• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - July 1st Free Agency: I'll take Patrick Rissmiller for $4.0m Alex!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think they'd trade away Hagelin and Kreider for Boyle +? If so, what other piece would have to be added? I was just less than impressed than what Howson got back for Rick Nash. Would Philly be a better trade partner for Boyle? What type of package would you be seeking from them?

I doubt there is any chance they'd trade Kreider for Boyle. I can't see any GM giving up young higher end top six potential for Dan Boyle. He might be able to fetch a younger player who's projected to top out to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener like Matt Read (PHI) or Lars Eller (MTL) maybe but for the most part I'd expect the return on Boyle to be older players (30+).

I really haven't looked much so I don't know who might be a good trading partner with San Jose.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG this would be so cool if this impossible thing happened!!! :whoo::high5: I'm gonna get excited about it now so I can blame Marleau for it later when we don't get him. I kick ass.:first:

/scene

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well the players don't sound optimistic.....Just saw a friend who has close ties to a lot of the guys, and he said Thornton just told him he'd be surprised if they start playing anytime before December.....Great....

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the players don't sound optimistic.....Just saw a friend who has close ties to a lot of the guys, and he said Thornton just told him he'd be surprised if they start playing anytime before December.....Great....

:doh: I don't like the sound of that!?!?! :mad2:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all knew it was coming. The lockout isnt as shocking as some of the dumb shit Dwil pulls...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We all knew it was coming. The lockout isnt as shocking as some of the dumb shit Dwil pulls...

It actually will be shocking to me if these dumb asses don't get the season started on time.
This isn't the NFL or MLB, and the NHL can't afford to piss off the fans. It took them awhile to recover last time, and could be even worse if they do it again.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:doh: I don't like the sound of that!?!?! :mad2:

Not what I wanted to hear either. Not sure how much Thornton is privy to on what's going on, but when the Captain of the team doesn't think they'll be playing for a while, I take notice.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dunno with all the signings today i think that might not be the case. You'd think the league and players would look at the NBA season and their own debacles the last 2 times around and would knock this thingout

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like basketball but I cannot stand the NBA and the direction it's going. I am actually really surprised they aren't locked out every year. I'd love to watch basketball without players ego's that are bigger than the plays they make... and only 8-9 teams have won the championship since I was born in 85'

How in the world does that sport keep going? I mean there are not enough teams that can compete year after year and they have the lottery system which is a complete joke. Do I even need to bring up it's going to be Lakers and Heat in the finals? It's disgusting really.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like basketball but I cannot stand the NBA and the direction it's going. I am actually really surprised they aren't locked out every year. I'd love to watch basketball without players ego's that are bigger than the plays they make... and only 8-9 teams have won the championship since I was born in 85'

How in the world does that sport keep going? I mean there are not enough teams that can compete year after year and they have the lottery system which is a complete joke. Do I even need to bring up it's going to be Lakers and Heat in the finals? It's disgusting really.

:kev:
FUCK THE NBA! they are all a bunch of pvssy's

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dunno with all the signings today i think that might not be the case. You'd think the league and players would look at the NBA season and their own debacles the last 2 times around and would knock this thingout

Yeah, you still see all these signings because the owners are stupid. The need to be saved from themselves.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: so do any of you think Doan is still a option for the Sharks? If not Doan, could the Sharks pull off a Ignla trade if Calgary shits the bed this season?

First off we need the NHL & NHLPA to get their shit together, I don't know what the hold up is but I say we lock them in a room and have a firing squad waiting with their guns drawn. Once a agreement is agreed on then they can come out and enjoy life.

:yell:I want to see a full fucking season of hockey this year! I for one will be one pissed off hockey fan if a lock out happens. :mad2:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:think: so do any of you think Doan is still a option for the Sharks? If not Doan, could the Sharks pull off a Ignla trade if Calgary shits the bed this season?

First off we need the NHL & NHLPA to get their shit together, I don't know what the hold up is but I say we lock them in a room and have a firing squad waiting with their guns drawn. Once a agreement is agreed on then they can come out and enjoy life.

:yell:I want to see a full fucking season of hockey this year! I for one will be one pissed off hockey fan if a lock out happens. :mad2:

Doan should sign with someone right now. Why wait for the new CBA?? He isn't going to get more $$$ than he can get right now. That is if $$ is his main concern. If his top priorities are winning and location, I guess he can just sign whenever.
Would love to see him come here, but I doubt it happens.