• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 47 - Philadelphia Flyers at New York Islanders(1-19-15): 1:00pm EST

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, MDZ gets one. Increasing his deadline rental value I see

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Rob Zepp gets back in tomorrow night, just because he got pulled in this one doesn't mean it was his fault - they played bad in front of him

I think he can definitely bounce back tomorrow if given the chance

I prefer Zepp but I am not sure the difference between the two can save us from the Pens with the way we are currently playing

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Zepp but I am not sure the difference between the two can save us from the Pens with the way we are currently playing

Even when the Flyers struggle, they still show up against the Penguins - and the Penguins have been awful the last two games so they might be catching them at a good time

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umberger (local Pittsburgh boy) gets 2 tomorrow. That will save us. Umberger is probably a point per game player against the pens, at least as a flyer.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to agree with you, that he's just not a good coach. But I also think this team is bad enough that you can't know for sure.

4-2, MDZ. Isles hoping they can just not play defense against the Flyers and load the stat sheet.

To me, he's made some really bad decisions this season, like scratching MDZ for a long period of time when he was one of the few guys that was probably worth playing - to me, I just don't see him being the long term coach here, this team needs a coach with an identity and I don't see Chief having an identity, he's just there, imo

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL John Tavares makes Razor look silly there

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers gave up TWENTY shots on goal in the second period - yes, only TWENTY

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavares. Something something Emery's lateral movement

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fire brooby and let lappy coach em tomorrow against the pens.

everybody beat the shit out of the pens. we need some entertainment!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when the Flyers struggle, they still show up against the Penguins - and the Penguins have been awful the last two games so they might be catching them at a good time

Hope you're right. I'll forget about the tank when we play Pittsburgh

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umberger (local Pittsburgh boy) gets 2 tomorrow. That will save us. Umberger is probably a point per game player against the pens, at least as a flyer.

I expect Umberger to go 2 points per game our final 10 games and makes us finish 14th. It would top of his useless season here

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fire brooby and let lappy coach em tomorrow against the pens.

everybody beat the shit out of the pens. we need some entertainment!

I'd let Lappy coach the team the rest of the season period

Curious if the Flyers were to fire Chief and then make a move in the offseason, would Terry Murray be a suitable replacement? He got canned by the Kings because he couldn't get any offense out of his teams and his system was part of the problem, but with all those young d-men playing under him, maybe with them coming up, the familiarity could help

Just throwing some things at the wall at this point

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd let Lappy coach the team the rest of the season period

Curious if the Flyers were to fire Chief and then make a move in the offseason, would Terry Murray be a suitable replacement? He got canned by the Kings because he couldn't get any offense out of his teams and his system was part of the problem, but with all those young d-men playing under him, maybe with them coming up, the familiarity could help

Just throwing some things at the wall at this point

I think the Flyers will need Terry Murray tutelage at some point. I'd like him to coach Sanheim, Morin, Ghost, and Haag (check) at some point. He knows what's up when it comes to defense. Those 4 are the key though, I'd say hold off on Murray this season so you can make the decision when you have a better idea about where the 4 of those guys are going to play next year.

if dmen get dealt and there's roster spots to be won for Morin/Ghost/Hagg (Sanheim is probably a year or two behind), I would bring in Murray as the coach to start next season. if they don't, I'd keep him as the Phantoms coach to help those guys out.

Lappy as interim head coach works for me. Bylsma also wouldn't be a bad IMO.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G!!! 5-3 game

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Flyers will need Terry Murray tutelage at some point. I'd like him to coach Sanheim, Morin, Ghost, and Haag (check) at some point. He knows what's up when it comes to defense. Those 4 are the key though, I'd say hold off on Murray this season so you can make the decision when you have a better idea about where the 4 of those guys are going to play next year.

if dmen get dealt and there's roster spots to be won for Morin/Ghost/Hagg (Sanheim is probably a year or two behind), I would bring in Murray as the coach to start next season. if they don't, I'd keep him as the Phantoms coach to help those guys out.

i don't think you can bring in bylsma as an interim coach though.

would it be possible to package some of these bad contracts with something of value? i hate to move youth, but to get out of salary cap hell i think you need to take a hit somewhere, possibly moving schenn if they take a vinny with him.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that's my main thing - you would think at least two of those guys would compete for spots next season so Terry Murray being there would be a big help - and boy do the Flyers need to learn defense - and it's not just the d-men but the forwards need to have better defensive habits because I've seen some real ugly defensive efforts by the forwards this season

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
also....tickets are $60 tomorrow on stubhub, i aint paying that ever for this team...was hoping todays hammering would drop the price down to the reasonable slop prices they have been all year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think you can bring in bylsma as an interim coach though.

would it be possible to package some of these bad contracts with something of value? i hate to move youth, but to get out of salary cap hell i think you need to take a hit somewhere, possibly moving schenn if they take a vinny with him.

agreed. bylsma would be a permanent type switch.

I think they can move some of them. the returns might not be great, but I think some of the problem is these guys are playing so out of place they're getting exposed. Coburn, A-Mac, Grossmann, Schenn, they're all playing way above where their supposed to be. All 4 of them can provide solid 3rd pair minutes and spot fill on 2nd pairs, they're just not 1st or 2nd pair guys. And the contracts, aside from maybe A-Mac's, aren't awful. Dmen are just expensive.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's my main thing - you would think at least two of those guys would compete for spots next season so Terry Murray being there would be a big help - and boy do the Flyers need to learn defense - and it's not just the d-men but the forwards need to have better defensive habits because I've seen some real ugly defensive efforts by the forwards this season

Agreed. Outside of G and Couturier I'm not sure any of the Flyers forwards know how to play defense this year. Voracek is OK at times, but not consistent. Read used to be good at it. Other than that they're mostly terrible.