• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6: San Jose Sharks @ Los Angeles Kings, 4/28 7:00 PM, NBCSN & PRIME

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - Puck's on FIYAH!

You know, I never hated SJ until this series. They brought on a bunch of hacks like Brown and Torres and then when their corn gets pushed in they cry.

Seriously, go eat a six dick burrito. You had it coming.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton, on his altercation with Jonathan Quick:
Just Drew was trying to box me out and I was just trying to go the net and just overpowered him, that’s all.

------------------------

Overpowered him? You mean crosschecked the hell out of him, don't you, Joe?

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back home from the game and post-game celebration. What fun tonight was. Especially that 3rd period. All those folks who said Los Anglees fans at Staples weren't into the game unless the Kings scored a goal should have been there tonight during that 2-man disadvantage PK in the 2nd period. That to me was the turning point in the game. Even though San Jose tied it up later I never felt like the Kings were in danger of losing the game. And did they ever prove me right. They really got the Sharks off their game and they started to look like the Coyotes of 2012. And guess which player was also on that Phoenix roster who now wears number 13 for the Sharks. Coincidence?

Great win and nice comeback in the series. Lets make it "Up to the Tank, then On to the Pond".

Ox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton, on his altercation with Jonathan Quick:
Just Drew was trying to box me out and I was just trying to go the net and just overpowered him, that’s all.

------------------------

Overpowered him? You mean crosschecked the hell out of him, don't you, Joe?

Because bulldozing him while he isn't looking is "overpowering" him. What an idiot Thornton is.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow nice job forcing game 7. Good luck to you guys, would make history!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bro, we will need all the luck we can get. :suds:

Will for sure be rooting for the Kings to comeback from the 3-0 deficit. Would be a truly remarkable achievement. Has only happened 3 times in NHL history...
-Maple Leafs vs Red Wings in the 1942 SCF
-Islanders against my Pens in the 1975 quarter finals :L

-Flyers vs Bruins in the 2010 quarterfinals

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will for sure be rooting for the Kings to comeback from the 3-0 deficit. Would be a truly remarkable achievement. Has only happened 3 times in NHL history...
-Maple Leafs vs Red Wings in the 1942 SCF
-Islanders against my Pens in the 1975 quarter finals :L

-Flyers vs Bruins in the 2010 quarterfinals

And it's never happened before in any other sport except for MLB, in 2004 Down 3-0 in the series, the Red Sox fought back and ended up taking the series 4-3 from the Bombers. Boston crushed the Yankees in Game 7, in Yankee Stadium, to close out the series.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's never happened before in any other sport except for MLB, in 2004 Down 3-0 in the series, the Red Sox fought back and ended up taking the series 4-3 from the Bombers. Boston crushed the Yankees in Game 7, in Yankee Stadium, to close out the series.

I remember that! Not a big fan of baseball but that was a heck of a moment which all sports fans could appreciate, except Yankee fans of course.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cItlZc4.png

Cheated - LOL

Yeah, sucking balls on the gift 5on3 for over a minute and a half, and the subsequent power play had nothing to do with it, huh Todd?

His ass is fired if they lose Wednesday, and I'll laugh my ass off!! What a jackwad.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how he thought they were cheated. Did the whistle blow? No. Was the puck kicked in? No. Did Williams shove Stalock into the net? No. He simply shoved the puck through Stalock's pads and over the goal line into the net. I guess maybe thought there should have been a whistle because Stalock had the puck covered. Well Coach, the puck obviously wasn't covered or else Williams wouldn't have been able to get his stick on it. Sour grapes at its best.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are tv angles that show the puck was behind stalock and loose. Williams pushed Stalock and that forced the puck in. Of the puck was covered then no goal but from behind the net you can see the puck behind stalock's left foot.
One of the Sharks saw it and tried to shove it under his pads

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've seen so far showed it being loose. The referee actually made a motion to come behind the net so he could get a good look at it, and I have to say this definitely worked in the Kings' favor.

If he is far back he doesn't see it loose and whistles it dead.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why it was a bad call was that the Kings player pushed Stalock into the goal, which violates the rule. The NHL admitted it was a bad call. Doesn't really matter though, Kings won and its a game 7- may the best team win.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why it was a bad call was that the Kings player pushed Stalock into the goal, which violates the rule. The NHL admitted it was a bad call. Doesn't really matter though, Kings won and its a game 7- may the best team win.

Uhhh. No.

NHL confirmed puck entered net legally.

NHL.com - News

"At 11:56 of the third period in the San Jose Sharks/Los Angeles Kings game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the San Jose net. Video review confirmed the referee's call on the ice that the puck entered the net in a legal fashion. Good goal Los Angeles."

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

The ref said he could see the puck uncovered therefore no whistle, good goal right call. The video angle shows the puck squirt through his pads and come free. Stalock wasn't pushed over the net...good goal.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the NHL said it was a bad call (I didn't see anything like that), then they say their ref is not competent. He was in perfect position to see the puck loose. And Stalock was never pushed INTO the goal...he was at least a foot away from the goal line.

Just saw the replay again, with commentary by the useless San Jose announcers..."intent to blow the whistle"??? Had the ref "INTENDED" to blow the whistle, he would have immediately waved off the goal, rather than signal the puck was in. Get a clue, homers...

On a related note, I'm betting Kings fans are the only ones forced to put up with the opposing team's telecast in this first round. I know Chicago's NBC/Comcast employees didn't do the national feed of their series with St. Louis, so that cannot be the excuse or reasoning.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose's bench loudly protested the call, saying the puck should have been blown dead under Stalock, but it was upheld on video review.

"We got cheated," McLellan said. "Simple as that. I was told that you could see the puck laying behind his feet the whole time."

If you could see the puck "laying behind" his feet the whole time.. that means it was a loose puck... and it was.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should this Los Angeles Kings goal have counted? Absolutely not | Post-to-Post

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

69.6 Rebounds and Loose Pucks - In a rebound situation, or where a goalkeeper and attacking player(s) are simultaneously attempting to play a loose puck, whether inside or outside the crease, incidental contact with the goalkeeper will be permitted, and any goal that is scored as a result thereof will be allowed.
In the event that a goalkeeper has been pushed into the net together with the puck by an attacking player after making a stop, the goal will be disallowed. If applicable, appropriate penalties will be assessed.
In the event that the puck is under a player in or around the crease area (deliberately or otherwise), a goal cannot be scored by pushing this player together with the puck into the goal. If applicable, the appropriate penalties will be assessed, including a penalty shot if deemed to be covered in the crease deliberately.

Its black and white.