• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting better on the East Coast

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's it going to take? Does the time change really have much to do with it? Honestly that seems like a pretty lame excuse, and I have personally witnessed several nail-biters and a couple where it seemed like the team didn't make the plane to Florida. I do remember it was hot as a bitch in Miami a couple times, and conditioning would definitely come in to play, wearing black is a tough fashion statement in September in south Florida.

Performing on the road and the East coast as well as London this year with the toughest schedule in the league appears problematic and will be a huge test, it's probably going to be a bumpy ride and I would be ecstatic if we were 4-4 at midseason. New faces in new places, its going to take some time to build chemistry, and in a year with much expected from DA and RM, fans are not going to take kindly to poor performance, the Raiders org has a lot of work to do and if this team implodes it will get ugly. We are about to see what kind of a leader Dennis Allen is, he has been given a pass the past 2 years, but now it is time to take all these parts and pieces and put them together and travel as far as London for an international audience.

I will say I think the London game is one we will remember, winning there would be a huge confidence builder.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East Coast games have been a bitch for us over the years.. The good thing is most of our FAs and draft picks are from the East Coast.. The FAs are all big game players that know how to prepare, and WIN big games on the East Coast!! All our Vets have young guys that are hungry and eager to learn the game sitting behind them..
All these Vets are pros and know how to play any system.. They will be ready for Geno Smith game 1..
Reggie has done his job.. Proven Winners in FA and a A+ rated draft to go with the talent we already had..
It all falls to DA, Olson, and Tarver, to game plan for these teams we will play..
If Geno Smith and CJ can BEAT.. Tuck, Woodly, Smith, McGee, Ellis, Sims, Wilson, Crawford, Roach, Burnett, Sio, MACK, Woodson, Branch, Hayden, Brown, Rogers, Carrie, Dowling, McGill?? We got the wrong coaching staff!! We only play 5 great QBs this year.. Brady, PM, Kap, RW, Rivers.. No excuse for not beating the rest of the QBs we play this year.. East Coast, West Coast means nothing!! Its HOT in Oakland Right DA??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and like DA.. He finally has good talent to coach up.. The season starts and stops at his feet though..
Its do or die in Oakland this year for DA and his staff.. Hopefully he is COY!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think the East Coast thing is real as many teams on the West Coast struggle even when they are good. Oakland definitely did not get a great favor from the schedule makers on this one as my guess is chemistry will be hard to have at that point in the season with so many new players still learning the offense and defense and having so many new especially young players that will play significant roles. If Oakland can come out of those first 4 games especially at .500 I will be impressed and consider them a legit team for the rest of the year. I would say all but the New England game Oakland should be thought of with a good chance of coming out on top but again just have to see how this team travels.

Now why the East Coast thing happens...Scientist have shown that our body has highs and lows throughout the day. Most NFL players are trained to have their bodies running at peak physical condition around mid-afternoon. So because the East Coast team's players are closer to running at that peak physical condition compared to West Coast teams a few hours behind they do have a physical advantage. Throw in the long travel leading to some jet lag as teams have tried for years to figure out the best traveling time for jumping time zones and every team does it different. Jet lag usually sets in something like 24 hours or so after landing so teams have tried to make sure they don't fly in till last minute while others try to arrive a couple of days early.

Again I definitely will be paying attention to those first few games for the Raiders at it really will set the tone for the rest of the season. I would see them going 0-4 in those games but I also could see them going 3-1.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hope for this team.. But i have hope every year, cuz without hope whats the point in being a fan?? Should i just pack it in already?? And lets talk 2015.. What coaching staff will we get?? Who do we draft with our #1 overall pick?? What do we do with ALL the cap money we will have?? When we start all over yet again..
Or should i have hope cuz this is the most talented team we have had since the Gruden years??
I look at the whole picture not just part of it.. We had a top 10 running game last year, with the worse OL maybe ever!! Big up grade this year.. Thanks Sparano for working magic with what you had!! The D was top 10 first part of the year, till injurys and lack of depth did it in.. All we had was Houston on the DL!! BIG UPGRADE this year..
At QB, Pryor, McGloin, Flynn.. This Year, Schaub, Carr, McGloin.. Big Upgrade, for the simple fact that Schuab is a proven Vet in this league!! The return of our SS Branch!! The Whiners two starting corners from last year, along with first round pick Haydens second year.. DA going on his 3rd year!! Great draft!! Alot of hope for this Raider fan anyways!!
Win or lose i will be here discussing why we WON or lost!! If we bust?? Oh well, lets talk about what coaching staff we will get!! If we WIN?? Let the good times roll eh??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason not to have optimism Idaho. Your team had a pretty good off season and look like they actually have a competent team for the first time in a while. This is the time of year that fans should be optimistic that they are going to see a good team out on the field. Every year I like to think the Broncos have a very good chance at the playoffs. Sometimes they make me look good and other times I've seen them go 4-12. Oakland definitely has a chance to make some noise but I do look at that monster schedule and see something like 10 of the 16 games against playoff teams last year. They will definitely earn it if they do well this season. If nothing else they have built a pretty darn good foundation with a good draft (or at least what looks like a good one) that sets them up well for the future. They maybe got the face of both their defense and offense in the same draft. Hard to do that. We shall see if they live up to expectations.

Cheers to a good season and a bringing back of one of the most hated rivalries in all the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on cd!! And yeah man having hope is a good thing.. Without hope all thats left is bitterness!! I never roll that way, i just let the season prove me right or wrong.. Oh dont get my wrong, in the back of my mind i knew the deal, all these past years, but i still had that tiny bit of hope that this could be the year!! Well we know how all that went down eh?? This year is not the same, the team has real talent all up and down that roster!! This is a 10-6 roster if it plays up to its talent level and coached right!! The first time since Gruden that i truly believe that.. Now will it happen?? I HOPE!! lol..
The monster schedule?? I will tell you this?? Half those teams will bust!! It happens every year, and it will be the same this year.. Bad QB play, key injury, crappy coaching, etc!!
Schaub\Carr and coaching is the key to 10-6!!
If Shcaub is on his game?? He is better than most QBs we play!! Good QB play= Real chance.. Bad QB play=4-12
Other than Campbell, look at the QB play since Gannon, Thats all you need to know.. If the QB sucks, the team and coaching follow..

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hope for this team.. But i have hope every year, cuz without hope whats the point in being a fan?? Should i just pack it in already?? And lets talk 2015.. What coaching staff will we get?? Who do we draft with our #1 overall pick?? What do we do with ALL the cap money we will have?? When we start all over yet again..
Or should i have hope cuz this is the most talented team we have had since the Gruden years??
I look at the whole picture not just part of it.. We had a top 10 running game last year, with the worse OL maybe ever!! Big up grade this year.. Thanks Sparano for working magic with what you had!! The D was top 10 first part of the year, till injurys and lack of depth did it in.. All we had was Houston on the DL!! BIG UPGRADE this year..
At QB, Pryor, McGloin, Flynn.. This Year, Schaub, Carr, McGloin.. Big Upgrade, for the simple fact that Schuab is a proven Vet in this league!! The return of our SS Branch!! The Whiners two starting corners from last year, along with first round pick Haydens second year.. DA going on his 3rd year!! Great draft!! Alot of hope for this Raider fan anyways!!
Win or lose i will be here discussing why we WON or lost!! If we bust?? Oh well, lets talk about what coaching staff we will get!! If we WIN?? Let the good times roll eh??

:suds::suds::suds::suds:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors out there, that Reggie trying to trade for Andre Johnson.. That would be a trip if that were happen..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors out there, that Reggie trying to trade for Andre Johnson.. That would be a trip if that were happen..

I think the Raiders should definitely be looking to add some WRs, pretty quiet on that position so far, Dre Johnson would surely give Schaub a boost!

I expect to see some moves made to bolster the WR corps, maybe after the cut-downs start eh?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of East Coast. I think if we're going to start against any team in the East, I'm glad it's NYJ. We stink in MIA & usually fair no better in BUF either. NYJ, most likely, is still a team in flux. CLE or JAX wouldn't be bad venues either. In the NFC, I suppose TB wouldn't be a bad place to begin the season.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of East Coast. I think if we're going to start against any team in the East, I'm glad it's NYJ. We stink in MIA & usually fair no better in BUF either. NYJ, most likely, is still a team in flux. CLE or JAX wouldn't be bad venues either. In the NFC, I suppose TB wouldn't be a bad place to begin the season.

It's a great schedule. Sure we open on the EastCoast but we can get acclimated to it since it's game #1.

The only biotch is that we have to go back to the Eastcoast for the Pats game in week 3 and then there's a road game in Cleveland after 3 straight at home.

