• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #8 - NE Patriots vs NY Jets Mon. 11/09/2020 8:15 PM EST

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't understood at all where you are going with this.

Okay he wasted a 5th on a kicker, but drafted what could be the best tackle in the draft in the 6th. We have a middle of the road kicker that by all accounts isn't hurting us much, who replaced a guy who might be the worst kicker in the league.

We have a guy who's getting the job down allowing the team to focus it's attention to the rest of the team. When the team is ready to talk personnel for 2021 the position will probably be revisited, but at a time when that's what the management should be focused on...

Where in any of this is a problem for 2020? And if you are worried about 2021, the 2020 wasted pick has already been corrected.
Okay let me break this down for you seeing as you are lost.

1. A question was posed are you confident with Folk?

2. I replied no not really.

3. Then we discussed how we got Folk we basically scrapped the bottom of the barrel for a kicker.

4. We Discussed the drafted kicker, WTF a DT has do with is escapes me.

5. We discusses the misses, we know you want to blame the weather on the simple PAT.

6. I asked if you thought the Pats would address the position in the off season. You avoided the question like the plague. Which can only lead one to believe you think they will you just can't man up and say it.

7. And if they address the position in the off season it's a sure fire response to the lack of trust they have.

There you are you're all caught up now.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let me break this down for you seeing as you are lost.

1. A question was posed are you confident with Folk?

2. I replied no not really.

3. Then we discussed how we got Folk we basically scrapped the bottom of the barrel for a kicker.

4. We Discussed the drafted kicker, WTF a DT has do with is escapes me.

5. We discusses the misses, we know you want to blame the weather on the simple PAT.

6. I asked if you thought the Pats would address the position in the off season. You avoided the question like the plague. Which can only lead one to believe you think they will you just can't man up and say it.

7. And if they address the position in the off season it's a sure fire response to the lack of trust they have.

There you are you're all caught up now.
Your recollection is different than mine, so here's my recollection..

1) You made a statement indicating we should not trust Folk despite his reasonable execution through the season, though the statement was in the form of a question.

3) I don't recall discussing that

4) We discussed drafting a kicker and that draft pick was a "miss" to which I agreed and countered the impact of that missed draft pick contrasted a major hit from drafting an O Tackle in the next round, which is being touted as a first round grade.

5) We discussed 1 miss that happen during bad whether in which I observed may have been affected by an unpredictable wind gust, one that should not be used to judge any kicker (if in fact my observation is correct).

6) You asked if Anybody thought we'd address the position in the offseason, which I did not answer because I was answering other aspects of your post, but soon after did answer. I answered with my mask on to avoid the plague.

7) If THEY address the position it's a sure fire response to the lack of trust they. But for me I'm satisfied with his contributions relative to the needs across the whole team.

For the record, I don't find this back and forth bothersome at all. Just you being you, and me being me.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your recollection is different than mine, so here's my recollection..

1) You made a statement indicating we should not trust Folk despite his reasonable execution through the season, though the statement was in the form of a question.

3) I don't recall discussing that

4) We discussed drafting a kicker and that draft pick was a "miss" to which I agreed and countered the impact of that missed draft pick contrasted a major hit from drafting an O Tackle in the next round, which is being touted as a first round grade.

5) We discussed 1 miss that happen during bad whether in which I observed may have been affected by an unpredictable wind gust, one that should not be used to judge any kicker (if in fact my observation is correct).

6) You asked if Anybody thought we'd address the position in the offseason, which I did not answer because I was answering other aspects of your post, but soon after did answer. I answered with my mask on to avoid the plague.

7) If THEY address the position it's a sure fire response to the lack of trust they. But for me I'm satisfied with his contributions relative to the needs across the whole team.

For the record, I don't find this back and forth bothersome at all. Just you being you, and me being me.
It's not bothersome just boring. It's going nowhere so I think Ill let it die.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for this thread to die

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course NE will address it during the off season. At a minimum camp competition.

We've been spoiled with Adam V and G-ski. I'm comfortable with Folk. Sure if he gets the shanks he'll need to be replaced sooner than later. But that goes for any kicker.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course NE will address it during the off season. At a minimum camp competition.

We've been spoiled with Adam V and G-ski. I'm comfortable with Folk. Sure if he gets the shanks he'll need to be replaced sooner than later. But that goes for any kicker.
Go back to 1996 and Parcels used trusted but mediocre Matt Bahr, then surprisingly replaced him with Rookie Vinatieri. Vinatieri gained no traction out of college but eventually earned his way onto an NFL Europe team, then did enough to earn a training camp invite by the Pats.

What does this have to do with the current situation? Bahr was old and kept the position stable until a better option presented itself, much like Folk (age 40 vs 36 is close). Vinatieri needed time after college to hone his skills so that could be exactly what Rohrwasser is doing now. The draft pick is gone an is clearly a "blown pick" since he's not on any active roster therefore would have most likely been available as a UDF (though possibly a different team grabbed him).

We really won't know until a few years down the road.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to 1996 and Parcels used trusted but mediocre Matt Bahr, then surprisingly replaced him with Rookie Vinatieri. Vinatieri gained no traction out of college but eventually earned his way onto an NFL Europe team, then did enough to earn a training camp invite by the Pats.

What does this have to do with the current situation? Bahr was old and kept the position stable until a better option presented itself, much like Folk (age 40 vs 36 is close). Vinatieri needed time after college to hone his skills so that could be exactly what Rohrwasser is doing now. The draft pick is gone an is clearly a "blown pick" since he's not on any active roster therefore would have most likely been available as a UDF (though possibly a different team grabbed him).

We really won't know until a few years down the road.
This is true. Most rookie kickers have a miserable first year if they're forced into the position full time and have to perform under extreme pressure. They're not kicking for the school's glory anymore, they're also kicking for other guys salaries and playoff money. It takes time to mature and calm oneself inside.

Very much like a newbie being put in with a bunch of vets in combat. No one trusts him. If he doesn't get himself killed the first few times out, then other people begin to feel more at ease if he has to perform. We forget, most of these guys are 21 or 22. I have to laugh when I think of myself as a grizzled combat vet at 19. Not too many people trusted me at 18 in my first tour but in my second tour I got my nickname ........"Beast".