• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me 5 players outside the top?? at their position....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHo you think can be startable players in fantasy this season

Using this ADP
Average Draft Position (ADP) - Fantasy Football 2017

QB-outside the top 15
RB-outside the top 20
WR-outside the top 36
TE-outsde the top 15

Ill start you can give as much analysis as you want

QB
1-Eli right at #16 , always puts up points, and look at his weapons this year!
2-Dalton-Red rifle was an MVP candidate prior to injury
3-Palmer-one last hoorah
4-brian hoyer- yeah im serious, i wouldnt be comfortable, but garbage points and a great OFfensive coach
5-Bortles yeah hes gonna bring it

RB
1)CJ anderson-denver beefed up the line, booker was junk, charles is at most change of pace...
2)Mike Gillisee-Someone will get cut in new england, and he is prime for goal line wokr
3)Doug martin- if you can wait the suspension out, hes the lead back in a loaded offense...
4)Jonathan stewart-Still think hes their RB, cam runs less, and mcaffrey is some hybrid back
5)Perine-Fat Rob was bad, just bad sans 1 game

WR
1-Cam meredith im high on him, someones gotta catch the balls there, sheer volume
2-marvin jones-yep im back on the bandwagon
3-Quincey enunwa-again super high on him, who else is gonna catch the ball
4-Robert woods- again paid to be a #1, should be playing catch up alot
5-Corey coleman-flashed big time talent if he can stay healthy

TE
1-austin hooper loaded supporting cast and no competition, tight end friendy scheme
2-coby fleener-doofus figured out the offense
3-Evan engram- sheerly on touchdowns and eli will throw to the TE

i onyl got 3 TE

as you can see i own alot of these, so theres goes my reasoning

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Using this ADP
Average Draft Position (ADP) - Fantasy Football 2017

QB-outside the top 15
RB-outside the top 20
WR-outside the top 36
TE-outsde the top 15

Ill start you can give as much analysis as you want

QB
1-Eli right at #16 , always puts up points, and look at his weapons this year!
2-Dalton-Red rifle was an MVP candidate prior to injury
3-Palmer-one last hoorah
4-brian hoyer- yeah im serious, i wouldnt be comfortable, but garbage points and a great OFfensive coach
5-Bortles yeah hes gonna bring it

RB
1)CJ anderson-denver beefed up the line, booker was junk, charles is at most change of pace...
2)Mike Gillisee-Someone will get cut in new england, and he is prime for goal line wokr
3)Doug martin- if you can wait the suspension out, hes the lead back in a loaded offense...
4)Jonathan stewart-Still think hes their RB, cam runs less, and mcaffrey is some hybrid back
5)Perine-Fat Rob was bad, just bad sans 1 game

WR
1-Cam meredith im high on him, someones gotta catch the balls there, sheer volume
2-marvin jones-yep im back on the bandwagon
3-Quincey enunwa-again super high on him, who else is gonna catch the ball
4-Robert woods- again paid to be a #1, should be playing catch up alot
5-Corey coleman-flashed big time talent if he can stay healthy

TE
1-austin hooper loaded supporting cast and no competition, tight end friendy scheme
2-coby fleener-doofus figured out the offense
3-Evan engram- sheerly on touchdowns and eli will throw to the TE

i onyl got 3 TE

as you can see i own alot of these, so theres goes my reasoning
I love that you consider drafting a 25 year old rook who most every scout is in agreement on isn't much more than a swing tackle, and signing Dallas castoff Leary at guard is "beefing up the line", And that Booker being junk still wasnt at the cusp of stealing CJ's job right before he got injured. What will actually spark that run gsm is the switch from outside zone to power gap. . the line isn't athletic enough for the zone, and Booker lacked the vision and patience to succeed in it

I'll give you mine in a minute, but had to give you a hard time first

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is the pretty easy choice there. Later choice, how about Wentz?
Gilly is primed for Patriot work... I'll buy. Watch out for James White too... the new Kevin Faulk?
I like Meredith too, but this recent injury causes hesitation. Taylor Gabriel getting no love and could shine.
TE? Doyle is a popular pick. How about A.J. Derby?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that you consider drafting a 25 year old rook who most every scout is in agreement on isn't much more than a swing tackle, and signing Dallas castoff Leary at guard is "beefing up the line", And that Booker being junk still wasnt at the cusp of stealing CJ's job right before he got injured. What will actually spark that run gsm is the switch from outside zone to power gap. . the line isn't athletic enough for the zone, and Booker lacked the vision and patience to succeed in it

I'll give you mine in a minute, but had to give you a hard time first
hey you leave cj alone, that is all:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is the pretty easy choice there. Later choice, how about Wentz?
Gilly is primed for Patriot work... I'll buy. Watch out for James White too... the new Kevin Faulk?
I like Meredith too, but this recent injury causes hesitation. Taylor Gabriel getting no love and could shine.
TE? Doyle is a popular pick. How about A.J. Derby?
doyle going higher than 15

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah... figured that, his price is skyrocketing, some could be mightily disappointed... myself included.