The schedule is favorable as far as " travel distance" goes. Benefit of playing 10 games vs AFC/NFC west and getting Miami and Buffalo at Home.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flaraider, im sure Reggie is working those back channels on that AJ front.. Alot of teams are in fact!! 100-1400-5TDs.. ALL-PRO Player.. Schaub is a HUGE part of what AJ is today, that also is a fact.. Add AJ to the Raiders?? And suddenly we would have a top 5 WRs corps in the NFL!! IMO..
Ya know the guy im really looking forward to see play?? Well besides all of them lol. is the 6-5 leaper Andre Holmes!! The last 5 games of the year, McGloin would just chuck the ball up, and he would come down with it.. Better QB play= better WR play eh??
The good thing is?? Reggie gots some CASH put away, just for a rainy day.. Be it AJ, CB, WR, DE, depth, im sure Reggie will add a player or two before the season starts..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, this is how i see it.. Most of our D players have played the best, and beat the best QBs in the NFL.. These are the first 4 QBs we play.. Geno Smith, Fitz, Brady, Tannihill.. If our D gets OWNED in all 4 games?? That would be such a huge let down, that Tarver should be fired!! But i think our D holds.. Hybrid D!!
I think it comes down to Schaub, our Power RUN game, and monster size OL Vs those Ds!! RUN right at those DTs!! Punish that D!! Then let Schaub do what he is a beast at, Play-Action!! Spread the ball around!! Thats the Raiders game plan.. Heck our season just might come down to SeaBass foot!!
East Coast-West Coast does not matter.. How bad do you want it does..Imo.. JUST WIN..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, if we were to some how get AJ.. This is what would be said.. Oh that AJ is washed up!! He sucks now!! What were The Raiders thinking!! But if a team like the Pats, Donks etc were to get him?? They would be like.. OMG!! That is one of the greatest moves that team has EVER made!! AJ is a MONSTER!! Blah Blah!! And we all know it.. The Raider hate is strong in the media.. It will be that much better when the Raiders WIN.. I love being a Raider Fan!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing with AJ that you have to remember is there is a difference in perception between the raiders and those other teams. If the broncos or patriots bring him in they are pushing for a Super Bowl so one good season where he helps them do that is worth it. Most still view the raiders in rebuilding mode so getting a guy like AJ means spending $10 million a year on a guy when that could be used towards some players that will help out beyond just a year or two. Throw in have to remember AJ is upset because he is on a team that is rebuilding where he wants a shot at a championship. Not quite sure even with AJ that the Raiders are in a spot to offer much more in hopes of a championship. Yes they will be better this year but there is still some building to do to compete and spending big money on older veterans usually doesn't equal success on a regular basis. Ask yourself can that $10 million a year be better served elsewhere to make us a team that can compete for many years compared to just a couple?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear not the money cd.. We will have plenty of loot to keep who we want, or get who we want.. And All our Vets have a young guy waiting in the wings.. Our roster is built for the future, with young Derek Carr and a host of other young players, and its built to WIN now with Schaub, Tuck and the other Vets.. Now cd, im not saying AJ is in the bag at all.. Its just rumors dude.. Im sure half the league is asking the Texans what they want..
My last post was about Media hate.. If the Raiders would get him?? Suddenly he would suck and cant ball anymore, washed up!! Even if hes balling with the guy that MADE him.. Now if the Pats were to get him?? He would be the best thing since Jerry Rice!! Im not talking about SBs, im talking about hate.. With that said, im ok with what we have at WR, but i would welcome AJ with open arms as well.. Heck every fan base would welcome a player like him..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would go as far as to say Schaub is the guy that made him. Last year when Schaub was out AJ had some of his best games of the season. I'm pretty sure most in the league would say AJ helped make Schaub more than the other way around. Not saying Schaub is a slouch of a quarterback but having a guy like AJ definitely helps any quarterback in the league. Kind of like last year with Gordon in I don't think many would say the quarterbacks throwing him the football "Made" him what he was.

My thoughts on AJ more deal with his perception than anything. He wants a trade because he is in an organization that just tried to get younger and realizes they are not winning the Super Bowl in the next year or two. So then for him to be traded to an organization trying to do the same thing just doesn't seem like he would be too happy about it.

Again that is why the Pats getting him makes sense. They are in a Super Bowl window for the next few years with Brady and are lacking a true #1 receiver. AJ is a guy that most would say puts them possibly over the top to be considered the best team in the AFC over the Broncos. Throw in I think AJ would love that idea of getting a HOF quarterback throwing him the football.

Now having said all of that the Texans have said AJ is off limits. First off contract issues would be an issue as they would take a bit time dead money hit. So the trade off to get him would have to be huge for them to do something like that. Are you willing to say trade 2 1st round picks to get a veteran that might give you 2-3 good years? To me that sounds like the old Raiders not the new regime focused on building through the draft.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, no way would i give 2 1st for AJ.. I was thinking more like a 4rd and maybe DMo or maybe even McGloin..McGloin and their NEW HC go back to Penn ST!! Heck McG is better then any QB on their roster right now IMO.. How bad do the Texans want a QB?? McG or Mallet?? Hmmmmmmmm
cd, this whole AJ thing is just a rumor man.. Something to help pass this slow off season.. Besides in about two weeks all fans will be focus on what we all have, and not these rumors that spring up in the off season..
Oh and like i said im ready to go into battle with what we have.. Sure AJ would be nice, but im good with what we got as well.. We are coming for your team!!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, no way would i give 2 1st for AJ.. I was thinking more like a 4rd and maybe DMo or maybe even McGloin..McGloin and their NEW HC go back to Penn ST!! Heck McG is better then any QB on their roster right now IMO.. How bad do the Texans want a QB?? McG or Mallet?? Hmmmmmmmm
cd, this whole AJ thing is just a rumor man.. Something to help pass this slow off season.. Besides in about two weeks all fans will be focus on what we all have, and not these rumors that spring up in the off season..
Oh and like i said im ready to go into battle with what we have.. Sure AJ would be nice, but im good with what we got as well.. We are coming for your team!!

I agree ID. Do not mortgage the future on AJ. That is the old mentality. If we get AJ on the cheap, go for it, Marky-Mark, RM. :suds: