• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good_Code is the next @GreatDayne

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama was better than the next teams, Ohio St and Wisconsin. 1 who got blown out by a medicore Iowa and another that lost to that team and played a weak schedule.

It's relative and if you are just too stupid to figure it out, then sit here and cry more.

Why isn't that criteria listed? And why isn't it announced at the beginning of the season? Those are all judgement calls, not hardcore criteria.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it’s whats agreed upon. Plus how would you feel if MSU missed out on playing PSU and OSU for two years a cycle because there were no divisions and Illinois and Minnesota were up.
Because in my scenario at worst we would play them every other year.

3 permanent rivals, two pools of five that rotate every other year.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in my scenario at worst we would play them every other year.

3 permanent rivals, two pools of five that rotate every other year.

So exactly what I said, every 2 years in a cycle. You’d want that over every year? Can’t say I’d share that sentiment.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So exactly what I said, every 2 years in a cycle. You’d want that over every year? Can’t say I’d share that sentiment.
As compared to playing Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa once every 5 years; yes I’d take that.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As compared to playing Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa once every 5 years; yes I’d take that.

Except it’s not 5 years. You just played Nebraska. We’ll just agree to disagree here.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't that criteria listed? And why isn't it announced at the beginning of the season? Those are all judgement calls, not hardcore criteria.

It is listed, the 4 best teams.

Do you want best means? It means 4 teams that are better than all the other teams.

You know why they don't have "qualifiers"? Because they are anal, rigid and do stupid shit that are completely devoid of common sense. But no, you gotta be the dumbass and pretend like because there is some subjectivity that it's all based on nothing.

In short, it's not college football's fault you're a dumbass.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have continually cried how conference championships are stupid and pointless. Stop saying you haven’t. But like the college football playoff it’s something all teams have agreed upon.

Once again, keep making shit up.

The closest to that I've said is that conference championships aren't a requirement for making the playoffs and that conference championships are a format specifically and only for the conference itself.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, keep making shit up.

The closest to that I've said is that conference championships aren't a requirement for making the playoffs and that conference championships are a format specifically and only for the conference itself.

So In fact I didn’t make anything up. Thanks for clarifying that.

Only a complete imbecile would try to argue that conference championships have no meaning for the playoffs but conference championships aren’t meaningless when talking about national championships. Which you (right fully so being the main goal) are.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we won’t play them again til 2021 or 22.

As I stated we’ll just agree to disagree on this. I believe divisions do keep traditional rivalry games happening every year.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you want best means? It means 4 teams that are better than all the other teams.

You know why they don't have "qualifiers"? Because they are anal, rigid and do stupid shit that are completely devoid of common sense. But no, you gotta be the dumbass and pretend like because there is some subjectivity that it's all based on nothing.

College football is the only sport that I know of where conference champs are not guaranteed a playoff spot for the P5 schools. Your win last year is rendered moot by Ohio State's inclusion in 2016.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, if you can't define what "best" means, then the pocking of the best is subjective. A team should know what the season's goals are game-by-game, objectively.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So In fact I didn’t make anything up. Thanks for clarifying that.

Only a complete imbecile would try to argue that conference championships have no meaning for the playoffs but conference championships aren’t meaningless when talking about national championships. Which you (right fully so being the main goal) are.
isn't a requirement =/= no meaning at all

Either you are really trying to troll him up hard, or you just aren't using your head.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if you can't define what "best" means, then the pocking of the best is subjective. A team should know what the season's goals are game-by-game, objectively.
You mean like win every game you can?

Pretty sure every single team in FBS is aware of that.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like win every game you can?

Pretty sure every single team in FBS is aware of that.

OK, Wisconsin, for example, won more games than Alabama before the picking of the CFP teams. Their one loss was to Ohio State by 6 points. Alabama lost their one game by 12 points. Now, who was the better team by that criteria? Plus, Ohio State>Auburn.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Wisconsin, for example, won more games than Alabama before the picking of the CFP teams. Their one loss was to Ohio State by 6 points. Alabama lost their one game by 12 points. Now, who was the better team by that criteria? Plus, Ohio State>Auburn.
You asked what the goal of the teams should be. That's not the same question as what is the criteria for determining the top 4. They aren't the same in any way.

Teams should concentrate on the things they can control. Win games and look good doing it. If you have to lose, don't lose to scrubs, try not to lose later in the season, and by all means don't get entirely blown out. That's what the teams have to worry about. That's it. It's simple.

There is no formula or format that does what so many of you keep crying about. When you have 130 teams split up into 10 conferences that barely have any connection between them and don't play anything that resembles a balanced schedule within their own conference as it is, you cannot define 'best' or really even what we are really talking about which is 'most deserving' by any other means.

If there was something more simple we would have it already. It isn't some mass conspiracy attempting to make sure that all cheese producing states are left out of the playoffs by any means.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football is the only sport that I know of where conference champs are not guaranteed a playoff spot for the P5 schools. Your win last year is rendered moot by Ohio State's inclusion in 2016.

It's also probably the only sport that has to decide for 129 teams and only 12 games. This is not the NFL where you have 32 teams and 16 games where teams get to play twice.

Ohio St got beat by the eventual National Champions. If it was such a big deal, then how about Michigan St the year before, same result but still your glamorous "conference champion".

And why the hell should a group of 14 teams mean anything on the national stage? You all played each other, big fucking deal. Because you beat a bunch of other Big10 teams you think you deserve a spot on the national stage? If your conference is good and you win the conference, good chance you make the playoffs. If you don't, then there is a big reason for it and they are ALWAYS present.

All you are doing is asking for an AQ spot because you can't do it on the merits.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either you are really trying to troll him up hard, or you just aren't using your head.

He's perma butthurt and does this on the regular.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW, you’re really up his ass. That is hilarious.

He even admits conference championships don’t mean anything to the NC picture. He literally does this and that’s absolutely false.