• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 7: Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 6/1 5:00 PM, NBCSN

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a beautiful day at the beach. :cool2:

10364146_10152092530562466_7853748524669718923_n.jpg

I love this picture.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, Ryan McDonagh has been great this year. Not as good as Doughty but hes up there.

Sure he has been great, but is he Doughty great? Not even close my friend.

Doughty will control the ice like he has in every series and while I think McDonagh will have his moments Doughty will prove to be much more a difference maker at both ends of the ice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else worried at the talk about Kings being the heavy favorite? Home ice for once. At least they had it last year against San Jose and got it done. Kings need to be ready to go though. I don't think Quick needs to outplay Lundqvist, but he will need to be better than he was last series. Rangers played Ray Emery/Steve Mason, then Fleury, then Tokarski for all but Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals, and still took 7 games, 7 games, then 6 games, so I have to believe that Quick is going to really be a shock to the Rangers. However, Games 1 & 2 in SJ, Game 5 in Anaheim, Games 3-7 against Chicago, pucks were definitely going in.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he has been great, but is he Doughty great? Not even close my friend.

Doughty will control the ice like he has in every series and while I think McDonagh will have his moments Doughty will prove to be much more a difference maker at both ends of the ice.

ESPN LeBrun on Doughty vs McDonagh, echoing Puck:

NHL - 2014 Stanley Cup finals preview: Los Angeles Kings versus New York Rangers - ESPN
Spotlight On

Rangers: Ryan McDonagh
This is a chance for the Rangers' star blueliner to prove he belongs in the same conversation as Kings stud Drew Doughty, the Conn Smythe favorite at this point of the playoffs. McDonagh was incredible in the Eastern Conference finals, putting up 10 points (two goals-eight assists) in six games versus Montreal and playing a key role in the lone goal by Dominic Moore in Game 6. McDonagh's closing speed on attackers is sensational. Now on the national stage, more people will realize what a special player this 24-year-old is.
Kings: Drew Doughty
For my money, there is no better defenseman in the world. He was the best player at the Sochi Olympics and is proving once again that he loves the big stage, playing the best hockey of any player in these Stanley Cup playoffs. Hockey fans in the East who don't get to see him play much are in for a treat. If the Rangers thought handling P.K. Subban was a challenge, get ready for a whole new level. Drew Doughty is the bomb. Plain and simple.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings should beat the Rags 4 out of 5 games, which is probably a huge problem.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I want the Kings to win in 4 or 7 games

Really if they just win 4 of 7 I would be happy.
Told the boss I need parade day off, whenever it is.
He said, " didn't you just go to one of those?"

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick faced some of the top offense teams in the league. Much different than when he faced St Louis and then Phoenix in 2012. Kings were heavy favorites against the Devils as well and that worked out alright ;p