• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread for Heat games December 9th-14th

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week slate of games has the Heat at Phoenix, at Denver, at Utah, at home vs Chicago

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We won't win a game
We may not make the playoffs....in this week Eastern conference. I think we win 1 or 2 of those games at most. Our defense has to make some adjustments and improve.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I get my hopes up thinking about the 2002-2003 Lakers and their amazing run after that 11-19 start, but then I come back down to earth when I realize this team has no one in their roster who can do half the work Shaq did in the paint. Damn, we need someone who can control the paint so fucking bad. Someone who will block shots, gets us 10+ rebounds, and scores at least 13 a night.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This season is a waste
We need to give it another month or so. Really depends on how stubborn the coaches are and how much the veterans want to invest into learning a new system and giving max effort. Wade needs to lead by example. He has been brilliant on offense, but very mediocre on defense and it sets a tone.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year will be more or less the same.
We are reliving 08-10.

Honestly if they looked more like the 08-09 or 09-10 teams I could deal with this because at least we were a good defensive teams both years. In 08-09 we were just outside the top 10 and in 09-10 we were top 5.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought tickets for next tuesday in Barclays Center against Brooklyn.

One benefit of Lebron leaving the Heat (for me since I live out of state) is much cheaper tickets. I paid $80 bucks for my tickets which is the section above floor seats while when Lebron was with Miami, I used to pay $120 or more for nosebleed seats (even though most seats in Brooklyn aren't that bad)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if they looked more like the 08-09 or 09-10 teams I could deal with this because at least we were a good defensive teams both years. In 08-09 we were just outside the top 10 and in 09-10 we were top 5.

I agree with the evaluation.
I was more or less stating my opinion of Riley's mindset.
He won't do anything to lose his cap space.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest problems with this staff is they have this all backwards. Instead of adjusting to the new players strengths & weaknesses, they make no adjustments and expect the players to adjust to their system

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What names are available in 15-16 that riley is so big on having the cap space for? I know durant, but there is 0% chance he comes to Miami. Why would he come here to a team that at that point will have a retired Wade, an overpaid Bosh and not much else Plus no way Durant wants to follow in lebrons footsteps and come to Miami to win his first championship. He either stays where he is or goes to Washington. Who else will be available?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw James Jones name pop up in some trade scenarios for the Cavs to get Prince. How do you think Jones would react if he were to be traded. He followed Lebron there because im sure Lebron promised him playing time and such. Which is funny because im sure he would be playing alot more if he actually stayed with the Heat.. Do you think Lebron can veto a trade if it involves sending Jones?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
veterans want to invest into learning a new system and giving max effort.
[/QUOTE

THIS is the ONE and ONLY problem with the team. And THIS is what it will take for the team to improve - THEY need to be willing to give max effort , but kinda hard when your so called best player and captain is the biggest diva of them all and who rarely gives max effort unless its to complain for a foul.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not make the playoffs....in this week Eastern conference. I think we win 1 or 2 of those games at most. Our defense has to make some adjustments and improve.

Taking the bk-route , eh? he decreases our win total chances on a nightly basis after a loss - but you took it to a whole new level saying we wont make the playoffs. We have lost 4 in a row and still remain as the 7th seed - most seasons, most teams, even this early - would have dropped out of the picture already - and yet, we still remain 7th only 20 games in - putting together even just 1-2 wins in a row could get us back into the middle of the pack at least.

But, again, I am enjoying these games - and enjoying the humbling losses just as much. Its what this lousy fan base needed and deserves. When we put some wins together, people will be back. And anyone concerned with attendance because of these losses, attendance was an issue to a degree even before this stretch - you know, because that big name player is gone and that is all this fan base cares about - Like I said last night, this is probably the best part of these losses - it will show who the real and fake fans are, which is about 90 % of the fan base.

Its the same deal currently with the Fins - when we were winning and had higher chances of playoffs , people were showing up to games and people who hadnt gone in a while or ever wanted to show up - now, everyone is bitching about the Fins again - but watch how they jump back in if they win the next game.

