• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good job Newman

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that couldn't have been more inaccurate, but im not surprised

The announcers seemed to agree with my assessment.

Jeff should just be true to his word and stay retired.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart kept coming down on Newman. Stewart's temper is still intact and this guy needs to retire.
Did they interview Stewart? I was turning it to the UVA shortly after the wreck.
I'd like to know what he was thinking with that. He had nothing to gain by getting pissy with Newman. Should've just let it go and talked to him after the race.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they interview Stewart? I was turning it to the UVA shortly after the wreck.
I'd like to know what he was thinking with that. He had nothing to gain by getting pissy with Newman. Should've just let it go and talked to him after the race.
Yes, he said that he did hit Newman intentionally because Newman had bumped him 3-4 times during the race, and he was tired of it. Tony was being a hot head, as usual.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he said that he did hit Newman intentionally because Newman had bumped him 3-4 times during the race, and he was tired of it. Tony was being a hot head, as usual.
Tony being a hothead is why I like him. Sometimes it's justified, sometimes it's not. I don't believe that this time was one of those times though, even though Newman isn't exactly known as being the easiest driver to get along with either. The sport I believe will miss Tony when he's done after the season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman used to work for Tony when he was at Stewart/Haas Racing. Maybe Newman has had enough of Tony after all these years.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman used to work for Tony when he was at Stewart/Haas Racing. Maybe Newman has had enough of Tony after all these years.
I think it was just so many things going wrong with him the past week that it all came to a head and Newman found the easiest person to blame which was Tony. I do think he went a little overboard with his rant but I'm going to chalk that up to just being pissed that he likely wasn't going to be in the chase this year anyways with McMurray running decent and Buescher running well enough to keep his top 30 spot.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Newman, it looks like he is going to be a free agent after this season and don't remember hearing anything on where he's going to end up. I'm assuming that McMurray is going to be back at Earnhardt-Ganassi and that Ty Dillon will be coming up next season with RCR. With both Dillon's and Menard, is RCR going to run a 4th car for him, would Ganassi, Roush or Penske create a ride for him or is Newman going to be SOL and end up on a lower tier team?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are that he might be SOL or end up with say a RPM ride. Don't know if the latter has any weight or not.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Newman, it looks like he is going to be a free agent after this season and don't remember hearing anything on where he's going to end up. I'm assuming that McMurray is going to be back at Earnhardt-Ganassi and that Ty Dillon will be coming up next season with RCR. With both Dillon's and Menard, is RCR going to run a 4th car for him, would Ganassi, Roush or Penske create a ride for him or is Newman going to be SOL and end up on a lower tier team?
The only organization I could see creating a new team for Newman would be Ganassi. RCR has just now got to where they are somewhat competitive again, so a 4th car is probably out of the question for them, same with Roush. If Penske creates a 3rd team, it would be to get Blaney in their shop. Otherwise, I don't see that happening. Like retroram said, it's probably Petty for Newman, or something like Front Row. I don't see him taking a lesser ride like BK Racing, Tommy Baldwin, etc.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only organization I could see creating a new team for Newman would be Ganassi. RCR has just now got to where they are somewhat competitive again, so a 4th car is probably out of the question for them, same with Roush. If Penske creates a 3rd team, it would be to get Blaney in their shop. Otherwise, I don't see that happening. Like retroram said, it's probably Petty for Newman, or something like Front Row. I don't see him taking a lesser ride like BK Racing, Tommy Baldwin, etc.
I can only see him as a 4th RCR car is if it's a situation where he'd have some type of sponsorship lined up for most of the season. I think Penske would be a good fit as I don't recall there being any bad blood there when he left for SHR and Blaney could stay over at the Wood Bros. But that's if they decide to run a 3rd car.
I can also see him possibly doing what Bowyer is doing this year and that's just taking a ride no matter how bad it is for a year and waiting for a good opening in 2018. But if he doesn't want to do that, I think you both are right, Petty would likely be the landing spot unless something unexpected happens on one of the major teams.