• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 current Broncos currently outside of the top 53

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does the list begin for those on the outside looking in for a roster spot?

1) Travis Fulgham

2) Essang Bassey

3) Demeara Crockett

4) Aaron Patrick

5) Jonathan Harris

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I'm trying to decide how close do they have to the 53-man roster. Such as the Broncos brought back Eric Saubert at the TE position on a cheap deal. I actually liked what he showed this past season and see him finding a place on this roster. I think in the end he beats out Andrew Beck even though Beck does offer more versatility.

2) My main guy though I have making it is Christopher Allen at the edge. I'll make the bold statement now that I think he will have a better NFL career than Nik Bonitto. If he can stay healthy (and that is a big if) the kid's ceiling is off the charts.

3) I do like your choice of Travis Fulgham. Going to be interesting to see how many WR's the Broncos keep. If they keep 6 that battle between Hinton, Williams, Fulgham, and Cleveland will be fun to keep an eye on. Could be a nice place for the Broncos to get back another 5th round pick in a trade if more than 1 show well in preseason.

4) Corliss Waitman--Getting deep on the roster here when we are talking about the punting competition. I would be interested though to see how much him being a left footed punter could play into the competition. Players talk about that opposite spin messing with them quite a bit. Broncos also could be looking to save some cap space and Sam Martin makes a little sense if the competition is close.

5) McTelvin Agim--Maybe he is still on the inside looking out at this point, but the Broncos drafting 2 interior DL doesn't exactly make his position on the team secure. I still like his game and think he could be a nice rotational piece, but this is his moment to shine.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrie Cleveland
Justin Strnad
Jonathan Harris
Essang Bassey
Aaron Patrick

WR, CB and S will be interesting (don't call me a DB whore) I like Seth Williams upside the best but really want to see Tyrie Cleveland take a leap this year.

I think Seth Williams gets that last WR spot. Just needs to show consistency in camp. Malik Reed and McTelvin Agim are going to feel pressure.

Everyone has written Jamar Johnson off because he basically took a RS last year. He has as much upside as any depth S on our roster but it comes down to how reliable/dependable he can show us he is in camp. Can we trust him? We trust Locke but he is also a limited upside guy.

I spoke to Turner-Yell the other day. I think he makes this roster and really hoping he and Jamar Johnson both have outstanding camps. I am expecting some sad cuts this year while praying they get back to the PS. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrie Cleveland
Justin Strnad
Jonathan Harris
Essang Bassey
Aaron Patrick

WR, CB and S will be interesting (don't call me a DB whore) I like Seth Williams upside the best but really want to see Tyrie Cleveland take a leap this year.

I think Seth Williams gets that last WR spot. Just needs to show consistency in camp. Malik Reed and McTelvin Agim are going to feel pressure.

Everyone has written Jamar Johnson off because he basically took a RS last year. He has as much upside as any depth S on our roster but it comes down to how reliable/dependable he can show us he is in camp. Can we trust him? We trust Locke but he is also a limited upside guy.

I spoke to Turner-Yell the other day. I think he makes this roster and really hoping he and Jamar Johnson both have outstanding camps. I am expecting some sad cuts this year while praying they get back to the PS. ;)

Yeah Turner-Yell should make the roster. Obviously him being a draft pick helps, but he is also that perfect fit for a special teams star. The man loves to hit and can fly all over the field. Going to be interesting more beyond this year what the Broncos do at the Safety position. Sterns showed really well last year and like you said Johnson could surprise some people this year. Many were higher on him coming out of college compared to Sterns. Jackson is obviously gone after this season, but I think Simmons could be feeling some pressure after the Broncos have added so much to the position through the draft the last couple of years. I'm not advocating for getting rid of Simmons, but if these young guys emerge and show they are starter quality he could be a big trade piece moving forward. That is a big if though.