• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next book has been announced for release next summer, I think.

IIRC, there is supposed to be two more books in the series. Do you know if that is correct? If so it may be another decade before we read the ending.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, there is supposed to be two more books in the series. Do you know if that is correct? If so it may be another decade before we read the ending.
that's correct, 2 more books.

and so be it. I am in no rush. There are plenty of other things I can read.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's correct, 2 more books.

and so be it. I am in no rush. There are plenty of other things I can read.

I just could not get into the books. I read over 500 pages into Clash of Kings and feel like I learned nothing from reading either book. Clancy is about the only fiction writer that has ever really gripped my attention.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just could not get into the books. I read over 500 pages into Clash of Kings and feel like I learned nothing from reading either book. Clancy is about the only fiction writer that has ever really gripped my attention.
to each their own.

I can't disagree, the novels can be somewhat difficult to get into.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each their own.

I can't disagree, the novels can be somewhat difficult to get into.

It is mostly me and I am not knocking Martin in any way. Fiction has never been my forte except when historical events are incorporated into the story. GOT is the first fantasy book that I have read outside of any coursework from my school days. I really feel the same about movies/TV ... outside of absurd comedy or documentary I have no real interest.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same for me.
Could never get into Tolkien either.

Too much verbosity.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mostly me and I am not knocking Martin in any way. Fiction has never been my forte except when historical events are incorporated into the story. GOT is the first fantasy book that I have read outside of any coursework from my school days. I really feel the same about movies/TV ... outside of absurd comedy or documentary I have no real interest.

Having been born in the early 70s, I grew up with D&D and the early horror slasher movies.
Stephen King.
Dean R Koontz.
Clive Barker.

Love all those genres.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having been born in the early 70s, I grew up with D&D and the early horror slasher movies.
Stephen King.
Dean R Koontz.
Clive Barker.

Love all those genres.

I am just a few years older but was young enough to enjoy them as well. I just did not for some reason. I could spend days playing board games(Axis and Allies is my favorite) but would commit mass murder to leave a D&D game after five minutes. Outside of Cujo, I don't like King. This is not a reflection on his work nor slasher movies, I just am not interested in them.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criticism of the 8th season probably was overblown, but only because it wasn't THAT much worse than the previous 3 season which were also not good.
For me, seasons 4 and 6 were my favorites. Season 7 started really showing chinks in the armor so to speak but there was still some good stuff. Season 8 felt like Dan and Dave had no clue on how to wrap things up without any new book material.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my only complaint with the final season was the death of Cersei.

For all the despicable acts she committed, her demise was rather tame and lame.
If only her and Jaime stood a couple feet to the left.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo I just watched GoT. Actually I am not completely done with it, will be done either tonight or tomorrow night (currently on episode 3 of season 8). I will say this, I think it is overrated. It isn't bad, but people talked about this as if it is was the greatest show of all time without comparison.

But I will say this... the Red Wedding was a surprise. I am not shocked very often, I am always thinking about how things will unfold, but I did not see that coming, so that was refreshing in that regard. I actually paced around the house for about 5 minutes after that episode lol.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo I just watched GoT. Actually I am not completely done with it, will be done either tonight or tomorrow night (currently on episode 3 of season 8). I will say this, I think it is overrated. It isn't bad, but people talked about this as if it is was the greatest show of all time without comparison.

But I will say this... the Red Wedding was a surprise. I am not shocked very often, I am always thinking about how things will unfold, but I did not see that coming, so that was refreshing in that regard. I actually paced around the house for about 5 minutes after that episode lol.

It was really, really good for a while. The first 5 or so seasons were definitely worthy of GOAT discussion(not the best but definitely in the running imo) but it fades quickly. Still very, very good but definitely not in the greatest convo.

Hell, imo it's not even a top 3 all time HBO drama.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When she went crazy and burned the entire city, I fell in love with her. Does that mean there's something wrong with me? ;)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was really, really good for a while. The first 5 or so seasons were definitely worthy of GOAT discussion(not the best but definitely in the running imo) but it fades quickly. Still very, very good but definitely not in the greatest convo.

Hell, imo it's not even a top 3 all time HBO drama.
Yeah. I finished it last night. The ending was.... just dumb. A very stupid way of ending it in my opinion.

I would probably give it a 6.5 out of 10. I was talking to a friend and I told him that I thought Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, Ozark (not meant to be Netflix specific)... are all probably better, at least in my opinion. He thinks I'm crazy though.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I finished it last night. The ending was.... just dumb. A very stupid way of ending it in my opinion.

I would probably give it a 6.5 out of 10. I was talking to a friend and I told him that I thought Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, Ozark (not meant to be Netflix specific)... are all probably better, at least in my opinion. He thinks I'm crazy though.
The worst conclusion to an epic series.....................................ever! The last season was mailed in.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will review this after I have finished Season 1!

(I've had it on bluray since last year. What the hell is wrong with me? Amazon just emailed me in the last coupla weeks to say Season 2 is available too. Much catching up to do.)
i just finished season 1, its going to be sweet to see the young king die in season 3

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst conclusion to an epic series.....................................ever! The last season was mailed in.
A lot of people were saying that, I actually thought the last season was pretty good. The last episode wasn't however and the overall ending sucked ass.