• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, for me, I don't want to hear what the author intended. That goes for songs/lyrics and fine art as well.

In my opinion, good art has an ability to be different things to different people. Take a book, or a song that you love and discuss it with someone you respect. Often times, you're taking completely different things away from it, and that's awesome. We all see things from different perspectives.

I like to hear other people's takes on works because they're just opinions. When an author or writer says, "well, this was about X, period," it can crush the personal connection between the work and you.
I feel like the author would rather the reader take what they want from a work of fiction as opposed to lecturing on what he/she was going for in a particular moment. Everyone reading has their own interpretation.

Maybe we need to have a tHoop book club

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew there was a debate until now. I thought for sure it was about a satanic cult.

That was what I had always read multiple times on the song. They had met some of the goofballs associated with Anton LeVey and found them weird and scary. LeVey had bought an old hotel around that time, it literally has been called the Hotel California.

Of course, a quick Google search shows a Snopes hit that this is all false. Still....it was a good story!

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 8 can't get anything right:

aovf3nhtgx741.jpg

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R.R. Martin says he is making progress on new Game of Thrones book - CNN

Here's one OK thing to come out of this awful, world-wide pandemic: we may finally be getting a new "Game of Thrones" book.

"I have to confess, after half a year of pandemic, I am showing signs of cabin fever. If nothing else, the enforced isolation has helped me write. I am spending long hours every day on THE WINDS OF WINTER, and making steady progress," George R.R. Martin, author of the series, tweeted Wednesday morning.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin can eat a bag of dicks. HBO finished that story for me when his lazy ass decided he'd rather crossdress as an orc and play D&D instead of writing. And HBO destroyed it so...

Yeah. I've wasted a lot of time on this material.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George R.R. Martin says he is making progress on new Game of Thrones book - CNN

Here's one OK thing to come out of this awful, world-wide pandemic: we may finally be getting a new "Game of Thrones" book.

"I have to confess, after half a year of pandemic, I am showing signs of cabin fever. If nothing else, the enforced isolation has helped me write. I am spending long hours every day on THE WINDS OF WINTER, and making steady progress," George R.R. Martin, author of the series, tweeted Wednesday morning.
I will be reading it and hoping for a better ending that the show.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be reading it and hoping for a better ending that the show.
You'll be disappointed since the ending is currently 2 books away.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be disappointed since the ending is currently 2 books away.
I am aware.

I am hoping Martin can take it in a different direction. Now's the time to start.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's remarkable that dude didn't finish one GOT book in nearly a decade
I can't pretend to know how difficult it can be to write a book but I would rather he get it right rather than rush something out that wasn't up to the standards he has set.

Same can be said for Patrick Rothfuss..but I am pretty sure he is going through some depression shit and might have gotten divorced.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't pretend to know how difficult it can be to write a book but I would rather he get it right rather than rush something out that wasn't up to the standards he has set.

Same can be said for Patrick Rothfuss..but I am pretty sure he is going through some depression shit and might have gotten divorced.

He could've written one page per day and had two books done easy

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read Fire & Blood? I got about 1/3 of the way though. Very detailed, and although its not written in the same way, it gives you some of the flavor of what you have been missing. It also made me feel a bit disturbed that he spent some much time and detail on this book rather than finishing A Song of Fire and Ice. Beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read Fire & Blood? I got about 1/3 of the way though. Very detailed, and although its not written in the same way, it gives you some of the flavor of what you have been missing. It also made me feel a bit disturbed that he spent some much time and detail on this book rather than finishing A Song of Fire and Ice. Beggers can't be choosers I suppose.
I have not. I saw it in a free library box a few weeks ago and meant to grab it.

He is really doing a great job of world building for Westeros and the history of it and I think that's cool.

I loved the Hedge Knight and the Adventures of Dunk and Egg.

so he is writing, but it isn't the big one.