• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT #3: Canucks @ Flyers

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Couturier had gotten his first with that one off the iron. This kid belongs here without question. It was also nice to see an edge in faceoffs to the Flyers for once, and against a team that wins a lot of them.

That would have been great.

Soon though..

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. Got to keep the penalties down, especially the stupid ones. Vancouver looks like a machine running smooth on the power play.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well they had plenty of time to get it right, though the refs gave us a few softies earlier in the game, i think they played make up in the third

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they had plenty of time to get it right, though the refs gave us a few softies earlier in the game, i think they played make up in the third

Btw why didJvR get a unsportmanlike conduct penalty? What did he do or say? I did not see anything but being pissed not scoring on the play.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw why didJvR get a unsportmanlike conduct penalty? What did he do or say? I did not see anything but being pissed not scoring on the play.

He yelled something at the ref for not calling the penalty when JVR got hooked. So what should've been a PP for the Flyers turned into a PP for Vancouver. Oh well...at least we got the win.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pronger is 0 for 3 trying to play acceptable defense :tsk:

everything else has been said.. that was too many penalties, but overall they looked pretty good.. nice to see two goals from D-men too, that's always something the flyers struggle with..

what a sick pass by couturier on voraceks goal. kid looked really good again, at this rate there's no way he gets sent down

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pronger is 0 for 3 trying to play acceptable defense :tsk:

everything else has been said.. that was too many penalties, but overall they looked pretty good.. nice to see two goals from D-men too, that's always something the flyers struggle with..

what a sick pass by couturier on voraceks goal. kid looked really good again, at this rate there's no way he gets sent down

For some reason, he and Kimmo do not play well together. I don't know if it's a lack of communication, lack of chemistry due to not playing together a lot, that they play similar styles, or combination of that. The one goal where the two of them were out together was a definite miscue on someone's part.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, he and Kimmo do not play well together. I don't know if it's a lack of communication, lack of chemistry due to not playing together a lot, that they play similar styles, or combination of that. The one goal where the two of them were out together was a definite miscue on someone's part.

ya they really dont.. they never have.. i guess i'll let you put some of that on timo too :hockeysmile:

things to take away from the first 3 games

1. the flyers can win a close, low scoring game (2-1)
2. the flyers can shut a good team down (3-0)
3. the flyers can win a high scoring game (5-4)
4. the flyers dont throw in the towel when they blow a lead (last night)

that makes me feel really good about this team.

SportsGuy305

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ya they really dont.. they never have.. i guess i'll let you put some of that on timo too :hockeysmile:

things to take away from the first 3 games

1. the flyers can win a close, low scoring game (2-1)
2. the flyers can shut a good team down (3-0)
3. the flyers can win a high scoring game (5-4)
4. the flyers dont throw in the towel when they blow a lead (last night)

that makes me feel really good about this team.
Not giving up when you blow a lead is key to being a successful team, the Flyers showed last night that they never will give up.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious about Schenn's role when he comes up at some point? I cannot wait to see how he does. On another note, was it just me or does it seem that the Flyers are not quite precise on their passing? At times it just seemed that the passing was off and I see a lot of slipping (skates).

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious about Schenn's role when he comes up at some point? I cannot wait to see how he does. On another note, was it just me or does it seem that the Flyers are not quite precise on their passing? At times it just seemed that the passing was off and I see a lot of slipping (skates).

If it were up to me, send Rinaldo down and move Talbot to wing. Fourth line would become Nodl-Schenn-Talbot.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were up to me, send Rinaldo down and move Talbot to wing. Fourth line would become Nodl-Schenn-Talbot.

I like this idea. I don't think it will happen because of taking out the tough guy in the lineup. I'm hoping Shitty leaves town. Tox loves this guy for whatever reason. Lol

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way the team is playing now, its going to take an injury to change the lineup i think.. schenn will get his chance when someone goes down i think, not a moment sooner

i dont even think shelley will be dressed when he's able to be.. rinaldo, while he had a tough night last night, was very effective in the first 2 games IMO

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the puck was behind the net and they both went to the same side, which left the other side wide open with a guy parked at the post. That goal was easily preventable.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the puck was behind the net and they both went to the same side, which left the other side wide open with a guy parked at the post. That goal was easily preventable.

Not to blame the goalie (FUCK GOALIES) but I dont think Bryz was on the post.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to blame the goalie (FUCK GOALIES) but I dont think Bryz was on the post.

That may be so as well, but neither defenseman went to the man at the side of the net. The shot never even makes it on net if it's defended properly. They'll get it together. That was just a dreadfully sloppy game defensively for both teams.

It feels pretty damn good to have beaten a division rival and the two teams that were in the finals.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be so as well, but neither defenseman went to the man at the side of the net. The shot never even makes it on net if it's defended properly. They'll get it together. That was just a dreadfully sloppy game defensively for both teams.

It feels pretty damn good to have beaten a division rival and the two teams that were in the finals.

It feels great, and 610 mind fucked me last night by saying this is only the 11th time the FLyers have started 3-0. I would have thought it was a lot more. The D will tighten up for sure, and Bryz has looked solid. The goal did seem to be much more on the D last night. We scored 5 on Canucks D and Luongo (I dont know if 5 on Lou will be impressive this year though...) with 5 different players scoring. I say we have a lot to be happy about right off the bat

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, 11 starts of 3-0 out of 44 seasons isn't bad at all. You're talking 25% of the time we start that strong out of the gate.

Although when you consider that our record in home openers is an incredible 26-12-6, maybe it's not wrong to have expected more 3-0 starts to seasons. I guess you don't always get a home game in your first three games however. Just ask the Rags...rofl