• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 7: Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 6/1 5:00 PM, NBCSN

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was worried after Gabs tied it up , the Hawks had much more energy from that point until the end of OT.

Ya the Hawks were outright brining it but Quick finally stood tall, channeling the inner 2012 Quick. I think Puck alluded to that or Ox I can't remember, but to me that was what was needed. Him frustrating the Hawks with timely and great saves.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the Hawks were outright brining it but Quick finally stood tall, channeling the inner 2012 Quick. I think Puck alluded to that or Ox I can't remember, but to me that was what was needed. Him frustrating the Hawks with timely and great saves.

It also seemed like the Kings were just going for it, playing to win, which is what we wanted. Worked out.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was Puck and he was spot on.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was saying that the winner of this series would be the Cup winner but I'm not ready to crown the Kings just yet. Lundqvist is a much better goaltender than Crawford and the Rangers have some pretty good players of their own in B. Richards, Nash and St. Louis. Plus they're another speed team. The big advantage I see the Kings having is on defense and their size. The Kings will have to use that size to slow up the Rangers attack.

Ox

I'm happy the Kings and Rangers are finally going to see an extended series. I think Lundqvist is a great goalie, but Quick doesn't get the same respect back East. If he can be somewhat decent and not look like he did this WCF, I think that will be accomplished. If he starts playing on another level like he has before, he will shame Lundqvist.

One area the Kings should and will exploit is strength down the middle. The Kings centers are heads above the Rangers, and they don't have a defender even on the same playing field as Doughty.

Still have to play the games but I really like LA's chances. The East is about to find out why the West is far superior.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quick was huge the last 10-12 minutes of regulation. Those were the timely saves the Kings needed and he got them done, which he didn't in Games 5-6 but Crawford did.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, Ryan McDonagh has been great this year. Not as good as Doughty but hes up there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyo, what a win!

I watched every game in the dark, sometimes on mute because that was one freaking intense series. Chicago is so fast and talented that the Kings playing great defense still let in about 3-4 goals per game. Chicago is the only team that continues to make Quick look pedestrian. You could see after Game 3 that Chicago was all in for offense, with odd man rushes against be damned. Chicago was going to attack with 4 or 5 every time and it was really effective in producing offense. The offset was their inability to hold 2-0 leads in 3 of the 4 games in Chicago. In Games 2,5, and 7, Chicago was up 2-0 and LA found a way to tie the game in every one of them. Just a crazy series.

Quick looked anything but stellar, but Chicago was absolutely pouring it on for 7 games and, as Puck mentioned, he made some huge saves in the 3rd period of Game 7. He had moments, like stopping that two on zero rush in Game 6 (With LA's patented 5 man line change resulting in a free rush once per series move). His save with six seconds left in Game 7 made me leave the room just to breathe.

That was such a high display of skill over the entire series that it is still hard to process that LA won. You can just tell when casual/non fans can't stop talking about that series.

Props to the D for hanging with those forwards of Chicago. Pick your poison. On that 5v3 in Game 7, with Mitchell and Doughty in the box, LA was looking at Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, and Keith. Wow. Maybe with the whole league to choose from, you maybe still come to picking those 5. Kings (and Quick) channeling that PK that was so huge in 2012. Massive massive kill (even though Sharp scored shortly after).

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the GDT from the Blackhawk fans on NHL.com
They believe in conspiracy theories and the whole nine.

The idea of conspiracy for Kings is HILARIOUS as much as it is STUPIDITY. The NHL would have badly wanted Hawk-Rangers SC Final. Not only for Original 6 reasons, but the overnight tv ratings for game 7 was 4 in LA and 22 in Chicago. No way would the league prefer LA win that game.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyo, what a win!

I watched every game in the dark, sometimes on mute because that was one freaking intense series. Chicago is so fast and talented that the Kings playing great defense still let in about 3-4 goals per game. Chicago is the only team that continues to make Quick look pedestrian. You could see after Game 3 that Chicago was all in for offense, with odd man rushes against be damned. Chicago was going to attack with 4 or 5 every time and it was really effective in producing offense. The offset was their inability to hold 2-0 leads in 3 of the 4 games in Chicago. In Games 2,5, and 7, Chicago was up 2-0 and LA found a way to tie the game in every one of them. Just a crazy series.

Quick looked anything but stellar, but Chicago was absolutely pouring it on for 7 games and, as Puck mentioned, he made some huge saves in the 3rd period of Game 7. He had moments, like stopping that two on zero rush in Game 6 (With LA's patented 5 man line change resulting in a free rush once per series move). His save with six seconds left in Game 7 made me leave the room just to breathe.

That was such a high display of skill over the entire series that it is still hard to process that LA won. You can just tell when casual/non fans can't stop talking about that series.

Props to the D for hanging with those forwards of Chicago. Pick your poison. On that 5v3 in Game 7, with Mitchell and Doughty in the box, LA was looking at Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, and Keith. Wow. Maybe with the whole league to choose from, you maybe still come to picking those 5. Kings (and Quick) channeling that PK that was so huge in 2012. Massive massive kill (even though Sharp scored shortly after).

Stunner--excellent synopsis. Thank you.
LOL at you sitting in dark with tv muted, a nervous wreck the whole time
I was a nervous wreck the whole time with the lights on and tv volume

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of conspiracy for Kings is HILARIOUS as much as it is STUPIDITY. The NHL would have badly wanted Hawk-Rangers SC Final. Not only for Original 6 reasons, but the overnight tv ratings for game 7 was 4 in LA and 22 in Chicago. No way would the league prefer LA win that game.
How do you explain the 5 straight PPs for Chicago (Including a 5 on 3) in the 2nd period of Game 7 then? If there is a conspiracy it should be with the Hawks players for only managing to take one shot on that 5 on 3. Maybe they were sandbagging.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We harp on Matt Greene a bit during the playoffs, however he had a huge Game 7... puck possession and brute strength plus two assists. He had his best game of the playoffs on the right night.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psych, the conspiracy is only part of it. They whined and cried about everything. Stunner- that was my point exactly.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no complaints at all about the officiating.

Why would there be a conspiracy in favor of the Kings when the TV ratings from Chicago are ridiculously higher?

At the end of the day the Kings dominated games 2, 3 and 4. The Hawks blew 2 goal leads repeatedly. And in game 7 LA drills an OT game/series winner.

One complaint I have was the biased announcing, it was annoying as fuck, but other than that, nothing to complain about in my opinion. Great series, probably took 2 years off my life.

Congrats and good luck

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a beautiful day at the beach. :cool2:

10364146_10152092530562466_7853748524669718923_n.jpg

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash