• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread for Heat games December 9th-14th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momma put paolo to bed at 10 on Fridays I see

2-3 trip.....not the end of the world

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the entire game from bed next while deep inside of your mother. It was fun watching the Heat give up a big lead so you faggots can start panicking and blaiming it on the coaches as per usual instead of the chumps on the court.

As CB said, “ its all about the meanlity of the players” if they arent mentality and physical engaged in the game, they wont have what it takes to get through the adversity in games and pull wins as was the case last night. It is on the players, at least CB realizes it, and they got it done last night. As long as the players continue to realize its on them and do their jobs, we can continue to win, no matter how we get there.
Bosh: ?It?s All About the Mentality of the Players? « CBS Miami

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Pat Riley wasting Dwyane Wade's two years on a whim of 2016, making Wade the Kobe Bryant of the East (aging superstars still at a high level) with the current roster? -- Nikki.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: Actually, that's a legitimate comparison, but not necessarily for the reasons you're considering. Like Kobe, Wade already has his championships, and while he's not necessarily sated, he's also accepting of the NBA renewal process when it comes to teams having to reload. What Wade wants, and what Kobe has demanded, is a competitive roster. While that might not necessarily be the case with the Lakers, Pat Riley made that a Heat priority in the offseason when he added Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng and Danny Granger, while also maintaining the needed flexibility for 2016. This is not like Mark Cuban ripping apart the Mavericks from under Dirk Nowitzki's feet after Dallas won the 2011 championship. The Heat knew after last season -- with Shane Battier retiring and many others getting on in years -- that there would have to be change. Then LeBron James made change a necessity. The Heat remain in win-now mode, and have the (huge) advantage over the Lakers that they play in the Eastern Conference. With Chris Bosh and Luol Deng, Wade had enough alongside Friday against the Jazz.

Q: Give the young bigs some more playing time. You don't know what you have until you play in real games. -- Daniel.

A: Well, Justin Hamilton has been getting his playing time be default, with McRoberts out. But Hassan Whiteside essentially just arrived, and that's going to take time. But, again, for all those who insist the Heat should play young players, would you also be willing to accept a sub-.500 season, maybe not even making the playoffs? The reality is there are veterans who can contribute more, and the playing time for the young bigs figures only to decrease once McRoberts and Chris Andersen return. It's not as if the Heat will be playing Udonis Haslem ahead of the kids. At least I don't think it will happen that often. I'll be honest, Hamilton has shown me more than I thought he had.

Q: I will be shocked if Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are named to the All-Star team, even as reserves. -- Julio.

A: First, it's the East. I think Wade will get in through the fan vote. And Bosh likely deserves one of the frontcourt spots. But . . . if the Heat are five games under .500 or something like that when the coaches vote for reserves, I could see reluctance to having two players from such a team. It could come down to the Heat's record in January. It would put pressure on conferences coaches if Wade isn't voted in, and if they therefore felt compelled to make a choice between Wade and Bosh, with the East far stronger in the backcourt than frontcourt.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow they sent napier to the dleague....that makes absolutely no sense

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napier and Whiteside to the D-League. In the case of Whiteside, its good because it will give him playing time and continue to showcase if he is worthy of a roster spot. Might also indicate that Chris Andersen is ready, though he hasnt shown much in the little that he has played - and wouldnt expect much from him in his first few games back. In the case of Napier it is a bit unfortunate - but saw it coming as his minutes have been decreased the last few games. It does make sense for Napier because he does have to work on his ball handling hes got 45 assist and 37 turnoves. That has to improve if he wants playing time, especialy important minutes.

As Ira stated, for Hassan it is more about playing time, for Napier it is more about assignment purposes and he should be back rather soon.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, again, must point out just how stupid this fan base is - as soon as the move was made people were assuming and suggesting we pick up or trade for this guy and the other - People just dont understand they still count towards the roster limit while in the D-League. The stupidity within this fan base is off the charts

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesnt have confidence in himself, if he cant motivate himself - hes got no one to blame but himself. The assist/turnover ratio was a problem for Napier even in pre-season so its no surprise its happening now - he needs to work on that

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I living on Fantasy Island or is there still hope when all hands are on deck for a decent run into the postseason? -- Daniel, Sydney, Australia.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: Usually by the quarter pole of the season you tend to know who you are. This season's Heat, however, I think could be an exception, because of the lack of continuity to this point. They have yet to get an extended run with their preferred starting lineup, and have yet to explore the possibilities of Josh McRoberts. What they need is an extended run of games with a set rotation to see if Plan A still has potential. That, of course, will require health, which has been in short supply. With Chris Bosh, Luol Deng, Dwyane Wade, McRoberts and your choice of the point guards, the Heat should be able to make a run at the middle of the pack in the East. But the reality is that Chicago and Cleveland are going to be very good, and Toronto and Washington don't look like they're going away. Factor in Atlanta's strong start and avoiding the Bulls and Cavaliers in the first round might be a reasonable goal for the Heat, albeit something far different than their previous reality.

