• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting better on the East Coast

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, no way would i give 2 1st for AJ.. I was thinking more like a 4rd and maybe DMo or maybe even McGloin..McGloin and their NEW HC go back to Penn ST!! Heck McG is better then any QB on their roster right now IMO.. How bad do the Texans want a QB?? McG or Mallet?? Hmmmmmmmm
cd, this whole AJ thing is just a rumor man.. Something to help pass this slow off season.. Besides in about two weeks all fans will be focus on what we all have, and not these rumors that spring up in the off season..
Oh and like i said im ready to go into battle with what we have.. Sure AJ would be nice, but im good with what we got as well.. We are coming for your team!!

I realize it is a slow off season so things like this get discussed. I was more just pointing towards why this kind of rumor is a hard one to imagine for any team in the league. I don't think any team unless they are completely idiotic would give up that much for AJ at this point. I'm just saying Houston isn't going to give him away for pennies. At this point since Oakland is trying to build more through the draft and add a couple of veterans here and there (kind of what the Broncos are trying to do) then giving up anything more than say a 4th round pick is not worth it.

Also on the Mallet or McGloin thing. The big thing there is if Houston was to pull the trigger they should have done it before the draft. With actual games starting here in something like 2 weeks (pre-season of course) you want your starting quarterback to have more time than that. Neither of those guys could be ready by week one at this point in the season. So might as well just go with Fitzpatrick for this season and hope that Tom Savage develops very quickly for next season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya RaiderZar.. No more trading 1st round picks!! Lets see what Reggie does in the next few weeks, there will be some pretty good players cut, and we never know what will happen on the trade front.. Go Raiders!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, McGloin already knows that Texan System, he played it at Penn ST.. And not only that, but he is a fast learner!! We just threw him into the fire last year with NO reps no nothing, and for the most part he played ok.. Heck i would say he was the best rookie QB last year.. The thing is the greedy Texans know that DC if our future, so just wait it out and see what the Raiders do with him..
Anyways cd, this is just a rumor nothing more nothing less, the chance of AJ coming to Oakland is SLIM to none..
cd you FEAR AJ coming to Oakland eh?? But you can relax bro its just a rumor... lol

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, McGloin already knows that Texan System, he played it at Penn ST.. And not only that, but he is a fast learner!! We just threw him into the fire last year with NO reps no nothing, and for the most part he played ok.. Heck i would say he was the best rookie QB last year.. The thing is the greedy Texans know that DC if our future, so just wait it out and see what the Raiders do with him..
Anyways cd, this is just a rumor nothing more nothing less, the chance of AJ coming to Oakland is SLIM to none..
cd you FEAR AJ coming to Oakland eh?? But you can relax bro its just a rumor... lol

:laugh3:

About as much as we feared Randy Moss in his time in Oakland!

:laugh3:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cd, i never knew you had another sock puppet handle??

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cd, i never knew you had another sock puppet handle??

Now, now, ID, let's not make accusations of sock puppets. CD is above that.

Seriously I don't think CD or any Broncos fans would have feared the Raiders with AJ. But the fact is they don't have him. What they do have is a young team that seems on the brink of taking great steps forward. You and I have discussed this already, I believe. I don't necessarily think their progress translates into major success in the W-L column in the 2014 season, but I do believe if they stick with Reggie at GM and Allen at HC, this team would be a winner in 2015. Reggie is just now getting his feet beneath him.

And of course, there is always the possibility I am wrong, and the Raiders are contenders this year. Shane Schilperoort of "Just Blog Baby" wrote a pretty solid read on the Raiders being "poised" this year. He seems to believe a 9-7 or 10-6 finish is at hand. We can't all be right, but we can all be excited for some football, especially at this time of year when we're all 0-0.

In case you are not familiar with it, Just Blog Baby is a "semi-professional" Raiders site affiliated with "Fansided" which is run by Sports Illustrated. The fan sites are managed by fans of the teams, but they are surprisingly analytical and not your average sites full of fan bias. If you haven't done so already, check it out:

Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

If you are like me, you like to read about all the AFC west teams, so here are the others:

Chiefs:

Arrowhead Addict - A Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more

Chargers:

Bolt Beat - A San Diego Chargers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

And most importantly, Broncos!

Predominantly Orange - A Denver Broncos Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

I check in on all four, as well as a few others regularly. I especially like reading the fan comments after every article. If you haven't checked out these sites yet, you need to.

:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is the Texan system is quite a bit different than that of his Penn State system. NFL playbooks are about double if not triple, depending where they went to college, of what he would have had. So yes he would have a decent idea but getting him ready in one month to be able to start is a long shot at best. Throw in the Raiders would have to give up a whole heck of a lot more than a 3rd string quarterback for an All-Pro WR in this league. Plus like you said the Raiders have shown McGloin is not the future so why should the Texans trade such a valuable player for a guy that might just be cut? Like you said though it is a rumor and this is the time of year for them. Very few rumors especially in the NFL actually have any life to them.

Also at this point probably wouldn't fear AJ going to Oakland. As impressed as I was with the Raiders off season I like Iknowfootball believe they are still a year away from really putting it all together. If they are to have success this year they are going to be relying on a lot of very very young potential to actually rise up to that potential in year one and two. Not saying it is impossible as it has happened but again give those players another year or two and would not surprise me to see the Raiders right back in the playoff picture.

Every year though there is that surprise team so you just never know. Chiefs came out of nowhere last year and went from worst to playoffs so it is not like the Raiders making the playoffs would be this impossible thing that has never happened. They have a tough schedule but every year there are injuries that take top teams out of the running and give bottom teams a chance to rise to the top.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iknowftbll, I made that trollish comment to counter the trollish comment you made.. You are above drive by posting dude.. I was just chopping it up with cd is all..
Oh and no i never really seen that site!! Its good, and i shall visit it more often thanks.. That Raider blogger laid it out pretty good!! 9-7 10-6 seems to be the number most Raider fans think could happen, and i agree with them it could.. And yes you and cd might be right, in that we are a year away.. Its just one of those things we have to wait to see who is right.. Soon they will snap the ball and we will all see..
RM has done pretty good so far filling up the roster!! He comes from a VERY good tree.. Its easy to see what he is trying to build, just look at his FA pick up and draft picks..
And yes i care what happens in the AFC West, i always tune in to the moves they make..
Soon we will see the snap of the ball, and hear the roar of the crowd.. As Papa says TOUCH DOWN RAIDERS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i agree the system would not be the same, but it would be close enough for McGloin to pick it up with camp and preseason under his belt.. He would WIN that starting job!! IMO.. I would be shocked if we cut McGloin.. He is smart, young, good arm, and a lightning fast release.. Why cut him??
And like i said, im good with what we have at WR.. Jones the vet that has played in big games to balance our young WR corps.. Would i like to have AJ on our team?? Yes but only for the right price.. I bet we have 1 maybe 2 1k WRs on our team this year.. Streeter is a lock, and out of DMo, Jones, Little, Holmes, Criner, Butler we could get the other.. If Schaub gets his mojo back, while spreading the ball around it could happen easy..
Are we 1 year away?? Maybe, or Maybe not.. We will soon know..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you liked that site, ID. They have good content throughout the season, so keep tuning in.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya that site is real good!! Great player break downs, Player info, rookies to watch, etc.. I will keep tuning into that site for sure.. Oh i like to read the comments as well.. Its always good to read what a fellow Raider fan has to say..
I will also check out those other AFC West sites, just to see what the rival is up too..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's it going to take? Does the time change really have much to do with it? Honestly that seems like a pretty lame excuse, and I have personally witnessed several nail-biters and a couple where it seemed like the team didn't make the plane to Florida. I do remember it was hot as a bitch in Miami a couple times, and conditioning would definitely come in to play, wearing black is a tough fashion statement in September in south Florida.

Performing on the road and the East coast as well as London this year with the toughest schedule in the league appears problematic and will be a huge test, it's probably going to be a bumpy ride and I would be ecstatic if we were 4-4 at midseason. New faces in new places, its going to take some time to build chemistry, and in a year with much expected from DA and RM, fans are not going to take kindly to poor performance, the Raiders org has a lot of work to do and if this team implodes it will get ugly. We are about to see what kind of a leader Dennis Allen is, he has been given a pass the past 2 years, but now it is time to take all these parts and pieces and put them together and travel as far as London for an international audience.

I will say I think the London game is one we will remember, winning there would be a huge confidence builder.

Getting better on the east side will weigh mightely on the Raiders fortunes this year because I believe with a little luck we can gain a split on our div rivals and maybe sniff the wild card, obviously a win in NY would be huge. If this wasn't with another schizophrenic franchise I would be even more concerned, but our first reg season game could likely define our season, if there is one for sure win on the EC it is either Jets or Browns, and hopefully both, jmho. Moving on with a 1-0 record would be my first goal in 2014.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run right at them, and stop their RUN game!! We do that?? We beat the Jets..