Good times to be a fan in this city. Good times indeed.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but think that we wasted our cap money by overpaying for Udonis Haslem, Chris Andersen and Danny Granger. I believe the money spent could have gotten us a couple of quality contributors that would have made a big difference in our ability to compete. Lance Stephenson and Andre Blatche perhaps? Better interior and perimeter defense, rebounding and outside shooting. Loyalty begins with giving the fans who pay the bills the best product possible. -- Dave.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
There were actually some positives last night. It was good to see McRoberts and Deng worked into the offense more. The offense, until the 4th quarter, looked more like the team ball we saw in the first few games. Defense still a sieve though. Seeing Bosh out by the 3-point line defending a PG...
JOSH22
AT 10:19 AM DECEMBER 08, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: The reality is that the Heat did a lot of borrowing against the future during the four seasons they went to the NBA Finals, which the fans seemed to relish, no matter the cost in future dollars. With Birdman, two seasons at the minimum and two at the Early Bird seasons on this latest contract essentially equate to the $4 million a season his play had dictated. With Haslem, it has been a steady push of money into the future. As for Granger, it seems like a typical NBA gamble with damaged goods, hoping for the best. The reality is this would not have been the mix had it been clear at the start of free agency that LeBron James was leaving. Instead, the Heat were left to deal with charred remains. The only way this works going forward is if Luol Deng and Josh McRoberts prove those investments to have been prudent. Each is a unique player, and those adjustments are going to require time and additional continuity.

Q: Ira, can we stop anyone's guards? -- James.

A: Not point guards. And that's a concern, because while Shabazz Napier may be many things with his youthful promise, being a lockdown point guard is not one of them. Norris Cole previously had some postseason moments that created promise as a defensive stopper, but he has appeared to regress in that regard. And Mario Chalmers is more about going for steals than straight-up defense, something this team cannot afford with its lack of deterrence at the rim.

Q: Ira, Haslem came back and the Heat rebounded. Coincidence? -- Howard.

A: Now the decision for Erik Spoelstra is to decide how much those rebounds matter, as opposed to having another scorer on the court, or even more length when Birdman comes back. I didn't understand why Justin Hamilton had been playing ahead of Haslem, but stretching the floor apparently was a priority. Now it has to be rebounding and defense, which could open the door again for Haslem.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still want to blame the coaches for the players brought in - and as I remember, I wasnt the only one hyped on this board about some of these signings. If players get the job done, the wins will come and the people will shut up.

The only good question asked in this latest Ask Ira is about UD and how it is basically no coincidence we rebounded slightly better - He needs to play more and come in early - He may even have to start at C to put Soft-Bosh back at the 4, or 3 where he can better and more rightly settle for his nightly 3’s. Bosh at the center position is just that, a title given to him based on where he is slotted in the lineup - he certainly doesnt play like a center. He is as soft as they come. Larry Bird would say he is S-O-F-T. He is useless to this team until he decides to live inside.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Taking the bk-route , eh? he decreases our win total chances on a nightly basis after a loss - but you took it to a whole new level saying we wont make the playoffs. We have lost 4 in a row and still remain as the 7th seed - most seasons, most teams, even this early - would have dropped out of the picture already - and yet, we still remain 7th only 20 games in - putting together even just 1-2 wins in a row could get us back into the middle of the pack at least.

But, again, I am enjoying these games - and enjoying the humbling losses just as much. Its what this lousy fan base needed and deserves. When we put some wins together, people will be back. And anyone concerned with attendance because of these losses, attendance was an issue to a degree even before this stretch - you know, because that big name player is gone and that is all this fan base cares about - Like I said last night, this is probably the best part of these losses - it will show who the real and fake fans are, which is about 90 % of the fan base.

Its the same deal currently with the Fins - when we were winning and had higher chances of playoffs , people were showing up to games and people who hadnt gone in a while or ever wanted to show up - now, everyone is bitching about the Fins again - but watch how they jump back in if they win the next game.

Good times to be a fan in this city. Good times indeed.
Still to early to tell what will happen, but if we continue to play like we have the last two weeks, we WILL miss the playoffs. Our defense has been historically awful and worse than our expansion teams. I was very realistic at the beginning of the year. I thought we were a 6th or 7th seed and would struggle to get to 42-45 wins. Still time to turn it around. Where we differ is that you seem to think that Spolestra is perfect, and most of us think he needs to tweak his system. I also feel more effort is needed from our guards and more focus, but the system is just not doing well.