Q: I have heard many storylines this year already pertaining to the Heat. But one story that has been understated is deciphering what exactly is going on with Danny Granger? Do you think the Heat bit off more than they can chew? I know we have seen him in limited minutes this season, but he has looked awful. It takes times to get your legs -- or, in his case, knees -- back, but I guess my greater concern is where he even fits on this team. We're seeing more from James Ennis than we thought we'd see (regardless of how raw he is) and if Deng and McRoberts can stay healthy, I'm not sure how many minutes Granger gets. Your thoughts? -- George, Toronto.

A: I think you've been seeing more of Granger lately (besides the injuries to others) because the staff wants to get a read on what's there. Watching Danny play off the ball, it's as if his confidence is shot. He used to play with tremendous swagger. Now, perhaps because of the injuries, he melts into the background. I think Spoelstra is doing the right thing in probing with Granger, but the results have been tepid. But it also is important that a young player like Ennis earn his minutes, rather than be gifted them simply because of the lack of alternative.

Q: What if the starting five for the Eastern Conference All-Star team was Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Kevin Love and Chris Bosh? The way Carmelo Anthony has been playing, the frontcourt for the East could be set. The backcourt is a bit of a question mark, but totally possible. -- Tommy.

A: Hmm, sort of like a before-and-after shot with LeBron? Interesting . . . and something that could at least happen during the course of the game. I'm not sure Bosh has the requisite popularity to win the fan vote, and I think the marketing of Carmelo and Derrick Rose still means plenty for their chances. But no matter who the East coach turns out to be, a lineup of LeBron, Bosh, Love, Wade and Kyrie would be fascinating and fun to watch at some point (unless David Blatt is coaching and doesn't want to remind LeBron of what used to be).

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can get guys back and healthy and can avoid Diva SITTING OUT games for no reason and we can build some continuity.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keeep bringing up Wade in all your post? He missed a few games due to a legit injury. Funny how you don't bitch about McRoberts and Bird missing games due to legit injuries as well.

Wade is the only reason the Heat aren't a bad team. We saw how shitty they were when he was out.

This team would be as bad as Charlotte or Indiana with no Wade.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight will be another game where Pat will look like a fool for not getting some big guys in the summer.

Noah, Gasol, & Gibson will destroy us on the glass. I will be stunned if the Bulls are not +15 at least on the boards

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight will be another game where Pat will look like a fool for not getting some big guys in the summer.

Noah, Gasol, & Gibson will destroy us on the glass. I will be stunned if the Bulls are not +15 at least on the boards

Yeah, the small ball approach is definitely hindering this team right now. I'm surprised that Pat was willing to stick with this approach after Lebron left.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Riley felt like Bosh/Andersen/Haslem and Deng could get enough boards to keep us in there. Andersen being hurt and not playing well has hurt this team more than most people think. I think this will be a good game tonight.. Wade vs Butler should be a fun match up to watch.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keeep bringing up Wade in all your post? He missed a few games due to a legit injury. Funny how you don't bitch about McRoberts and Bird missing games due to legit injuries as well.

Because there is nothing legit about that bitch SITTING OUT games. McRob and Andersen are real injuries - and guys who actually give it all they have and then some , even when injured unlike your boy the diva.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there is nothing legit about that bitch SITTING OUT games. McRob and Andersen are real injuries - and guys who actually give it all they have and then some , even when injured unlike your boy the diva.

Yeah Wade doesn't give his all.

Yeah a hamstring injury isn't a serious injury....But a ankle sprain and a blister injury is? That bitch is the only reason why the Heat are not 10 games under .500

Your hate for Wade is comical.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hate for Wade is comical.

Comical is how butt hurt you get when someone is critical of something you support. Or doesnt agree with your views.

Regarldless of injury, McRob and even Andersen, in his underwhelming performances so far this season, has given more effort than your boy diva. They dont fail to get back on defense because they are complaining to refs or pointing fingers at teammates. That isnt hate - that is being constructively critical - huge difference - but you are so hard on his dick you cant see it. Done speaking to a young child.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McRob out, and CB out due to calf strain - this makes those D-League demotions even dumber. Will need Deng and company to step it up, we know diva often plays like a bitch vs his home-town team , though at least this one is at home - so maybe he has a chance