I'm on board the Doyle train. Why? Because Luck loves his TEs in the red zones. 33% of Lucks TDs go to his TEs. Signing a 19 mil contract says the Colts consider him the guy at that position. Last year he was the 12th scoring TE in standard, that's as the backup TE. Love Doyle this year.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB
1) Tyrod Tyrod Tyrod Tyrod. Was QB12 last year in ppg and that was in as run heavy an offense as you can have with nobody at WR. He may throw more this year and he should have a healthy Sammy + whatever Zay Jones can add. Im buying.

2) Tannehill. I waffle on whether or not I think hes a good QB but thats more than I can say for a lot of the other guys down here. Not sure he'll be throwing enough to be worth it but if he gets the volume I think he can make it work.

3) Palmer. At this point Im just picking him because he has talent. He might be done as a solid player but a lot of the guys in this range never even got started. Healthy John Brown and Bruce Arians might be enough to revive him.

4) Eli. I didnt want to pick him because its the easy pick with him at 16 but its true and Im running out of options. Should be plenty of volume and plenty of weapons in NY.

5) Ugh do I have to do 5? I really dont like a lot of these guys. Maybe Watson since his rushing could elevate him. But in that case Ill just go with my true rookie QB crush and pick Deshone Kizer. He at least has the upside to do it even if its unlikely.

RB
1) CJ Anderson. How is his ADP 24???? Starting RB for a team that will run the ball and hes been productive. And I agree I dont see Booker or Charles as threats at all.

2) Paul Perkins. Not sure Im sold on his talent but similar to Anderson hes a starting RB and while his team wont run a lot he sure wont be the focus of opposing defenses.

3) Ameer Abdullah. Has had trouble staying healthy but I like his talent. Riddick will likely steal a lot of receptions and playing time but Abdullah may be dynamic enough to make an impact.

4) Kareem Hunt. Im just not too convinced Spencer Ware is anything special and Hunt is a decent all around RB prospect. Andy Reid RBs arent a bad thing to buy into and he may be the lead Reid RB sooner rather than later.

5) Dalvin Cook. I think he wins the job by week 1 and hardly splits carries. This is a guy considered by many to be a better prospect than Fournette until a poor combine performance and the Vikings traded UP to take him in the 2nd round. If hes half as electric as he was in college he'll easily outperform his ADP.

WR
1) Jeremy Maclin. He was hurt last year and has been stuck in a rough offense for WRs so I think we've kind of forgotten that he was a really good WR. Should be the #1 WR in Baltimore, they threw a LOT last year, and hes only 29.

2) Ted Ginn. A lot of targets just left NO when Cooks left and while some will go to Thomas and Snead not all of them will. I find it suspicious that they brought in a deep threat like Ginn when Cooks left and think he'll be a lot more involved in the offense than people think.

3) John Ross. He was the #9 pick overall which I think says all we need to know about his talent and upside. And hes playing opposite AJ freaking Green meaning he wont be getting the bulk of the attention. Also in that offense: Tyler Eifert and Joe Mixon. That Oline is a concern and Im no Dalton fan but good luck covering 4.22 speed and excellent route running when you have all those other things to worry about.

4) Cameron Meredith. I agree with you here. He was really good last year and has prototypical size and speed. Chicago wont throw a lot which may hold him back but I think hes far and away the best WR on that team. And he should only be improving.

5) John Brown. Another case of me just gambling on talent. Hes really good. Hopefully those health issues are behind him so that he can return to form.

TE
1) Cameron Brate. Was really solid last year and wont give up that #1 TE role easily. Not to mention Howard was an excellent blocker and rookie TEs are known for coming along slowly.

2) Erik Swoope. This years Jack Doyle?

3) Gerald Everett. Ok I know I just said rookie TEs are bad but this is more about value than anything. STL doesnt have much else at TE so the job should be his. Then they dont even have much on the outside for him to compete with for targets. And he'll be playing for Jordan Reeds former OC. Oh and he was drafted only 15 picks after David Njoku. Ill take Everett at his price over Howard, Engram, and Njoku at theirs any day.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB, Eli, Dalton, no brainers. I agree Hoyer could put up respectable enough numbers to be an option, put me down for Tyrod, and Wentz as well

At RB, I'm going with Blount, Abdullah, Coleman, Charles, and Joe Williams

Wr, Maclin, John brown, Enunwa, C. Coleman and both Perriman and K. White

Te, Hooper, Njoku, and Cook, and of course...COBY FLEENER!!!! ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB-outside the top 15
RB-outside the top 20
WR-outside the top 36
TE-outsde the top 15

QB = Tyrod Taylor, Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Carson Wentz, Blake Bortles

RB = Frank Gore, C.J. Anderson, Tevin Coleman, LeGarrette Blount, Ameer Abdullah

WR = Mike Wallace (could have gone Maclin here, but Wallace knows the offense and Maclin was probably cut by his long-time coach Reid for a reason IMO); Cameron Meredith (not as high on him as some, still think Kevin White displaces him at some point this season); Quincy Enunwa (someone has to catch the prevent-defense garbage yards in those Jets' losses); Robert Woods (see Enunwa, but replace Jets with Rams); Marvin Jones (don't really like any other WR options at this point - too many battles as a result of injuries last year are inflating the values, factor in traded players, etc and it could be a WRBC... I'll stick with the conservative option and laugh at the hyped ceiling mudders on their stilts.)

TE = Cameron Brate (after turnover king Winston throws 5 picks in his first 2 games, they'll have him check down more to Brate once again); Dwayne Allen (if Aaron Hernandez & Martellus Bennett can be relevant in the shadow of Gronk, so can Allen); David Njoku (Browns have no other TE, and is a safe option for a green QB); CJ Fiedorowicz (See Njoku but replace Browns with Texans); Charles Clay (unlisted, but if Clay could reel in over 500 yards under the run-first, conservative Rex Ryan, can’t imagine less as the offense opens up under new HC Sean McDermott).

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB = Tyrod Taylor, Eli Manning, Andy Dalton, Carson Wentz, Blake Bortles

RB = Frank Gore, C.J. Anderson, Tevin Coleman, LeGarrette Blount, Ameer Abdullah

WR = Mike Wallace (could have gone Maclin here, but Wallace knows the offense and Maclin was probably cut by his long-time coach Reid for a reason IMO); Cameron Meredith (not as high on him as some, still think Kevin White displaces him at some point this season); Quincy Enunwa (someone has to catch the prevent-defense garbage yards in those Jets' losses); Robert Woods (see Enunwa, but replace Jets with Rams); Marvin Jones (don't really like any other WR options at this point - too many battles as a result of injuries last year are inflating the values, factor in traded players, etc and it could be a WRBC... I'll stick with the conservative option and laugh at the hyped ceiling mudders on their stilts.)

TE = Cameron Brate (after turnover king Winston throws 5 picks in his first 2 games, they'll have him check down more to Brate once again); Dwayne Allen (if Aaron Hernandez & Martellus Bennett can be relevant in the shadow of Gronk, so can Allen); David Njoku (Browns have no other TE, and is a safe option for a green QB); CJ Fiedorowicz (See Njoku but replace Browns with Texans); Charles Clay (unlisted, but if Clay could reel in over 500 yards under the run-first, conservative Rex Ryan, can’t imagine less as the offense opens up under new HC Sean McDermott).
gasp another CJ anderson vote!~

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board the Doyle train. Why? Because Luck loves his TEs in the red zones. 33% of Lucks TDs go to his TEs. Signing a 19 mil contract says the Colts consider him the guy at that position. Last year he was the 12th scoring TE in standard, that's as the backup TE. Love Doyle this year.

Mostly agree... the only thing that scares me is that Luck has always liked a 2 TE system... even last year when we thought it was going to be the Dwayne Allen show, all of a sudden Doyle comes up from nowhere??

So the real question is, who will come out of nowhere to continue this trend??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree... the only thing that scares me is that Luck has always liked a 2 TE system... even last year when we thought it was going to be the Dwayne Allen show, all of a sudden Doyle comes up from nowhere??

So the real question is, who will come out of nowhere to continue this trend??
yeah doyle goes into the abyss and some nobody becomes doyle,

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Swoope is going to be the new Doyle

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is flacco not top 15 being elite and all....or so I've been told :noidea:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, should we sleep on him??
im just playing into the second fiddle outproducing the top option rhetoric. I dont really have an y feelings towards Swoops either way