• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could've written one page per day and had two books done easy
I tried reading the books and it is sooooo slow I threw in the towel. My wife who is a librarian and devours books said the same and threw in the towel halfway through the first one.

I can't imagine anyone having so much time on their hands and the patience to burn to get through these books. It just feels more like something I should get paid to do rather than do it for fun.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin can eat a bag of dicks. HBO finished that story for me when his lazy ass decided he'd rather crossdress as an orc and play D&D instead of writing. And HBO destroyed it so...

Yeah. I've wasted a lot of time on this material.
Don’t act like you’ve never crossdressed as an Orc.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried reading the books and it is sooooo slow I threw in the towel. My wife who is a librarian and devours books said the same and threw in the towel halfway through the first one.

I can't imagine anyone having so much time on their hands and the patience to burn to get through these books. It just feels more like something I should get paid to do rather than do it for fun.
I assume that neither of you are into the fantasy genres. What kind of books do you two read?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume that neither of you are into the fantasy genres. What kind of books do you two read?
I read science fiction and business-related books for the most part. She reads pretty much anything but I would say fantasy is her least favorite fiction.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deadline (heh, most appropriately-titled media outlet for this news :laugh:):

"Next Game of Thrones Novel The Winds of Winter May Arrive in 2021, Author George R.R. Martin Claims"

(also, headline should more accurately read "Next A Song of Ice and Fire Novel," but that won't get as many clicks)
I wonder how many people will actually care by that point? I'm sure that you'll have the die hard fans that'll still buy it. The casual readers probably not so much with last years series finale becoming more and more a distant memory with each passing day (along with the finale being so horrible that a lot of people got turned off by the whole series).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many people will actually care by that point? I'm sure that you'll have the die hard fans that'll still buy it. The casual readers probably not so much with last years series finale becoming more and more a distant memory with each passing day (along with the finale being so horrible that a lot of people got turned off by the whole series).

There's no chance I'd go back and catch up with the other books. I know the show was pretty close until they ran out of source material. I'd consider reading but yea he blew a pretty solid opportunity to capitalize.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will for sure still read it. I doubt I will go back and read the previous 5 books, but I am sure plenty of people will.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with reading the book is that I found myself waiting for events to happen based on the show.
I read the books before the show, I was the other way around

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife and I didn't watch any of this show previously but binged all 8 seasons over the past couple of months. i remember everyone saying the last season sucked so bad. i didn't think it was horrible but maybe i had mentally prepared myself for a letdown in season 8 so i didn't really care.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife and I didn't watch any of this show previously but binged all 8 seasons over the past couple of months. i remember everyone saying the last season sucked so bad. i didn't think it was horrible but maybe i had mentally prepared myself for a letdown in season 8 so i didn't really care.
I thought the outrage was overblown

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was a big rush to the end imo but I also think the terribleness of the last season was overhyped too. I rewatched it again later and it was decent.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my only complaint with the final season was the death of Cersei.

For all the despicable acts she committed, her demise was rather tame and lame.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The criticism of the 8th season probably was overblown, but only because it wasn't THAT much worse than the previous 3 season which were also not good.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ending itself was fine imo the biggest flaw was Dany flipping so quickly. Had they had maybe four more episodes to flesh it out more it would've been better

That goes for much of the plot. In book format it would probably play better