• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 7: Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 6/1 5:00 PM, NBCSN

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of us had several heart attacks during this run and gotten very angry at times but damn, this team just doesn't quit. Winning 3 game 7s on the road in one playoff season is crazy.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of us had several heart attacks during this run and gotten very angry at times but damn, this team just doesn't quit. Winning 3 game 7s on the road in one playoff season is crazy.

And another first for the NHL. The Devils won 3 game 7's one year but 2 of them were on home ice.l

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats King fans! Good luck in the Finals :clap:

Thanks Doobee. Not the "Original Six" a lot of the commentators and talking heads seemed to want but the League and NBC should actually be happy. The 2 largest TV markets in the country head-to-head.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what makes winning this series so amazing, the Kings endured a lot of lopsided bullshit.

I gotta say sorry to you two. I hate you both like little brothers but :lol:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Doobee. Not the "Original Six" a lot of the commentators and talking heads seemed to want but the League and NBC should actually be happy. The 2 largest TV markets in the country head-to-head.

Ox

Congrats Ox, should be great for the league to have NYC & LA in the SCF. Really looking forward to this series, especially with the goalie matchup.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say Quick made those big saves I was alluding to earlier - he came up huge a few times down the stretch, especially at the end of the 3rd period. If the Kings got some decent goaltending this series, it wouldn't have made it past 5.

The Kings also locked it down after scoring the fourth goal by Gaborik. They didn't hand the game right back over.

Regardless, the resolve of this team is just off the charts. I was stuck on the 91W at the start of the game and listening on the radio, and just like that it's 2-0. I then heard Carter score to make it 2-1. My mom calls, the daycare lady calls, I turned the radio down for 5 minutes and when I turn it back up it's 3-2 Hawks.

Hawks had 3 different leads and couldn't hold it, it's really nice to see this franchise evolve from the loveable losers to a legitimate threat year after year after year.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know its crazy too. Vancouver-Hawks, those teams just hate each other. Same with Kings-Sharks I would say. A lot of series like this, the two teams just out right hate each other.

With the Kings-Hawks though, you can just tell both of these teams out right respect each other. There is like no bad blood between them. Just two, honest, hard fighting clubs going toe to toe against each other.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was saying that the winner of this series would be the Cup winner but I'm not ready to crown the Kings just yet. Lundqvist is a much better goaltender than Crawford and the Rangers have some pretty good players of their own in B. Richards, Nash and St. Louis. Plus they're another speed team. The big advantage I see the Kings having is on defense and their size. The Kings will have to use that size to slow up the Rangers attack.

Ox

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was saying that the winner of this series would be the Cup winner but I'm not ready to crown the Kings just yet. Lundqvist is a much better goaltender than Crawford and the Rangers have some pretty good players of their own in B. Richards, Nash and St. Louis. Plus they're another speed team. The big advantage I see the Kings having is on defense and their size. The Kings will have to use that size to slow up the Rangers attack.

Ox

We do have the home ice, wich is nice for a change.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can finally post again! I'm too superstitious to post during a series but I can finally say FUCK YEAH!!!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 79

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did something after we got home from a birthday party today, the Kings flag was all furled up in front of the house. My hockey gear was still in the back of my Suburban from yesterday (should smell great tomorrow morning) so I grabbed my stick, unraveled it and had it flowing in the wind again. Kings were down 3-2 when I did that.

Realized this entire series, the flag was slowly getting furled up as the series went along. It flew freely for Games 1-4 overall, Kings went 3-1. It was coiled up in Games 5-6, losses. Unraveled and it viola, OT win.

Gotta make sure that thing is free flowing throughout the Cup Final.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did something after we got home from a birthday party today, the Kings flag was all furled up in front of the house. My hockey gear was still in the back of my Suburban from yesterday (should smell great tomorrow morning) so I grabbed my stick, unraveled it and had it flowing in the wind again. Kings were down 3-2 when I did that.

Realized this entire series, the flag was slowly getting furled up as the series went along. It flew freely for Games 1-4 overall, Kings went 3-1. It was coiled up in Games 5-6, losses. Unraveled and it viola, OT win.

Gotta make sure that thing is free flowing throughout the Cup Final.

I have a game used puck from the 2012 cup finals that I gave to a co-worker to display at work. I gave it to him last year before the start of the WCF. When the Kings were down 0-3 to the sharks I brought it back home and it's been sitting under the TV since. The Kings haven't lost a series since. :suds:

Though I'll read everyday as I have the past 20 years I won't be posting after this till the finals are over. If all goes well I'll see ya guys at a parade in a couple of weeks, or sooner! GO KINGS! :peace:

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, if I recall correctly it was 1991-92. They opened up against Edmonton and lost in 6 games.

They had home ice last year in Conf Semi's (4-3) against San Jose. Home team won every game.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome home boys!

1966939_707691385962090_5207817211914530609_n.jpg

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried after Gabs tied it up , the Hawks had much more energy from that point until the end of OT.