• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 - Miami at Virginia Tech

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope that maddy/tucker/hamlette step up so that marshall doesnt have to play on running downs at defensive tackle. i realize he has played DT in nickle situations, but hes only 250, thats a huge change from hopkins who was 300+. really wish we could have kept marshall at end like he was projected out of high school.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope that maddy/tucker/hamlette step up so that marshall doesnt have to play on running downs at defensive tackle. i realize he has played DT in nickle situations, but hes only 250, thats a huge change from hopkins who was 300+. really wish we could have kept marshall at end like he was projected out of high school.

Marshall may still end up at end, or play a hybrid spot like Noland Burchette and Jim Davis did.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on twitter that Beamer said something to the effect of "we will play the numbers game, and may consider going for it more often of fourth down instead of punting"

In a way i like going for it on fourth and short, but c'mon coach there are at least 3 better punters on this team USE ONE OF THEM!

Maybe Demler has some super embarrassing pics of Beamer and he's using them to keep his roster spot. That's the only logical reason why you'd keep sending him out to punt

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacory will be a key player for our team this week. Our front 7 will need to play well against their running game as well.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know much about Hamlette, but he might be one of the most important players in this game. Marshall is undersized and Maddy seems to still be nursing a high ankle sprain. Hopefully combining Marshall's speed and Hamlette's size will help us plug up the Miami running game (and maybe even get some pressure on Pickory). If not, it could be another long day.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one piece of good news...with demlers weak ass motherfucking punts...we shouldnt have to worry about Travis Benjamin breaking a return for a TD, our coverage guys will be on him before the ball

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one piece of good news...with demlers weak ass motherfucking punts...we shouldnt have to worry about Travis Benjamin breaking a return for a TD, our coverage guys will be on him before the ball

HA that made me laugh. I wouldn't mind going for it more on forth and very short but we need a better punter. It isn't like he had a bad game or even 2. He has been bad all season. I feel bad for him but there has to be another option available. We can't even pull a fake because the defense is running their regular zone with a deep guy cuz the punt might only go 8 yards...

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we absolutely cannot afford to lose another game this season if we want to get to the title game. i dont see georgia tech losing 2 games in conference. we must win out.

Well... GT could easily lose to both Clemson and VT. But both are home games, so I would hope not.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
HA that made me laugh. I wouldn't mind going for it more on forth and very short but we need a better punter. It isn't like he had a bad game or even 2. He has been bad all season. I feel bad for him but there has to be another option available. We can't even pull a fake because the defense is running their regular zone with a deep guy cuz the punt might only go 8 yards...

Bad season, bad summer camp, bad spring, as a fan i cant be there for practice but i've been to everything open to the public and 1 scrimmage that wasnt and have NEVER seen demler look sharp. IDK what the holdup/holdoff is but there are at least 3 better punters on our roster/in our system. <--- Branthover, Danny C., and (i cant think of this guys name) but i talked about him in the spring game/scrimmage threads. Like i said i cant remember his name but he was booming punts 50+ with height before a couple of the scrimmages.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats assuming the ball even gets there.. and thats a very big assumption

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami DT Marcus Forston out for the year, just announced. This guy gave us fits in the 2008 game I believe.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Hokies to bounce back this week. More touches (and less fumbles) for Wilson. The passing game will still struggle some, but will be noticeably better than last week, i guess that isnt hard to do. Defense will force multiple turnovers and setup the offense in great field position, which they will cash in for a TD. Hamlette and Marshall will step up and play well. Lamar Miller is good and will get some yards, but wont be much of a factor in the game.

[]_[] - 14
VT - 24

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hope we start throwing to the TE's more. Ima go out on a limb and say Drager gets multiple catches and Dunn might as well.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayron Hosley is "looking forward to getting 2 or 3 picks in this game".

Virgina Tech cornerback Jayron Hosley predicts 'two or three picks' against Miami Hurricanes Saturday

Hosley followed that by telling the Richmond Post-Dispatch that Harris, UM's interception-prone senior, "sometimes throws the ball a little blindly."

"He gets a little reckless sometimes when under pressure, so that's what kind of costs them," Hosley said. "We're hoping to get three (interceptions) again this year, maybe more."

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00