of forethought as a coach.
As far as putting a ton of players in the pros, no he didn't, the PLAYERS put themselves in the pros.

Yes, he won with a lot of players he didn't recruit, but he still won. How old are you? Do you not remember Alabama before Saban? We would have killed for a Les Miles to come here, instead we were coached by the Dubose, Franchione, Shula, and other guys who aren't even close to the level of coach that Les is. How quickly some Bama fans forget how the times were before Saban.

Rematches never favor the teams that won the first one. We saw it last year with Auburn vs UGA, and that year with LSU and Bama. Plus, if you look at that schedule LSU played the year, they had the hardest schedule in the nation bar none.

The only thing that stopped Les from getting multiple championships is the fact he never was able to develop a QB. So while I'm not saying he is not to blame for this, to belittle his accomplishments and what he did for the SEC and LSU is beyond laughable.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he won with a lot of players he didn't recruit, but he still won. How old are you? Do you not remember Alabama before Saban? We would have killed for a Les Miles to come here, instead we were coached by the Dubose, Franchione, Shula, and other guys who aren't even close to the level of coach that Les is. How quickly some Bama fans forget how the times were before Saban.

Rematches never favor the teams that won the first one. We saw it last year with Auburn vs UGA, and that year with LSU and Bama. Plus, if you look at that schedule LSU played the year, they had the hardest schedule in the nation bar none.

The only thing that stopped Les from getting multiple championships is the fact he never was able to develop a QB. So while I'm not saying he is not to blame for this, to belittle his accomplishments and what he did for the SEC and LSU is beyond laughable.

What has my age got to so with it? But to answer your stupid question I am old enough to have watched Johnny Musso and Joe Namath....in person. So yes, I remember football pre-Saban. Dubose was a mistake. That was in the days when Bama brass still believed it had to be a "Bama guy." Franchione was a good hire, problem was Bama mislead him into believing that the sanctions wouldn't be that bad and when Franchione saw the writing on the wall, he left. Shula was nothing more than a "safe" hire after the Mike Price fiasco. Shula actually did a pretty good job considering he was on probation.
But back to Miles, you made my point for me when you say that Miles could not develop a qb......you're correct.
Btw, I didn't belittle his accomplishments, my opinion is that he should have done more with top 5-10 recruiting classes every single friggin year.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has my age got to so with it? But to answer your stupid question I am old enough to have watched Johnny Musso and Joe Namath....in person. So yes, I remember football pre-Saban. Dubose was a mistake. That was in the days when Bama brass still believed it had to be a "Bama guy." Franchione was a good hire, problem was Bama mislead him into believing that the sanctions wouldn't be that bad and when Franchione saw the writing on the wall, he left. Shula was nothing more than a "safe" hire after the Mike Price fiasco. Shula actually did a pretty good job considering he was on probation.
But back to Miles, you made my point for me when you say that Miles could not develop a qb......you're correct.
Btw, I didn't belittle his accomplishments, my opinion is that he should have done more with top 5-10 recruiting classes every single friggin year.

I asked about age because you sound like a petulant, uneducated child. And, having seen the massive influx of uneducated Alabama supporters since Saban joined, I assumed you could be one of them.

Should he have done more with his recruiting classes? Possibly so, but winning a NC is hard as hell, and he still had to go up against Saban every year. Saban is a master at adapting to the change of the game, and not relaying on tactics that worked 5-10 years ago. But you mentioned Les and his 'wacky' ways, but that worked for him a lot of times and Saban has done crazier things (ie onside kick in the 4th quarter of a tied NC game), so really the difference is Saban's have mostly panned out better so we don't see him as a risky guy.

You hold Les to such a high standard, that it seems crazy. He achieved so much more than Sumlin, Brian Kelly, Harbaugh, and all of the post Pete Carroll coaches, and those schools are much larger than LSU.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked about age because you sound like a petulant, uneducated child. And, having seen the massive influx of uneducated Alabama supporters since Saban joined, I assumed you could be one of them.

Should he have done more with his recruiting classes? Possibly so, but winning a NC is hard as hell, and he still had to go up against Saban every year. Saban is a master at adapting to the change of the game, and not relaying on tactics that worked 5-10 years ago. But you mentioned Les and his 'wacky' ways, but that worked for him a lot of times and Saban has done crazier things (ie onside kick in the 4th quarter of a tied NC game), so really the difference is Saban's have mostly panned out better so we don't see him as a risky guy.

You hold Les to such a high standard, that it seems crazy. He achieved so much more than Sumlin, Brian Kelly, Harbaugh, and all of the post Pete Carroll coaches, and those schools are much larger than LSU.

I seem like the child, yet you're the one calling me retarded in your first response to MY post, that wasn't even directed to you??? Might wanna look in the mirror next time bud.

And Miles DIDN'T have to go up against Saban every year like you said. Saban was in the Nfl for Miles' first 2 years. As a Bama fan I would think you would know that.
I'm not holding Miles "to such a high standard", I just said he should have done better with top recruiting classes every year, imho, but he didn't. And apparently I was right since Lsu fired his ass.
Also, in closing, most Bama fans are pretty cool, but you seem to be pretty condescending and arrogant.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem like the child, yet you're the one calling me retarded in your first response to MY post, that wasn't even directed to you??? Might wanna look in the mirror next time bud.

And Miles DIDN'T have to go up against Saban every year like you said. Saban was in the Nfl for Miles' first 2 years. As a Bama fan I would think you would know that.
I'm not holding Miles "to such a high standard", I just said he should have done better with top recruiting classes every year, imho, but he didn't. And apparently I was right since Lsu fired his ass.
Also, in closing, most Bama fans are pretty cool, but you seem to be pretty condescending and arrogant.

I agreed with you that you Miles should have done better. However, I was personally surprised they fired him because I wasn't sure who they could have replaced him with that would have been better. The chose Orgeron which makes the decision to fire Les even more crazy to me as that's clearly a step down. Les Miles had a better winning percentage than Nick Saban did at LSU, btw, but the thing that killed him was his lack of trophies.

I have had good, and bad interactions with Alabama fans. While I went there, I found most of them sound, knowledgeable, and genuine. However, just 10 minutes of listening to Paul Finebaum will also show the side of Alabama fans that are uneducated, think Alabama can do no wrong, and are just beyond ignorant. Not calling you either of them as I don't know your history, but you comment of Les not setting the bar high is VERY MUCH like a typical red neck Finebaum caller who doesn't know their ass from hole in the ground. Les Miles is arguably the greatest coach in their history while there, alongside Saban of course.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to figure that LSU underperformed last week as the Tigers were looking ahead to Georgia.

That's what happens in college football.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good match-ups. Plus, Cookie Monster is all mad.

I might take a chance on Pick'Ems and take LSUx FTW.

Discuss.....

We are going to get worked.

Boat raced at home, and it won't be pretty.