• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and an even bigger question is while are former Redskins helmets blacked out. It is team history. I can fucking guarantee you that no Commander ever won a championship.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, Location matters greatly!! It is the most significant part of all team names no matter the sport!
Washington is still playing in the same area that they've been since 1960, albeit now, just outside of the city proper. They play in the same old ratty stadium, have the same old outcomes and according to some are still referred to using that old name! Their team colors haven't changed although I have no idea where they picked up that ugly red and black as throwback unis! These are our throwback uniforms, my friend...

View attachment 354131

View attachment 354130
yes...Gold pants, no more yellow britches.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty is correct. The location is the most important part of the history; however, when was the last time the Redskins played in Washington DC?

They are trying to block history by changing the name, blurring images, and changing information.

Everybody is correct to an extent...except those who claim the name is racist.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t be as passionate about the commanders as I was redskins . All of my wonderful memories growing up are about the redskins . The commanders will never be the redskins no matter how much lipstick you put on that pig .

And when the NFL blocks out the name it only verifies their intent . Intent I clearly said would happen and was mocked for it .

Where is Mike Wise these days . He is a bitch and a liar who tried to further his career with his fake ass caring for NA’s . Everything he said about NA’s life being better if we got rid of the name failed to come to pass . Their unemployment rates are the same , their alcohol rates are the same , they still live in poverty. No real change for a group that overwhelmingly likes the name redskins as referenced by every real poll on the subject .

When the bullets changed their name to wizards in the service of wokeism I stopped being a fan . Stopped going to their games and the team hasn’t done shit since .

The senators went to Minnesota to be the twins and the new team after that the rangers . Those teams aren’t the senators nor were they yesterday , today or a 1000 yrs from now .

A couple of more points ,first RR is the one who came up with commanders and he and his flunky Jason Wright lied about involvement in the new name . Both of these woke shitheads blew into town on a fake crusade and now RR is gone leaving this mess with wright soon to follow .

The other point is a lot of us fans have moved on in the world and don’t live in the DMV no one in Indianapolis references the Baltimore colts . That generation is dying off . Very few people are going to Vegas from Oakland and soon that bond will evaporate just like the sandiego fans and the chargers

Now I can live with braves or warriors or even red wolves but commanders are a symbol of the failed Dan Snyder , the lies told fans about the new name and the unchecked Wokeism that drove it

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t be as passionate about the commanders as I was redskins . All of my wonderful memories growing up are about the redskins . The commanders will never be the redskins no matter how much lipstick you put on that pig .

And when the NFL blocks out the name it only verifies their intent . Intent I clearly said would happen and was mocked for it .

Where is Mike Wise these days . He is a bitch and a liar who tried to further his career with his fake ass caring for NA’s . Everything he said about NA’s life being better if we got rid of the name failed to come to pass . Their unemployment rates are the same , their alcohol rates are the same , they still live in poverty. No real change for a group that overwhelmingly likes the name redskins as referenced by every real poll on the subject .

When the bullets changed their name to wizards in the service of wokeism I stopped being a fan . Stopped going to their games and the team hasn’t done shit since .

The senators went to Minnesota to be the twins and the new team after that the rangers . Those teams aren’t the senators nor were they yesterday , today or a 1000 yrs from now .

A couple of more points ,first RR is the one who came up with commanders and he and his flunky Jason Wright lied about involvement in the new name . Both of these woke shitheads blew into town on a fake crusade and now RR is gone leaving this mess with wright soon to follow .

The other point is a lot of us fans have moved on in the world and don’t live in the DMV no one in Indianapolis references the Baltimore colts . That generation is dying off . Very few people are going to Vegas from Oakland and soon that bond will evaporate just like the sandiego fans and the chargers

Now I can live with braves or warriors or even red wolves but commanders are a symbol of the failed Dan Snyder , the lies told fans about the new name and the unchecked Wokeism that drove it
I have to keep reminding myself that the final mistake that needs to be cleaned up is the name. I keep saying it was Rivera, but that wasn't true. It was the name.

Make no mistake, snyder did that to prolong his ownership and buy him time. He might have claimed it was about defeating bigotry, but it was to save his own skin.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to keep reminding myself that the final mistake that needs to be cleaned up is the name. I keep saying it was Rivera, but that wasn't true. It was the name.

Make no mistake, snyder did that to prolong his ownership and buy him time. He might have claimed it was about defeating bigotry, but it was to save his own skin.
Eventually Rivera picked the name. Wright lied to fan the entire time. Ultimately, FOR THE REAL FANS, the name needs to go!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty is correct. The location is the most important part of the history; however, when was the last time the Redskins played in Washington DC?

They are trying to block history by changing the name, blurring images, and changing information.

Everybody is correct to an extent...except those who claim the name is racist.

You don't think a slang name for Native Americans is racist? Would you approve of Blackskins or Yellowskins?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this elsewhere yesterday.

We have been told to no longer call ourselves British Columbians because it is offensive to our indigenous residents.

I’m going to ignore that directive.

The pendulum swing in the other direction is well under way up here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this elsewhere yesterday.

We have been told to no longer call ourselves British Columbians because it is offensive to our indigenous residents.

I’m going to ignore that directive.

The pendulum swing in the other direction is well under way up here.

Yeah, that's a bit odd. Change the name of the Province then, lol?

Everything has to be taken at least one step too far these days it seems.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I can see why some see it as offensive. However, It's an arguable point when the chosen "offensive slang word" (which seem ever changing and expanding) is still used by some native schools as their mascot. After all, surely the red man would better know what offends him than the white man does. While it could be offensive to some, so are the terms husband and wife. That's why it isn't smart to let the most sensitive among you determine for the majority what is and isn't offensive. Having said that, i don't see any way that the name goes back to Redskins.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i talk to a redskin group daily who are convinced redskins is returning.i,don,t see that ever happening.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a bit odd. Change the name of the Province then, lol?

Everything has to be taken at least one step too far these days it seems.

If you see the names they want to use, it's a combination of letters and symbols that "match" phonetically how they would pronounce it.

But they never had a written language before so it's being made up as they go. As a rule their history was kept in beautiful decorative bead stings and weavings.

I'm not necessarily against the changing times but it would be nice to stop somewhere.