• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 - Miami at Virginia Tech

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is stressful.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas was spectacular, Branthover can kick further than 25 yards, and we beat the Canes. Great day!!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phew!!

I really hope Lamar Miller goes on to shred every single defense he faces just to make me feel a little bit better about our ability (or lack thereof) to stop him in the second half.

I loved when Branthover booted his first kick, the crowd went crazy like we scored a touchdown. Also, it really wasn't necessary as the crowd was already ballistic, but I loved "Enter Sandman" in the final seconds. The guy I was watching with (grew up in East Lansing, went to UNC-Charlotte) was kind of taken aback and a guy I work with called me up after the game to say how impressive it was.

Logan looked great, but his poor outweigh his great so far, time will tell. Never expected this game to become a shoot out.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT3 played out of this world today. 5 touchdowns total including leading us on a game winning drive and only 2 incompletions. bad news is the defense was absolutely humiliated (touchdown on 2nd and 30 running play??) in the second half. boneheaded penalties too really killed us today, luckily our offense came to play today and we pulled it out. huge, huge win. very proud of LT3 today

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game, I actually thought we were going to run with it but we let Miami get back into it with bad defense. Logan Thomas was on target today. He was 23/25. One incompletion was a drop and one was a throwaway I believe. It was awesome when the crowd went crazy after Branthover boomed that kick. It also cool how Andrew Miller recovered the fumble and rumbled for 2 yards.

What did you guys think about the call on 4th and 1? When I saw them lining up in the shotgun I was like wat, then saw Logan go in untouched on the read option for a touchdown. AWESOME.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been almost 2 hours and I'm still all pumped up on adrenaline from that game. WOW. That was intense. That game turned out to be almost completely opposite what everyone expected. Instead of the offenses struggling against the defenses, it was both defenses that struggled to stop anyone. It's not every day you see Va Tech's offense have to bail out the defense. I don't know what happened but after the 1st quarter, our D just got spanked. Thank God Thomas picked today to have a MONSTER game.

What did you guys think about the call on 4th and 1? When I saw them lining up in the shotgun I was like wat, then saw Logan go in untouched on the read option for a touchdown. AWESOME.

I was already frustrated about the run calls prior to that so I was freaking out when they came out in the shotgun. More guts than brains call there, but hey, it worked. O-line parted the Red Sea and LT3 waltzed to the endzone for the TD.

BTW, Mike Patrick is a great announcer. He really does a nice job of capturing the intensity and atmosphere of the game.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was already frustrated about the run calls prior to that so I was freaking out when they came out in the shotgun. More guts than brains call there, but hey, it worked. O-line parted the Red Sea and LT3 waltzed to the endzone for the TD.
I agree the run calls were weird especially with Thomas and the receivers having monster games. Why not just let Thomas air it out. Although, I disagree that 4th and 1 wasn't a brains call. They probably saw that the Miami D was collapsing inward like crazy on the running back on inside run plays.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
a few quick things:

LT played out of his freakin mind!
Lane Stadium was as loud as its been in a long time for most of this ball game.
Our D got shredded (late) but we were missing a lot of bodies out there.
a personal foul almost cost us this ball game.
I was really really impressed how we played with the game on the line.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
After the game Logan said he was thankful that the coaches allowed him to throw some (easy) passes early to get him in a rhythm.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder when we'll hear about Gayle and JGW... Really need Gayle in there. And Maddy needs to heal up because Prince didn't look too hot when he was out there

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling was a lot better this week and LT played like a champ. The routes were better suited for him, he made the throws. He actually made reads and checked to the RB when it wasn't there. Looked like a whole new team on both sides of the ball (not a good thing on defense). Coaches worked a lot but lets see if they keep it up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LTs only incompletions were a drop and the play were (imo) there should have been a PI against Wilson. As Nick said the check downs were a big part of that but i think getting logan some confidence in himself and his teammates played a large role also.

Now lets get on twitter etc and bash LT on the two incompletions to keep him motivated! haha

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
courtney prince is an offensive lineman for us if im not mistaken, why was he in there? i think he used to be a DT but still... maddy, hamlette, tucker, marshall, and harley all should have been in there over him. prince was awful. did they not dress or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome seeing this after being there in person
Tyrod sighting at 1:03
Best quote "These people are loosing their mind!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome game, I actually thought we were going to run with it but we let Miami get back into it with bad defense. Logan Thomas was on target today. He was 23/25. One incompletion was a drop and one was a throwaway I believe. It was awesome when the crowd went crazy after Branthover boomed that kick. It also cool how Andrew Miller recovered the fumble and rumbled for 2 yards.

Pretty sure it wasn't Miller. Believe it was the left tackle that got beat by his man around the edge to knock the ball out. Use to be a former TE.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
lil' help??? I guess my DVR didnt pick up the game for some reason and the little stuff is sometimes hard to see in the stadium.

1) The logan fumble. It looked like he ended getting possession back before it gets ripped out while on the ground. Can someone explain what happened???

2) The long pass that what reviewed that set up a TD. IN or OUT, honestly looked like a catch to me but my buddy who sits first row within 5 yards of the play said he was bobbling it?

3) What happened with the Collins unsportsman like? i seen him throw the ball but people were saying Jacory did something also? <---Btw IMO VT wins the game going away without this penalty.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lil' help??? I guess my DVR didnt pick up the game for some reason and the little stuff is sometimes hard to see in the stadium.

1) The logan fumble. It looked like he ended getting possession back before it gets ripped out while on the ground. Can someone explain what happened???

2) The long pass that what reviewed that set up a TD. IN or OUT, honestly looked like a catch to me but my buddy who sits first row within 5 yards of the play said he was bobbling it?

3) What happened with the Collins unsportsman like? i seen him throw the ball but people were saying Jacory did something also? <---Btw IMO VT wins the game going away without this penalty.

1. Looked on tv like it was between his legs and then on the ground and never controlled when a U player took it away.

2. Had possession, not sure if he got the right foot down. Showed the replay 20 times and whichever way it was called, I didn't think it would be overturned. Announcers agreed that was questionable

3. Jacory is in his face talking smack while JR is on the ground, and JR retaliated. Dumb move, they always catch the second guy.

Side note- kinda looked like the ball was on the ground when the receiver caught that HB pass for a TD. Don't know why it wasn't reviewed.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It came down to that last possession and he said, 'This is where legends are made. This is where you make your legacy. Go ahead and do it," Thomas said of Taylor, one of the most accomplished and popular Hokies of recent years, now a member of the NFL's Baltimore Ravens.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan played a hell of a game today. Offense played extremely well; I have nothing bad to say about them. Thing that worried me is the defense. More specifically, how bad are the injuries to Gayle and Hopkins going to hurt us? The cutback lanes were WIDE open and that is where miller destroyed us.

One other thing that continues to bother me is the play calling. For the first part of the game, O'Cain was making some awful calls. He was so predictable and it was impressive that the offense was able to overcome him. Run on 1st, run on 2nd, then throw on 3rd. It was painful. However, as the game progressed, he seemed to be less predictable and our success allowed him to basically call whatever he wanted.

And the reffing. WTF. I'm hoping I can watch a replay of this game on ESPN because there were a lot of perplexing decisions.

Anyways, go Hokies. Go Hokie Nation. Today was a good day.